www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.
www.firebladeriders.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May

5 posters

Go down

N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May Empty N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May

Post by JT Sat 22 Jan 2011, 07:18

Now then

2nd Bank Holiday w.end in May, Sat 28th - Mon 30th

I'm doing my ride out in N.Yorks again, setting off from Carlton Miniott, just west of Thirsk on the Sunday. That'll give the Sat for people to ride here, Sunday ride out and pub on the night, and then the Monday to get home. Come and enjoy the beatiful scenery and stunning roads. Guaranteed No fixed speed camera's, a minimum of 30 or 40 mph speed limits, no traffic jams and maximum enjoyment.

Everyone welcome , plenty of B&B's nearby and I can sort out telephone numbers for those interested. Camp sites are few and far between near by.

Last years write up here :-

https://firebladeriders.forumotion.com/t6322-n-yorks-ride-out-sun-2nd-may?highlight=N+Yorks+ride+out

Cheers thumbup

JT

JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1589
Male Age : 59
My bike(s) : 01 Yamaha XJR1300SP
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Back to top Go down

N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May Empty Re: N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May

Post by Kaiser Mon 24 Jan 2011, 09:58

Nice one JT - where do you guys stay over ?
Kaiser
Kaiser
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 4491
Male Age : 42
My bike(s) : HM Plant RR10, RR8 Race bike, HM Plant RR7 and a nice rotavated garden!
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Mon 24 Jan 2011, 10:11

Well, I stay at home, 5 mins walk from the pub and we usually have 6 staying with us Laughing but the Vale of York pub where we set off from and spend the Sunday night, has a few chalets in the car park and there are B&B's nearby thumbup

If you're considering coming it would be great to see you and you'd be more than welcome. Hope to meet up before May though this year, seen as we're in the North punk
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Tue 25 Jan 2011, 16:09

I'll def have a look and see if I'm free mate. It's not a million miles away from me thumbup
Kaiser
Kaiser
MotoGP Legend

My bike(s) : HM Plant RR10, RR8 Race bike, HM Plant RR7 and a nice rotavated garden!

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart Tue 25 Jan 2011, 16:55

If I'm free on the day I'll have a ride down, Thirsk only about 65 miles from me
stuart
stuart
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 2823
Male Age : 67
My bike(s) : Tiger 800
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Tue 25 Jan 2011, 16:56

Kaiser & Stuart> Spot on drinking

What about meeting up as soon as the weather improves on a Saturday or Sunday, around Otterburn maybe and grabbing a coffee and having a ride about ?
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Wed 26 Jan 2011, 12:08

Should be up for that JT cheers
Kaiser
Kaiser
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart Wed 26 Jan 2011, 14:35

Yep, I could go for that.
stuart
stuart
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Wed 04 May 2011, 07:25

Bump
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Sun 15 May 2011, 18:09

Now then

Anyone up for this ?

Would be good to have an idea of numbers N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May 964788
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chilli Sun 15 May 2011, 20:41

Thats my Birthday weekend JT and i intend to be a 1st time slaughtered at 53...so, sorry, i wont be in any fit state to ride a bike Smile
chilli
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3876
Male Age : 65
My bike(s) : yep!
Registration date : 2007-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Sun 15 May 2011, 21:04

Now then chilli

All the best for your b'day w.end Mate, hope it's a goodun N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May 964788
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwiboy Mon 16 May 2011, 21:22

Negations are still in progress with the other half on this one JT eyebrow

Haven't ridden up that way for 5 years or so and they are some of the best roads about.

Actually if it gives me a chance to come and and have a few beers with you and Kaiser then it sounds like a reasonable enough excuse to me
Kiwiboy
Kiwiboy
WSB Racer

Number of posts : 662
Male Age : 53
My bike(s) : 85 VF1000R 93 Daytona 1000 and 91 CB750 Project cafe racer
Registration date : 2010-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Tue 17 May 2011, 12:07

I'm at Cadwell this weekend so not sure if I have sufficient brownie points to leave my other half with teh gummy bear but I shall try ...................................was difficult enough to get to Cadwell this weekend Laughing
Kaiser
Kaiser
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart Wed 18 May 2011, 17:51

should still be okay for the sunday run
stuart
stuart
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Wed 18 May 2011, 21:32

Now then

Hope you can sort it Steve

No prob's Kaiser, next time

Spot on Stuart

N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May 48439
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwiboy Thu 19 May 2011, 13:11

Oh dear, I think i might have scared him off JT Laughing
Kiwiboy
Kiwiboy
WSB Racer

Number of posts : 662
Male Age : 53
My bike(s) : 85 VF1000R 93 Daytona 1000 and 91 CB750 Project cafe racer
Registration date : 2010-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Thu 19 May 2011, 13:17

Your fault for mentioning him in your post Laughing
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Tue 31 May 2011, 22:25

Now then

Friday 28th May
Bob & Sara had a decent journey up the A1, stopping at Blyth services for a break before arriving at our’s at 18:45. We treat ourselves to fish and chip’s for tea, no argument from any corner Very Happy and we were all in bed for about 22:30.

Saturday 29th May
Bob was out on me Blade when Ste and De arrived around midday, in the car, with the Trumpet on the trailer :dontknow: Trotters has a lot to answer for :wickedgrin: . Bob came up the drive on the Blade and promptly went straight back out on Ste’s Street Triple, he was having a ball :eusadance: . Lesley and Sara came back from town and we had some soup and sarnies for lunch. Lesley, Sara, Bob and De went shopping into town and Wee Al arrived around 15:30. He’d set off in rain in Scotland and it got heavier at one point but then cleared as he neared Thirsk and his journey ended in bright sunshine Cool . The girls and Bob came back and we sat out side ‘chewing the fat’. Freddy and Marilyn arrived next. They came straight to our’s and joined in the chatting before going to the Vale to book in and get showered and changed. Nick and Jane had gone straight to their B&B and then they and Fred and Marilyn came back to our’s for a Chinese banquet and a few beers.
Once we’d finished eating, Jane and Marilyn joined us lad’s in going to the pub to watch the footy. The rest of the girl’s stopped in for a footy free girlies night. There was a good crowd watching the match in the Old Red House, all supporting Man Utd but obviously all ended up disappointed having been beaten by a far better side. We headed home after the game and popped into the Vale for a drink, just to be sociable and ended up being the last out of the pub lol. Jane and Marilyn had been ‘supping for England’ and were, let’s say, very merry ;-)

Sunday 30th May
Unfortunately Kiwiboy couldn't make it for the w.end and the weather made Stuart turn back to home, before he got to us, so Wee Al was the only FBR representative again N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May 939159

We rode up to the Vale pub and Martin was already there. He'd had a bit of a wet ride over but was in good spirit's. Nick and Jane were the last to arrive, Jane feeling a bit worse for wear N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May 937854 and we were heading west on the A61 by 09:45

N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May SAM_0545

N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May SAM_0543

N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May SAM_0541

N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May SAM_0540

We set off in what's best described as 'drizzle'. Turned off the A61 at Skipton On Swale and followed the B6267 under the A1 and on through Masham, past the Black Sheep brewery then out on the B6108, a fantastic, classic, Dales road with a bit of everything. It wind's it's way through the villages of Jervaulx, East Witton and the horse training capital of the Dales, Middleham, before running up into Leyburn. Heading North out of Leyburn market place we mad our way to Bellerby and the new Manor Cafe for bikers and our first stop.

N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May SAM_0550

N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May SAM_0546

N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May SAM_0547

N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May SAM_0548

N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May SAM_0549

N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May SAM_0551

N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May SAM_0552

tbc........
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart Wed 01 Jun 2011, 07:47

Sounds like you all had a good time, on some excellent roads.
Sorry I missed it, but hate riding in the wet/rain. Next time.
stuart
stuart
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Wed 01 Jun 2011, 22:07

Sun 30th May
Cont.........

The Manor Cafe is a brand new bikers cafe that opened at Easter and is going well. They do honest to goodness food, at reasonable prices and are in a very good postion, inbetween Richmond and Hawes. With Automoto in the same yard, they compliment each other perfectly, somewhere to have a drink and have a bite to eat while your having tyres fitted, dyno run or a service done and somewhere to look round and ask professional's about your bike while visiting the cafe.

There was a couple of 'armed' coppers N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May Dontknow in a 'marked' Discovery, having their break in the cafe when we turned up. They were friendly enough and left on their patrol before we continued our ride. The rain started to fall a bit harder as we left but didn't spoil our fun or last too long. We rode through Bellerby and rode down through Tunstall on an unclassified lovely road, wide and quiet with an excellent surface through beautiful farm land and tree lined in parts. We arrived in the middle of Catterick Village and rode North past Catterick racecourse, where the Sunday Market was on, to Brompton On Swale and turned right. All through the traffic light's safely for a twelve mile blast on the sublime B6271 to Northallerton. This is one of my favourite local road's with again, a bit of everything. Fast sweepers taken in fourth with plenty of rev's on the tacho, tight second gear, 90 degree corner's and everything in between. Of particular note is a stretch just before the village of Great Langton where there is a series of 12 fantastic, flowing bend's, this way and that and back again, with tarmac to match, superb N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May Icon_cool .

From Northallerton, we travelled North up the A167 and then headed across east, again on an unclassified road for 15 miles with only one car to pass for the whole way. This took us inot Stokesley and from there we rode the infamous Helmsley TT road, the B1257 to, funnily enough, Helmsley. The road was a bit wet again but didn't halt our progress one bit and once we got free of the double white lines they've introduced the last couple of years, we pushed on to our lunch stop in Helmsley market place. It wasn't too busy although we couldn't get parked in the bike parking area but did all get parked together over two car spaces. We decided on the 'Nice Thing's' cafe which alway's serves proper food at proper prices and no one was dissapointed.

N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May SAM_0553

N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May SAM_0554

N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May SAM_0555

N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May SAM_0563

N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May SAM_0556

N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May SAM_0557

N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May SAM_0558

Jane wasn't feeling too clever still, must've been that last glass of wine last night N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May Wicked and so Nick took her back to the dig's to recover. Heath txt me to say he would meet us at Helmsley and so he did just before 2pm. We waited for his Mate Graham to arrive as the sun now shone and then set off on a short hop along the A170 then a small bit of the second part of the B1257 before turning onto the B1363 towards York. We arrrived at York via Strensall, past Strensall camp and rode around the York ring road then the A64 before joining the A166 Stamford Bridge (nowt to do with Chelsea lol) road. Just outside of Gate Helmsley, before Stamford Bridge I took us onto another unclassified road that is another hidden, quiet gem of a road that is intoxicating to ride as it rises and fall's and turn's this way and that through 12 miles of glorious Yorkshire countyside. As we neared Norton, at the end of this road, we came up behind a cop car. This would prove to be the only copper we saw on the road that day and only the second in total, the other being the lad's at The Manor Cafe N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May Icon_thumright

Through Norton and Malton the wind started to pick up a bit but the sun was shining so we were very happy as we made our way along the B1257 and A170, down the 1 in 4 Sutton Bank and back home to Carlton Miniott. Hazel had perfect timing as she arrived from Scotland as we all got to our's and Nick & Jane arrived from their dig's too. We had covered 160 miles, taking in classic bit's of the Yorkshire Dales and Moors and all got back safe and sound N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May Icon_cool

There was 11 of us sat out in our back garden 'chewing the fat' and having a beer. Graham left to try and talk his better half into coming back for the night at the Vale and Martin went to meet Sharon at the Vale and have his 'plated up' sunday lunch at the pub. We served Bolognese over jacket tatties with Garlic Bread for all, which had been prepared by Lesley earlier in the day, it went down a storm N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May Applause .

We showered and changed, while Fred & Marilyn and Nick & Jane went back to their dig's to get sorted and then all met at the Vale of York. A couple of local biker's who couldn't make the ride out came for a drink and Graham did return with his wife. We had a great night with the landlord bringing sarnies out for supper later on, foc N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May Icon_thumright

N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May SAM_0564

N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May SAM_0566

N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May SAM_0567

N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May SAM_0569

N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May SAM_0570

We were all in bed for 1 am and a well deserved good night's 'kip'. Monday morning and the rain fell. One by one everyone made their way home after a thoroughly enjoyable w.end with great company and fantastic road's. Thank you all for coming and helping make the w.end another XJROC cracker N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May Applause N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May Respekt

N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May SAM_0571

N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May SAM_0572

N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May SAM_0573

roll on the next one N. Yorks Ride out Sun 29th May 18990
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down