www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.
www.firebladeriders.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feedback wanted on tour company idea for the Pyrenees

4 posters

Go down

Feedback wanted on tour company idea for the Pyrenees Empty Feedback wanted on tour company idea for the Pyrenees

Post by AlBlade Sat 15 Oct 2011, 23:01

Hello All,

Good friends and myself have been visiting the Pyrenees each September for a weeks bike trip - over the years the route there / back is pretty well sorted and over a beer (or 3) the idea of trying to run a week in June / July for paying customers has been suggested.

Really after some info / feedback from folk about the following:

1. Would you be happy for 'shared' ski apartment with semi self cater basis to save money, or prefer B&B / hotel at higher cost?

2. Would you expect detailed guided rides each day?

3. On ride outs, how far (in both hours and miles) would you be happy to do each day?

4. Would riding from Mid channel ports to Andorra in a day (nearly 600 miles) be too much (if you had all day for it)

5. What has put you off an organised trip in the past.

6. If you were offered trip at 'costs only' plus an 'organisers / knowledge fee' how much would you be willing to pay for that if it included 6 days of guided rideouts plus route there and back?

Its just an idea to maybe try a trip with paying punters - but lots to look into re insurance, etc. etc.
AlBlade
AlBlade
CBT Novice

Number of posts : 69
Male Age : 53
My bike(s) : CBR1000rr R8, GSXR750 K5
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

Feedback wanted on tour company idea for the Pyrenees Empty Re: Feedback wanted on tour company idea for the Pyrenees

Post by JT Sun 16 Oct 2011, 19:23

Now then Al

Prefer to organise my own trips but good luck Mate if you go for it thumbup
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1589
Male Age : 59
My bike(s) : 01 Yamaha XJR1300SP
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Back to top Go down

Feedback wanted on tour company idea for the Pyrenees Empty Re: Feedback wanted on tour company idea for the Pyrenees

Post by wes Sun 16 Oct 2011, 20:32

Hi alblade, just to help you out heres my opinion, based on your questions, ive had no experience with guided tours, but i can see the appeal.
1. b+b for me, you know you can get a decent meal start to the day.
2. rides most days with an option of a day off for sightseeing.
3. 6-7 hrs is enough for me, concentration starts to drop off a little if riding too long.
4. probably better stopping half way, ive done 600 in a day, and was too tired when i got there to do anything but sleep.
5. not been put off, just isnt something ive time for at present, maybe a long weekend break would suit me better, personally speaking.
6. i suppose if you are running it as a business you have to cover your costs, after that its down to what you think would be an acceptable fee.
hope this helps, wes.
wes
wes
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 2089
Male Age : 55
My bike(s) : 98 rrw 954 track bike
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by AlBlade Sun 16 Oct 2011, 21:23

Thanks for info. so far - like most drunked ideas, chance of anything happening is anyones guess.

Risk is somebody (punter) crashes and blames / sues you for their inabilty to read a road / junction or get out of their depth - as a group our speeds are not exactly 'sedate' which would be much of the problem...
AlBlade
AlBlade
CBT Novice

Number of posts : 69
Male Age : 53
My bike(s) : CBR1000rr R8, GSXR750 K5
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by largeviking Mon 17 Oct 2011, 09:14

B&B, some days guided, others not. Probably a tank in the morning and another in the afternoon. 600 mile sin one day not my idea of a relaxing holiday. Organised trips can only go as fast as the slowest, which can get a bit tedious. Not done an organised trip for 6 days, so no idea of price. Usually budget on 100 euros per day, 2 tankfuls and lunch is going to be 70-80 euros.
largeviking
CBT Novice

Number of posts : 76
Male Age : 56
My bike(s) : RR6, BMW F650, BSA A65 Rocket.
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down