www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.
www.firebladeriders.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another new project!

+9
1992fireblade
danidge
Fringe
radiobloke
fastbikefinder
stuart
wild bill
shadow
griz
13 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Another new project! - Page 2 Empty Re: Another new project!

Post by griz Fri 04 Dec 2009, 12:23

megawatt wrote:Good man Griz, nice talkin to ya yesterday!

Cheers mate! Yep it was cool to put a voice to the name! Another new project! - Page 2 964788

Now get crackin on makin some nice trick parts! Another new project! - Page 2 950996
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1928
Male Age : 54
My bike(s) : 93 Blade Streetfighter & a 96 Engineless Blade, soon to become 1 & a 95 GPZ1100 Grand tourer which is looking for a new home! lol
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by shadow Fri 04 Dec 2009, 12:50

Whats the word on this bike then Griz ?
shadow
shadow
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 3003
Male Age : 44
My bike(s) : 06 R1
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Fri 04 Dec 2009, 18:36

shadow wrote:Whats the word on this bike then Griz ?

I'm picking up the 92 blade & gsxr tomorrow! Another new project! - Page 2 18990

9 1/2 hrs driving in total + add wee & food/drink stops & I'm probably looking at a good 11hrs out on the road, I've got a bleedin great big luton van with a nice tail lift on the back so that should be fun Another new project! - Page 2 950996 I did have a long wheelbase transit booked at my local van hire company but when they heard what I was doing they kindly gave me the luton van for the same price! Another new project! - Page 2 890314 It's bleedin massive though & taking up half the road outside our house! Another new project! - Page 2 950996

The mrs will be comin with me as a stand in driver if I get to tired, I hope I don't get to tired as she had a job driving the people carrier we hired a couple of weeks ago! Another new project! - Page 2 Affraid Another new project! - Page 2 396226 Another new project! - Page 2 396226 Another new project! - Page 2 396226
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

My bike(s) : 93 Blade Streetfighter & a 96 Engineless Blade, soon to become 1 & a 95 GPZ1100 Grand tourer which is looking for a new home! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by danidge Fri 04 Dec 2009, 18:52

Thanks mate, I've had a srad gsxr750 & a gsxr1100 wp & really enjoyed them both but I still went back to the blades (can't beat um!) this one will be more of a project bike than a keeper but who knows if I manage to do a nice job on it then it may be a keeper! But I doubt I'll be happy until I manage to get my hands on a 08 onwards blade though! Another new project! - Page 2 950996[/quote]

I would love to get as involved with projects as you guys do, i just have no space as bikes wont fit down my passage. I dont think i have the experiance to do a "big bike" project, especially all of the custom things you and cabbie get up to Razz one day ! Wink
danidge
danidge
MotoGP Rider

Number of posts : 913
Male Age : 34
My bike(s) : cbr900rr urban tiger - sold now have an awesome RR4
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Dec 2009, 19:24

Think about startin small and cheap mate. Plenty of cheap part finished projects out there. And eBay prices have never been cheaper!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by shadow Fri 04 Dec 2009, 19:33

Yep doesn't have to be a twin turbo busa fighter, but if you happen to make one, id have a go. Another new project! - Page 2 950996

11hr's of driving Another new project! - Page 2 Affraid
Be worth it though Another new project! - Page 2 Icon_cool
shadow
shadow
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danidge Fri 04 Dec 2009, 19:41

i have been restoring my friends tzr 125 for him, but because he has lack of funds its going very slowly, looking good tho! it was completely stripped and its now standing on paddok stands with the engine in and most of the wiring connected. but the new forks we bought must have been off a different tzr cause the caliper dosent quite fit back on and the rear spindle has been misplaced :S so far most things have been rubbed down and painted due to it looking like crap when he got it.

Ford pepper red for;
frame,
swingarm,
wheels.

And Gunmetal grey;
Fairings,
Tank.

at the moment it does look great and will look even better when all of the bits are back on it. could be a while tho Razz
danidge
danidge
MotoGP Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Dec 2009, 19:47

There ya go then!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by danidge Fri 04 Dec 2009, 19:49

Its not quite the same as the punisher or cabbies quacker tho Razz
danidge
danidge
MotoGP Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Fri 04 Dec 2009, 19:56

danidge wrote: I would love to get as involved with projects as you guys do, i just have no space as bikes wont fit down my passage. I dont think i have the experiance to do a "big bike" project, especially all of the custom things you and cabbie get up to Razz one day ! Wink
Um well, it sounds to me like you need a larger passage!!Another new project! - Page 2 396226 Another new project! - Page 2 396226

Joking aside, I've bought a lot of damaged bike in the past (not to badly though) & put them back to standard (as I couldn't afford to buy the same bike undamaged) nothing terribly testing just putting back on standard plastics etc. The punisher project was my first proper project build. I think if you are able to do a basic service on your bike then you could probably take on a project bike no problem! I've always done my own work on my bikes & cars over the years to save money & also you can never trust some of these garages to do a proper job or not damage your pride & joy!

As for doing custom stuff, I'm self taught, just went out bought whatever is needed & gave it a bash, you'll make a few mistakes along the way but I find it all part of the fun + there is loads of info out on the net such as utube to learn how to do most things Another new project! - Page 2 964788

Buy a clapped out moped & play with it for a bit, can you squeeze a small one up yer passage?? Another new project! - Page 2 4346 Another new project! - Page 2 396226 Another new project! - Page 2 396226 Another new project! - Page 2 396226

megawatt wrote:Think about startin small and cheap mate. Plenty of cheap part finished projects out there. And eBay prices have never been cheaper!!!

I agree it's the best time to buy right now!!
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danidge Sat 05 Dec 2009, 10:28

lol i looked at that when i wrote it and thought nobody will make a joke of that... lol
danidge
danidge
MotoGP Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Sat 05 Dec 2009, 21:32

danidge wrote:lol i looked at that when i wrote it and thought nobody will make a joke of that... lol

You can always rely on me to make a joke of the one thing you thought no one else would!!Another new project! - Page 2 396226 Another new project! - Page 2 396226 Another new project! - Page 2 964788
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Sat 05 Dec 2009, 22:05

Well after one very long day I now have the bikes back home & I just managed to squeeze them all in the garage! Another new project! - Page 2 950996

I'm really chuffed with both the blade & gsxr, I've not had a proper chance to take a real proper go over of the bikes yet but it all looks good to me so far!

It was great meeting Duncan! I do love the original twin headlight blades & to own a 1992 model tops it off for me, so thank you Duncan, I'll take good care of her for you! Another new project! - Page 2 964788

I plan on getting the blade back on the road asap, taxed & moted & not mess to much with it for the mean time & focus my energy on the gsxr. I need to finish & sale the zx7r before I have the funds to start work on the gsxr, so I now need to recover from todays journey & then get the kawi finished!Another new project! - Page 2 759588

Here's a pic of all the bikes squeezed in the garage!
Another new project! - Page 2 IMG_2644
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by 1992fireblade Sat 05 Dec 2009, 22:22

Hi Griz & it was very nice to finally meet the extremely talented creator of The Punisher!
Im glad the Blade has gone to a very good home & i shall be popping on the forum from time to time to keep an eye on its progress.
Im glad you & the bikes all got back in one piece, that must of been one hell of a long day for you today mate.
Take care & above all..... Take it easy!

Cheers
1992fireblade
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1633
My bike(s) : Triumph Bonneville America

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Sun 06 Dec 2009, 16:25

1992fireblade wrote:Hi Griz & it was very nice to finally meet the extremely talented creator of The Punisher!
Im glad the Blade has gone to a very good home & i shall be popping on the forum from time to time to keep an eye on its progress.
Im glad you & the bikes all got back in one piece, that must of been one hell of a long day for you today mate.
Take care & above all..... Take it easy!

Cheers

It was cool meeting you too mate! I dunno about the 'extremely talented' bit, I just do what I can with what I have here! Another new project! - Page 2 950996

Yep she's gone to a good home & I will do my best to look after her.

I think I'm gonna need a good few days rest now as I'm in a right state today & feel like death warmed up right now! Been sleeping all day so far & just managed to sit up & make a reply Another new project! - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danidge Sun 06 Dec 2009, 21:24

danidge
danidge
MotoGP Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Sun 06 Dec 2009, 22:39

danidge wrote:Sounds like you need some power thirst:P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRuNxHqwazs

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-3qncy5Qfk&feature=related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-3qncy5Qfk&feature=related[/quote[/url]]

Another new project! - Page 2 396226 Another new project! - Page 2 396226 Another new project! - Page 2 396226 Great! I want some now!Another new project! - Page 2 852567 Another new project! - Page 2 852567
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danidge Thu 10 Dec 2009, 20:13

lol Wink

MENERGY

that reminds me if you buy morrisons energy drink it comes up on the reciept "M-energy" that made me lol
danidge
danidge
MotoGP Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Thu 10 Dec 2009, 22:46

danidge wrote:lol Wink

MENERGY

that reminds me if you buy morrisons energy drink it comes up on the reciept "M-energy" that made me lol

Another new project! - Page 2 344775 Another new project! - Page 2 344775 Another new project! - Page 2 344775
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Thu 10 Dec 2009, 23:40

Hi all, well I've just about recovered from last weekends antics of collecting the new bikes, I've started up the blade & gave it a good warming up & I must say the engine feels very responsive & strong but that's just on tick over, I just need to sort out the wiring for the new rear end & make the seat secure before I can go MOT it...

I've been messing with the suzuki to see where I am with it right now, the seller told me the battery was brand new but it wouldn't power up as it ran flat... So I tried to get it charged but no joy so I then fixed it up with a newer battery which gave me all the nice lights working on the dash & was turning the engine over but regardless of how good a charge I could get into the battery it wouldn't start.....

I pulled the out fuel line off the tank & no fuel was being pumped out by the fuel pump, I removed the plugs to find they are brand new & then found I wasn't getting a spark on any of the plugs! So then I thought bugger the immobiliser has kicked in & stoping everything from working but the bike still turns over & I'm not getting any flashing key sign on the dash which should indicate the key hasn't been accepted.

I then found the fault codes the system is throwing up such as:-
C13 air intake pressure sensor
C21 air intake temp sensor
C23 tip over sensor (manual says won't allow engine to run)
C29 secondary throttle position sensor
C42 ignition switch (manual says won't allow engine to run)

I fixxed the tip over sensor by taking it off giving it a shake & then putting it back on again, I checked the codes again after & the C29 fault went away. So now although I know the other codes need sorting the C42 code is the one stoping the fuel pump work as it cancels the message to the fuel pump relay & I guess also stops a spark being sent to the spark plugs.

My automatic reaction to all this is that the ECU isn't married to the key as the seller said that the ECU has been replaced & if there not married up then the immobiliser kicks in, I could get the key & ECU married up as I've found a chap on ebay who will do it for £250.

This morning I called Suzuki UK & thought I'd check the VIN plate for some history on the bike as the seller told me he was pretty sure the bike had been on the track since new. Well Suzuki UK could find no record of it & thought it may well be a US import, So then I called Suzuki USA & a very helpful chap told me it's a direct Jap import but couldn't tell me a great deal more as the VIN plate is a ISO VIN plate?? anyhow he said he would do some further investigation on the bikes history & for me to call him back tomorrow.

I'll see what he has to say tomorrow & decide what to do from there, I'm kinda hoping all will be OK but I feel the chances of me being able to register it on the road may be very low....

All that put to one side I don't think I would use that frame due to the damage although the welds do look very good, I would like to be able to sell the frame & hopefully then be able to buy a undamaged UK frame & once I've got the ECU/key problem sorted I can go from there with the project... we'll see!! Another new project! - Page 2 666889
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Fri 11 Dec 2009, 22:32

Got back in contact with Suzuki USA & as it turns out it was imported direct to the UK!! Bleedin odd suzuki UK don't have any record of it, I guess it may be because it was never road registered??? Another new project! - Page 2 169443
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shadow Fri 11 Dec 2009, 22:43

How about giving crescent a ring, they might have a matched ecu for you to use.
Or a race one motec maybe, not sure on price for them.

Either way they have been racing suzuki's for years bound to have some bits lying around. Another new project! - Page 2 964788
shadow
shadow
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Fri 11 Dec 2009, 22:58

shadow wrote:How about giving crescent a ring, they might have a matched ecu for you to use.
Or a race one motec maybe, not sure on price for them.

Either way they have been racing suzuki's for years bound to have some bits lying around. Another new project! - Page 2 964788

Sounds like a idea matey! Another new project! - Page 2 162762

I wonder if I'll be able to use a standard road loom with a race ecu? as I want to put the bike back on the road.

I could buy a ecu & loom from the states as you only have to fit a resistor in the ignition to make any key work + I may sale the loom on my bike as it's been chopped for racing & isn't complete.... Well I wanted a challenge & I guess with this bike I've got one! Another new project! - Page 2 Icon_clown Another new project! - Page 2 396226 Another new project! - Page 2 396226
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shadow Sat 12 Dec 2009, 10:11

Dare i say gixxerjunkies will be a big help in this project.Another new project! - Page 2 568574
Done a trackday with them guys, some real good people.

Plus there will be a few road looms flying about, as some have been converted to race use.
shadow
shadow
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Sat 12 Dec 2009, 11:26

shadow wrote:Dare i say gixxerjunkies will be a big help in this project.Another new project! - Page 2 568574
Done a trackday with them guys, some real good people.

Plus there will be a few road looms flying about, as some have been converted to race use.

Owe gixxerjunkies you say! Do they have a website or number I can contact them on??
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shadow Sat 12 Dec 2009, 12:12

http://www.gixerjunkies.com/forum/index.php

Its another forum, you could put a wanted up, see if any of them have the bits you need. Another new project! - Page 2 977550
shadow
shadow
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Sat 12 Dec 2009, 13:17

shadow wrote:http://www.gixerjunkies.com/forum/index.php

Its another forum, you could put a wanted up, see if any of them have the bits you need. Another new project! - Page 2 977550

Ah I see, cheers mate! Another new project! - Page 2 162762 I shall sign up & see what I can find! Another new project! - Page 2 964788
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Mon 21 Dec 2009, 23:39

OK a few changes going on as I've now sold the latest blade to John (hellrazzer) as I need the cash to get the suzuki on the road, I've mailed Duncan to tell him & I can only hope I've not upset him by moving it on but I just don't have enough cash to do it all right now.... Sorry DuncanAnother new project! - Page 2 769287

So I've been rather busy buying loads of stuff to get the suzuki back on the road, here's a run down of the parts so far :punk

Replacement loom
Another new project! - Page 2 025
Left hand switch gear
Another new project! - Page 2 024
Petrol tank
Another new project! - Page 2 Tank
Smog block off plate
Another new project! - Page 2 Smogblockoffplates
Sidestand
Another new project! - Page 2 Sidestand
Number plate hanger
Another new project! - Page 2 Platehanger
A load of nut's & bolts :lol
Another new project! - Page 2 Nutsbolts
A full new micron serpent system
Another new project! - Page 2 Micronserpentsystem
Another new project! - Page 2 Micronserpentsystem4
Harris exhaust bracket
Another new project! - Page 2 Harrisexhaustbracket
Frame brace
Another new project! - Page 2 Framebrace
US ecm
Another new project! - Page 2 Ecu
Left clutch lever
Another new project! - Page 2 Clutchlever
Carbon yoke cover
Another new project! - Page 2 Carbonyokecover
Carbon side panel covers
Another new project! - Page 2 Carbonsidecovers
Carbon clock cover
Another new project! - Page 2 Carbonclock

Still a few more bits to buy but I should get there soon!
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Fri 05 Mar 2010, 00:36

Ok long time no update me thinks so I thought I'd post up my progress, or lack of it! Laughing

Things have been rather tough on the money front as late so I sold off the nice new exhaust system I bought for it to get some cash going so I could make some progress!

I won a nice complete matched ecu & lockset on ebay for a really good price, such a good price infact that the seller refused to sell it to me! Laughing so I invested in some track fairings instead & quickly offered it up on the bike today, it needs a small amount of triming for it to sit properly on the bike but it's looking a little more like a bike now! Laughing

I still need a fair few bits to get it sorted, such as a seat, front mudguard, some ram air tubes, a chain & a spot of paint! I also need to replace the front wheel as a part of the rim cracked off when it had it's spill! No

Here she is now:-
Another new project! - Page 2 IMG_3236
Another new project! - Page 2 IMG_3231
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by scotty80 Fri 05 Mar 2010, 07:39

lookin good mate
scotty80
scotty80
Website/Forum Owner
Website/Forum Owner

Number of posts : 846
Male Age : 43
My bike(s) : 97 rrv
Registration date : 2009-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next