www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.
www.firebladeriders.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kielder Sun 10th April

2 posters

Go down

Kielder Sun 10th April Empty Kielder Sun 10th April

Post by JT Mon 11 Apr 2011, 06:08

Now then

Lesley and I were on the road at 8am on the XJR, heading for Kielder. The sun was out but it was kinda cool. We rode up the the A167 through Northallerton to Darlington and met Rob and Lindsey at West Auckland, then the A68/A69/A68 stopping for petrol on the way

Kielder Sun 10th April SAM_0037

past Derwent reservoir, up valley and down dale. The weather was warming nicely as we neared our destination. New roads from here for me as we turned left off the 68 onto the B6318, a Roman Road as straight as they come, rising up and shooting down just as fast. It wasn't long before we joined the B6320 out of Chollerford, which turned into a 'cracker of a road, twisting and turning this way and that, with a decent surface and open wire fences as opposed to thick hedgebacks to see through the corners Kielder Sun 10th April Icon_wink

We had a snack and a coffee or two, sat outside at Kielder with Don, Norman and Dave, it was beautiful in the sunshine Kielder Sun 10th April 827250

Kielder Sun 10th April SAM_0039

Kielder Sun 10th April SAM_0040

Kielder Sun 10th April SAM_0043

Kielder Sun 10th April SAM_0044

Kielder Sun 10th April SAM_0046-1

Kielder Sun 10th April SAM_0048

Kielder Sun 10th April SAM_0049

We left the cafe at Tower Knowe and rode North up the West side of Kielder. There were 'daff's' everywhere and the odd bird of prey flying high above the stunning scenery. A couple of 'fast boy's' 'buzzed' us and Don set off for a play but we were just short of Newcastleton, where we'd planned to stop so he let them go Kielder Sun 10th April Icon_biggrin

Kielder Sun 10th April SAM_0050

We parted company with Don there and followed a distinct 'back road'. It started as a farm track, literally Kielder Sun 10th April Icon_lol but did improve as we headed South East to Hadrians Wall. Running parallel with the A69 we followed Hadrian's Wall and stopped at Carrawburgh, The Temple Of Mithras. There was a Geordie Guy with a coffee 'barrow' Kielder Sun 10th April Icon_lol but he couldn't serve coffee, summat up with his machine, so it was a tea or hot chocolate Kielder Sun 10th April Icon_lol

Kielder Sun 10th April SAM_0052

Kielder Sun 10th April SAM_0053

Kielder Sun 10th April SAM_0054

Kielder Sun 10th April SAM_0056

Kielder Sun 10th April SAM_0057

Kielder Sun 10th April SAM_0058

Kielder Sun 10th April SAM_0059

Kielder Sun 10th April SAM_0060

Kielder Sun 10th April SAM_0061

Having adjusted my chain twice today, I've decided it's fooked Kielder Sun 10th April Wacko so new C&S is next on the list.

Great day today. Fantastic weather, Great company and superb road's all round Kielder Sun 10th April Icon_cool

Is summer here Kielder Sun 10th April 937854 it felt like it today Cool
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1589
Male Age : 59
My bike(s) : 01 Yamaha XJR1300SP
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Back to top Go down

Kielder Sun 10th April Empty Re: Kielder Sun 10th April

Post by stuart Mon 11 Apr 2011, 09:00

Sounds like you had a good ride out, and did a few miles.
The 10 plate Busa was still at Kielder when i arrived at about 12.30, you must have been long gone by then tho.
stuart
stuart
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 2823
Male Age : 68
My bike(s) : Tiger 800
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Back to top Go down