www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.
www.firebladeriders.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

brunch run august 5th - Midlands

+11
p900ajr
Dazza
shadow
chilli
AndyRR04
fleurdelyes
BladeBum-Russ
jamiefireblade
Littlemisskneedown
legins
Hondachunk
15 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

brunch run august 5th - Midlands - Page 2 Empty Re: brunch run august 5th - Midlands

Post by Littlemisskneedown Mon 30 Jul 2007, 17:42

police are only a problem if you are not observant, if police on the snake were the only real problem then great, its the shoddy surface that does my head in, c n f use to be nearly as bad but they resurfaced some of it (was it backend last year or early this year, cant recall) and apart from being technical (the type of road I like, straight roads are boring) and the one badly potholed bend on the macc end, it is alot better.
Via gella is nice, like the smell of the wild garlic as you ride through it, some other cracking roads south of the snake, dont know road names/numbers but sure Russ knows the ones I am on about, its been a while since I was on them but the roads round Hathersage etc, and then there is Cheshire, other side of Macc.....
Littlemisskneedown
Littlemisskneedown
Superstock Racer

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2007-07-20

Back to top Go down

brunch run august 5th - Midlands - Page 2 Empty Re: brunch run august 5th - Midlands

Post by Littlemisskneedown Mon 30 Jul 2007, 17:46

legins wrote:We should take the route andy took me and mark on saturday woodhead then holmfirth into glossop whaley bridge then cat SUPERB bounce

yeah the views from that road from Woodhead upto Holmfirth are amazing, Glossop to Whaley bridge (A624) is nice in summer but I used to take that route every Sunday upto Barnsley and over winter its very erm interesting, Long HIll (Whaley Bridge to Buxton), another cracking road. Spoilt for choice up there, so why the Snake?
Littlemisskneedown
Littlemisskneedown
Superstock Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by legins Mon 30 Jul 2007, 17:58

Russ knows these roads really well im sure he will have a few surprises for us cheers
legins
legins
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1051
Male Age : 59
My bike(s) : 93 Blade but hunting for an 06 Blade
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsblade Mon 30 Jul 2007, 18:04

russ has got loads of ideas you will all enjoy i hope.
we can miss the cat and the snake out and still have a really good ride wait and see what he has planned but if you dont like the snake say so now cos its his fav lol!
Anonymous
mrsblade

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlemisskneedown Mon 30 Jul 2007, 18:06

A question aimed at Russ, will there be any other non bladeriders apart from myself on the ride? I think you know what I am asking?
Littlemisskneedown
Littlemisskneedown
Superstock Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsblade Mon 30 Jul 2007, 18:07

i dont think so we have ask a few but bsb is on so they wont be coming
Anonymous
mrsblade

Back to top Go down

Post by shadow Mon 30 Jul 2007, 18:07

Yes im going to use my r6 he he he
shadow
shadow
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 3003
Male Age : 44
My bike(s) : 06 R1

Back to top Go down

Post by jamiefireblade Mon 30 Jul 2007, 18:25

and russ may be using a beemer rofl
jamiefireblade
jamiefireblade
Superstock Racer

Number of posts : 245
Male Age : 53
My bike(s) : cbr929rry/gsx400t

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyRR04 Mon 30 Jul 2007, 19:20

Littlemisskneedown wrote:
mark 11 wrote:Why's that then

I dont like the snake pass for several reasons, the gixer is pretty much a very focused sportbike with hard suspension, the snake is like riding on tarmac laid over boulders, coupled with the fact that the surface is breaking up badly, makes it a very unpleasant experience, add the tin snails, the fact that the snake and woodhead are the 2 major east to west routes means its busy during the week, and worse on a weekend. To me the snake is just a wider and longer highwayman, great for a supermoto. Its nearly as bad as strines in places

I think we need to be careful about using debate or constructive criticism, after all we dont want another thread to be locked do we? frustrated
AndyRR04
AndyRR04
CBT Novice

Number of posts : 47
Male Age : 55
My bike(s) : Ready for next one......
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by jamiefireblade Mon 30 Jul 2007, 19:25

eh not with ya sunny
jamiefireblade
jamiefireblade
Superstock Racer

Number of posts : 245
Male Age : 53
My bike(s) : cbr929rry/gsx400t

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlemisskneedown Mon 30 Jul 2007, 20:59

no neither am I, was just answering a question?
Littlemisskneedown
Littlemisskneedown
Superstock Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by missblad Mon 30 Jul 2007, 21:05

I don't care where I go as long as you wait for me at the other end rofl
Anonymous
missblad

Back to top Go down

Post by Hondachunk Mon 30 Jul 2007, 23:08

Hondachick and mesen should be there on the 4th and depending on whether Taylor goes out on Sunday we should be able to make some part of the rideout, that is unless you all bugger off before we get there like usual pullhaur2 pullhaur2
Hondachunk
Hondachunk
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1032
Male Age : 112
My bike(s) : Triumph Speed Triple

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsblade Mon 30 Jul 2007, 23:26

dont worry mate i will make sure they wait cheers
it will be nice to meet up with you and chick at last
Anonymous
mrsblade

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jul 2007, 00:04

Took my name off the list as the ride is on a Sunday & i work on Sundays.
Nevermind make the next one a Saturday & i might get there. Twisted Evil
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jul 2007, 12:10

Not up that lane that goes about a 1000 foot high as i dont like hights and it made my body go limp ... affraid
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsblade Tue 31 Jul 2007, 12:13

dont know yet dude you will have to talk to russ. but i did mention that really nice road upto froggert and through chatsworth that a possibility we shall see its all hush hush at the mo lol!
Anonymous
mrsblade

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza Tue 31 Jul 2007, 18:18

Stick us down for sunday please jumping

Cheers
Dazza Smile
Dazza
Dazza
BSB Racer

Number of posts : 310
Male Age : 48
My bike(s) : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Hondachunk Tue 31 Jul 2007, 22:19

Just checked the weather and guess what RAIN on Sunday afternoon pullhaur2 :021:
Hondachunk
Hondachunk
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1032
Male Age : 112
My bike(s) : Triumph Speed Triple

Back to top Go down

Post by missblad Tue 31 Jul 2007, 22:26

Hondachunk wrote:Just checked the weather and guess what RAIN on Sunday afternoon pullhaur2 :021:

...so - will wash the bikes then rofl
Anonymous
missblad

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlemisskneedown Wed 01 Aug 2007, 11:41

got a bullet cam for sunday so get yer make up on missbladerider lol
Littlemisskneedown
Littlemisskneedown
Superstock Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by missblad Wed 01 Aug 2007, 21:27

Littlemisskneedown wrote:got a bullet cam for sunday so get yer make up on missbladerider lol

Bloody hell if I have to take me make up bag then won't be out till the afternoon - takes ages for the cement to set rofl
Anonymous
missblad

Back to top Go down

Post by p900ajr Wed 01 Aug 2007, 22:06

Littlemisskneedown wrote:police are only a problem if you are not observant, if police on the snake were the only real problem then great, its the shoddy surface that does my head in, c n f use to be nearly as bad but they resurfaced some of it (was it backend last year or early this year, cant recall) and apart from being technical (the type of road I like, straight roads are boring) and the one badly potholed bend on the macc end, it is alot better.
Via gella is nice, like the smell of the wild garlic as you ride through it, some other cracking roads south of the snake, dont know road names/numbers but sure Russ knows the ones I am on about, its been a while since I was on them but the roads round Hathersage etc, and then there is Cheshire, other side of Macc.....

The Snake pass was resurfaced recently, it was closed during the week according to the traffic news. So it should be better now. thumbup
p900ajr
p900ajr
BSB Racer

Number of posts : 353
Male Age : 65
My bike(s) : RRV x2 and RR7

Back to top Go down

Post by legins Thu 02 Aug 2007, 17:06

I drive delivering around glossop and the snake has been resurfaced very smooth road now jumping scooter
legins
legins
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyRR04 Thu 02 Aug 2007, 20:17

I went over the snake this evening and the 2 mile section on the Sheffield side of the Snake Pass Inn that was the worst has all been done now.

It is still far from my favourite stretch of road to be fair but it is a 200% improvement.
AndyRR04
AndyRR04
CBT Novice

Number of posts : 47
My bike(s) : Ready for next one......
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza Thu 02 Aug 2007, 20:31

They have also redone the a515 upto Buxton, although i didnt think it was in that bad condition anyways.

Im also not keen on the snake, but if thats the way we go then thats the way we go! :geek:
Dazza
Dazza
BSB Racer

Number of posts : 310
Male Age : 48
My bike(s) : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatso Thu 02 Aug 2007, 21:18

I dont give a flyin poo where we go,cause the roads are fab up there lol!!!!
Gatso
Gatso
BSB Racer

Number of posts : 315
My bike(s) : CBR1000RR 04

Back to top Go down

Post by legins Fri 03 Aug 2007, 22:22

HERE HERE jumping jumping
legins
legins
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by missblad Sat 04 Aug 2007, 10:19

legins wrote:HERE HERE jumping jumping

... get the impression your excited Nigel rofl

Well - I have packed me toothbrush and got me fuel tokens so as soon as the clock stricks 5pm I am out of the door and Barney and I will making our way to Derby - see yas all a bit later dance
Anonymous
missblad

Back to top Go down

Post by legins Sat 04 Aug 2007, 10:35

No not excited just glad to break up the same effin routine and get out for a good blast cheers cheers
legins
legins
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next