www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.
www.firebladeriders.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another new project!

+9
1992fireblade
danidge
Fringe
radiobloke
fastbikefinder
stuart
wild bill
shadow
griz
13 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Another new project! - Page 3 Empty Re: Another new project!

Post by griz Fri 05 Mar 2010, 13:55

scotty80 wrote:lookin good mate

Cheers bud!
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1928
Male Age : 54
My bike(s) : 93 Blade Streetfighter & a 96 Engineless Blade, soon to become 1 & a 95 GPZ1100 Grand tourer which is looking for a new home! lol
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by scotty80 Fri 05 Mar 2010, 18:56

is it done yet Laughing rofl rofl rofl
scotty80
scotty80
Website/Forum Owner
Website/Forum Owner

Number of posts : 846
Male Age : 43
My bike(s) : 97 rrv
Registration date : 2009-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Fri 05 Mar 2010, 19:31

scotty80 wrote:is it done yet Laughing rofl rofl rofl

Um....... NO! tongue rofl

I need one of them microwave bike building thingies, you know, instead of it taking months you just pop it in & it's ready to go in 5 mins!! rofl rofl rofl

I'm gonna have to put my energies into finishing the kawasaki first before I can plough some more money into the gixer pullhaur2
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

My bike(s) : 93 Blade Streetfighter & a 96 Engineless Blade, soon to become 1 & a 95 GPZ1100 Grand tourer which is looking for a new home! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Wed 10 Mar 2010, 20:52

Ok thought I better get out & get to work on the ZX7R again as I want to finish it, get a MOT on it & sale it to help fund finishing the gixer.

Here's how it looked when I first bought it:-
Another new project! - Page 3 Zx7r4-1

I really wasn't happy with the basic old headlight & indicators that were fitted, so I thought I'd give it something that bit more modern looking eyebrow

Here's the new headlight:-
Another new project! - Page 3 Frontheadlight

I set about wiring the new headlight & clocks on today, I fixed it all up to find that the headlight doesn't have a sidelight fitted, just 2 main beam, 2 high beam & a pair of built in indicators. I found a old sidelight kickin around the garage off of a old blade so I cut it down, drilled a hole in the headlight skin & fixed it, so now I have a nice little sidelight in there too! sunny

Here it is:-
Another new project! - Page 3 Sidelightfittedcloseup
Another new project! - Page 3 Sidelightfitted

Next I've got to finish making a adjustable bracket so I can adjust the headlight properly & finish wiring in the clocks too.

Looks a bit of a mess don't it!
Another new project! - Page 3 Headlightclockwiring

If I was going to keep it, I would fit some nicer bars & some nice little mini res for the brake & clutch but I must resist the tempation to plough more money into this bike.
Another new project! - Page 3 Clocks

So far I've fitted new plugs & a BMC filter, I shall give it a oil change & new oil filter & fit some new rear brake pads I bought for it & will probably strip down & rebuild both front & rear calipers to make sure there working properly, plus I need to give the chain a bit of a clean & lube. The paintwork isn't 100% so I think I'll sort that out & give it a good clean up & it should then be ready for it's MOT.

Hopefully I'll have enough energy to get out & do some more work tomorrow & I'll try update with some more pics thumbup
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Mar 2010, 22:18

Keep the posts comin mate, look forward to your build threads!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Wed 10 Mar 2010, 22:29

megawatt wrote:Keep the posts comin mate, look forward to your build threads!

Cheers bud! cheers

I shall do my best to get back out there, it's been so bleedin cold in me garage & my heater is broke! cold & to top it off I've some how managed to damage my good arm, just woke up yesterday & could hardly move it! weird
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Mar 2010, 22:52

You weren't lying on it during the night were you? So you could have a tankerman's w*%k ?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Wed 10 Mar 2010, 23:09

megawatt wrote:you could have a tankerman's w*%k ?

Laughing What the feck is that??
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by wild bill Wed 10 Mar 2010, 23:25

griz wrote:

That's a new one on me... What's a tankerman?

On a lighter note, seems to be coming along nicely Griz.
I know what you mean about the cold, it really gets to me too but tonight i had a bit of an inspiration...
I put all my work clothes on inc a thick jumper and woolly hat and sat indoors till i was so hot that i couldn't take it no more, then i got up and went down the shed, managed about hour and half before i got cold! Another new project! - Page 3 882119
wild bill
wild bill
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1614
Male Age : 57
My bike(s) : CBR1000RR5 CB1000 BMWF650 TY250
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Thu 11 Mar 2010, 09:37

Stick a hot water bottle in amongst all those clothes, you'll maybe get an hour and a half Laughing

Add some schnaps, probably longer but I can't be responsible with how the bike turns out Laughing
Kaiser
Kaiser
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 4491
Male Age : 42
My bike(s) : HM Plant RR10, RR8 Race bike, HM Plant RR7 and a nice rotavated garden!
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Thu 11 Mar 2010, 12:18

wild bill wrote:
griz wrote:

That's a new one on me... What's a tankerman?

On a lighter note, seems to be coming along nicely Griz.
I know what you mean about the cold, it really gets to me too but tonight i had a bit of an inspiration...
I put all my work clothes on inc a thick jumper and woolly hat and sat indoors till i was so hot that i couldn't take it no more, then i got up and went down the shed, managed about hour and half before i got cold! Another new project! - Page 3 882119

Cheers WB! Thats a good idea, I'll give it a go! thumbup

Kaiser wrote:Stick a hot water bottle in amongst all those clothes, you'll maybe get an hour and a half Laughing

Add some schnaps, probably longer but I can't be responsible with how the bike turns out Laughing

God I'm gonna look like a telly tubby with a hot water bottle under me jacket! Laughing

God knows how the bike will turn out if I drink whilst workin on it! rofl drinking scratch Suspect screwy Another new project! - Page 3 213877 Another new project! - Page 3 521130 rofl
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Thu 11 Mar 2010, 20:10

No pics but I've now got the clocks & headlight all wired up & it's all working good apart from the indicators are flashing to quick, I think I need to fit a resistor inline to slow them down a bit so that needs sorting next, strange as there not LED indicators scratch Also got to clean up the loom & fix the headlight up properly on the bike.
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Mar 2010, 22:42

A tankermans is when the guy that works on a tanker get's lonely,he lies on his hand until it goes numb. Then when he has a w*%k, it feels like someone else is doin it for him!!!! As told to me by an ex submariner!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Thu 11 Mar 2010, 22:46

megawatt wrote:As told to me by an ex submariner!

rofl Whatever!!! rofl
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by cabbie Thu 11 Mar 2010, 23:30

Watching with interest.
cabbie
cabbie
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 2139
Male Age : 61
My bike(s) : fireblade
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by wild bill Thu 11 Mar 2010, 23:59

griz wrote:

rofl Whatever!!! rofl
Laughing You explained that like it was second nature Mega Laughing

I had the fast flashing indicator problem on my old RRW after i fitted some mini carbon indicators, they wasn't LED's either, still sailed through the MOT though. I'm fitting LED's on the front and rear of my RR5 so i'm bound to encounter the very same problem in a week or two ohmygod
wild bill
wild bill
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbikefinder Fri 12 Mar 2010, 00:40

griz wrote:............... strange as there not LED indicators scratch

A lot of the mini indicators on the market are 2.5 or 5w bulbs with rediculously gauged wiring. Source some 10w bulbs the same size and all should be well.
fastbikefinder
fastbikefinder
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 4582
Male Age : 46
My bike(s) : Trek VX with suspenders & Specialized Hemi
Registration date : 2007-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Fri 12 Mar 2010, 12:57

cabbie wrote:Watching with interest.

Cheers mate! How are you getting on, have you managed to get yourself sorted with a new workshop yet?

wild bill wrote:
griz wrote:

rofl Whatever!!! rofl
Laughing You explained that like it was second nature Mega Laughing

I had the fast flashing indicator problem on my old RRW after i fitted some mini carbon indicators, they wasn't LED's either, still sailed through the MOT though. I'm fitting LED's on the front and rear of my RR5 so i'm bound to encounter the very same problem in a week or two ohmygod

WB that was my thoughts exactly re MW! Laughing

I've fitted LED indicators before & used these & they sorted it no problem! You can also use the big chunky resistors but they can get very hot & melt your plastics! affraid

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10W-resistors-to-use-with-LED-signals-indicators_W0QQitemZ370234004693QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Motorcycle_Parts?hash=item5633aa94d5

I think the flash rate is a MOT requirement but I guess it's down to who's doing the test for you too rite eyebrow

fastbikefinder wrote:
griz wrote:............... strange as there not LED indicators scratch

A lot of the mini indicators on the market are 2.5 or 5w bulbs with rediculously gauged wiring. Source some 10w bulbs the same size and all should be well.

Cheers mate, I think I've got a couple of resistors, so I'll use them if I can find um but on from that I'll try some 10w bulbs thumbup
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Fri 12 Mar 2010, 19:39

Had a bit of a result today!

At long last Blacksbikes shop sent me the parts they promised me over 3 months ago after one very long draw out dispute over them owing me money that I put down on a bike, they wrongly advertised the bike, took a load of cash off me & then refused to give it me back, come the end I got it all back bar £250 I got so peed off with arguing with them that I agreed to have a load of parts off them to the value of, it's not all of the parts I asked for but it'll have to do!

So now I have some more things I needed to get the gixer finished thank god, as I need all the help I can get right now!

I got a lower frame air deflector (can't use it with the frame brace fitted though!!)
Another new project! - Page 3 Airguide

A pair of air intake tubes
Another new project! - Page 3 Airintaketubes

One heal guard even though I asked for 2! Laughing
Another new project! - Page 3 Healguard

A seat! hyper
Another new project! - Page 3 Seat

a air sensor (although I don't need it now as a friend gave me one for free!)
Another new project! - Page 3 Sensor

A steering damper woot
Another new project! - Page 3 Steeringdamper

3 tank rubbers but I think there's only 1 that's the right one but that fine as I only needed one.
Another new project! - Page 3 Tankrubbers

& a very good condition airbox (looks like new!) with a nice clean air filter in it, result!! happyahh
Another new project! - Page 3 Airbox

I Need a list of other little bits to get the bike fully sorted but once I've sold the zx7r I'll get them & have the gixer finished! nanadance
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbikefinder Fri 12 Mar 2010, 20:54

Result Griz, so what's happening with the ecu?

Btw....contrary to Suzuki guidelines, those steering dampers are serviceable, remove the grub grommet, then you can remove and replace the oil with a syringe.
fastbikefinder
fastbikefinder
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by wild bill Fri 12 Mar 2010, 21:14

excellent link griz, saved to my watched items for when the inevitable happens... Cheers thumbup
wild bill
wild bill
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Fri 12 Mar 2010, 22:43

fastbikefinder wrote:Result Griz, so what's happening with the ecu?

Btw....contrary to Suzuki guidelines, those steering dampers are serviceable, remove the grub grommet, then you can remove and replace the oil with a syringe.

Yeah not to bad hey! Well I can't afford the £200 odd it will cost to get the UK ecu matched to a blank key so I'm gonna have to go with the US ecu & loom I got here. I'm just waiting for my bro in the US to pull his finger out & post me the US ignition & new forks I bought for the gixer! pullhaur2

Thats worth while knowing mate, I didn't know you could service um, I'll have to consider that when I fit tit to the bike! thumbup

wild bill wrote:
excellent link griz, saved to my watched items for when the inevitable happens... Cheers thumbup

Your welcome mate thumbup
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Mon 15 Mar 2010, 18:09

Well what a lovely day it was today! The sun was shining & it actually felt quite warm sunny So I thought I better muster up the energy to get some more work done on the ZX.

I've now finished the wiring for the clocks & headlight & added a bottom bracket to adjust the headlight aim. It's looking much better now but once I finished I thought the headlight is sitting a bit to high but I'm not going over the top on this bike & just want to get it all sorted, moted & sold!

Here's some pics
Another new project! - Page 3 7rfront
Another new project! - Page 3 Lightson
Another new project! - Page 3 Clocksworking
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbikefinder Mon 15 Mar 2010, 23:44

griz wrote:
Another new project! - Page 3 7rfront

Griz, love that one-off bike stand the gixxer is on, looks real carbon neutral, is it bio degradeable to?

Where'd you get it from mate? .
fastbikefinder
fastbikefinder
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Tue 16 Mar 2010, 10:46

rofl I'm forever thinking of my carbon foot print mate! Laughing

What you can't see is the block of wood the swingarm is resting agianst & holding the bike upright, it's bearly touchin that cardboard!! tongue
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Sun 21 Mar 2010, 22:03

Did a little more work on the 7R, now got it running sweet after some problems with a kink in the fuel line & also cut down the front mudguard as it looked way to big before, the paintwork was in a bad way too & I've not been able to find a good match for the blue so rather than touch it up with a bad match I cut it down to size & lost the damage! woot rofl

Still got a fair few little jobs to do but I'm getting there!

I'm not 100% sure about the shape yet, I'm gonna fit it tomorrow & double check.

Before
Another new project! - Page 3 Mudgaurdcutdown

& after (sorry pics are a bit rubbish as taken on me phone!)
Another new project! - Page 3 Mudgaurdcutdown2
Another new project! - Page 3 Mudgaurdcutdown4
Another new project! - Page 3 Mudgaurdcutdown5
Another new project! - Page 3 Mudgaurdcutdown3
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by wild bill Sun 21 Mar 2010, 23:23

griz wrote:I cut it down to size & lost the damage! woot rofl
rofl Brilliant quote griz rofl
Does look much better though mate, i done the same on a old GS500 i bought years ago, i found it easier to get it looking symmetrical while it was on the bike with a angle grinder, it actually looked really good once it was done, shame the rest of the bike was total shyite Laughing
wild bill
wild bill
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Sun 21 Mar 2010, 23:51

wild bill wrote:
griz wrote:I cut it down to size & lost the damage! woot rofl
rofl Brilliant quote griz rofl
Does look much better though mate, i done the same on a old GS500 i bought years ago, i found it easier to get it looking symmetrical while it was on the bike with a angle grinder, it actually looked really good once it was done, shame the rest of the bike was total shyite Laughing

Laughing I have a strange way with words at the best of times! Laughing

Yeah it does look better, loads lighter too! Laughing I'll get it fixed up on the bike tomorrow & check it out, things always look different when fitted.
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Fri 26 Mar 2010, 20:20

I got my bro out in the US to buy these for me months & months ago but I didn't have enough for the postage, I tried the Megawatt way but no one would help me out rofl rofl so I had to sell some other bits to raise enough to get them shipped & they just arrived today!

A pair of K5-K6 gsxr1000 forks in amazing condition, as I recall they covered about 500 miles before they were replaced with some lovely new ohlins forks & a US ignition to match up with the US loom & ECU I bought a while ago, so at long last I will be able to get the gixer started.

I'm gonna drop the forks out that are on the gixer & see exactly what condition there in as from what I can see there a bit marked up, I'll probably replace them with the nice one's & sell off the marked up ones.

Here's the forks:-
Another new project! - Page 3 IMG_3263

The key looks a bit gruby so I'll get another cut me thinks!
Another new project! - Page 3 IMG_3261
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Mar 2010, 21:24

You're obviously not as popular as me mate and people don't rush to help you out or take the piss. They look too nice to sell on?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next