www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.
www.firebladeriders.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donington Park September 23rd 2010

+4
JT
shadow
Kaiser
Tazfiend
8 posters

Go down

Donington Park September 23rd 2010 Empty Donington Park September 23rd 2010

Post by Tazfiend Sun 26 Sep 2010, 00:51

I've never been to Donington so I was heart broken when the Ecclestone spawned disaster struck. And very relieved when it reopened so I jumped at the chance to go for a day with No Limits.

Have a reasonable night sleeping in the car park after some discussions and toing and froing with the security guys. Rolled up to the pits in the morning and was delighted to see how good they were. Plenty of plugs for my beand new tyre warmers.

Damp start to the day, but first time there learning my way around so I was in no great hurry. Got five sessions in all (one broken and shortened for rain and two washed out). Was slightly disappointed to lose the last two sessions just when I really felt I was starting to get to grips with parts of the track but had a ball anyway.

Donny is a lovely flowing track with lots of speed and very challenging corners - I spent most of the morning being sucked into early turn in and apexes and running out to the kerbs of part throttle instead of driving out. Laughing

Got a very brief stint with an instructor, who pointed out that even in the fourth session I was still turning in too early, and that helped clean things up a lot. We were running very near the front of Inters, which I was chuffed with having never visited the track before. Did mean there was lots of traffic though.

Best time of 1:26.4.

Lovely weather for the drive down:
Donington Park September 23rd 2010 IMG00257-20100922-1731

The view from where I slept:
Donington Park September 23rd 2010 IMG_4715

The view of where I slept:
Donington Park September 23rd 2010 IMG00259-20100923-0634

Shocking how much kit you can take to a track day - half of it was still in the cars. Donington Park September 23rd 2010 Shy
Donington Park September 23rd 2010 IMG_4717

First view of the Donington pit lane:
Donington Park September 23rd 2010 IMG_4720

Cue the Top Gun theme?
Donington Park September 23rd 2010 IMG_4726

Okay, is it suspension, pressures, or just cooked?
Donington Park September 23rd 2010 IMG00267-20100923-1613
Tazfiend
Tazfiend
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1337
Male Age : 55
My bike(s) : CBR900RRX
Registration date : 2008-01-15

https://www.youtube.com/tazfiend

Back to top Go down

Donington Park September 23rd 2010 Empty Re: Donington Park September 23rd 2010

Post by Tazfiend Sun 26 Sep 2010, 00:52

Video from my second session, Graham on his 675 either in front or behind throughout the session. Still finding my way around and generally turning in far too early, but having fun. Donington Park September 23rd 2010 Revit