www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.
www.firebladeriders.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N. Yorks Ride out Sun 2nd May

4 posters

Go down

N Yorks ride out - N. Yorks Ride out Sun 2nd May Empty N. Yorks Ride out Sun 2nd May

Post by JT Mon 26 Apr 2010, 22:57

Now then

1st Bank Holiday w.end in May, Sat 1st - Mon 3rd

I'm doin' a ride out in N.Yorks, setting off from Carlton Miniott (co-ordinates are 54.228,-1.375308 cut and paste these into google maps and this is the pub where we'll be meeting )west of Thirsk on Sunday 2nd May. It was initially for the XJR club but seen as I've joined the FBR site I thought I'd throw it open to you Guy's & Gal's dance1 You can use the Sat to ride here if you want, Sunday ride out and pub on the night to have a sherbert or two cheers , talk bollox etc and then the Monday to get home. Come and enjoy the beatiful scenery and stunning roads. Guaranteed No fixed speed camera's, minimum 30 or 40 mph speed limits, no traffic jams and maximum enjoyment. It'll be about 160 miles ride out taking in from Thirsk, The Helmsley TT road to Stokesley, skirting Yarm onto Northallerton, via Yafforth to Richmond, via Bellerby to Leyburn, through Aysgarth to a lunch stop in Hawes, about 100 miles. Back to Aysgarth, then to Kettlewell, Threshfield, Grassington, Pateley Bridge, Ripon, Boroughbridge, Cundall, Asenby, Topcliffe and back to Carlton Miniott sunny

Everyone welcome hyper

Cheers
JT
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1589
Male Age : 59
My bike(s) : 01 Yamaha XJR1300SP
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Back to top Go down

N Yorks ride out - N. Yorks Ride out Sun 2nd May Empty Re: N. Yorks Ride out Sun 2nd May

Post by JT Wed 28 Apr 2010, 14:40

Bump

In 4 days hyper
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

N Yorks ride out - N. Yorks Ride out Sun 2nd May Empty Re: N. Yorks Ride out Sun 2nd May

Post by JT Mon 03 May 2010, 20:59

Now then

What a great w.end dance

Gavin arrived on his Speed Triple from Peacehaven, on Friday night at 22:15, a bit wet. He'd pretty much rode through 140 miles of rain poor bugger but he arrived and was glad of a hot meal and cup of hot chocolate.

Sat. 1st May
I washed the Mini as Gavin washed his filthy bike and then we went to Hein Gericke in Darlington where I got a tyre repair kit to go under me Blade seat and Gavin bought an EDZ Base Layer One-Piece Undersuit. When we got back home Bob & Sara from Harlow and Ste & De from Runcorn were already there. They'd both come through a shower on their way to ours but their bikes looked pretty clean. Last but not least to arrive was Wee Al from Scotland who'd come through a farm yard by the look of his bike Laughing so we cracked on and washed it for him so it was clean for tomorrow's ride out. We managed to slot the bikes side by side and nose to tail into the garage and with six bikes in the garage it looked pretty full

N Yorks ride out - N. Yorks Ride out Sun 2nd May NYorksRideOutMay2010014

We relaxed, chatted and had a couple of drinks while booking a Chinese banquet to be picked up at 18:30 before Me, Gavin, Bob, Ste & Al had a walk up to the pub at the top of the street till the food arrived. It was race day at Thirsk Races and as normal there were plenty of people 'worse for wear' in the pub. There was a bus load of lads staying at he pub that night and after a full day on the drink at the races they were 'well oiled' Thirst's quenched and faces fed we got our heads down for the night.

Sun. 2nd May
We needed to be up and about in good time so everyone could get to use the bathroom and to feed everyone aswell. Breakfast finished we rolled the bikes to the front of the house for a quick photo before we set off

N Yorks ride out - N. Yorks Ride out Sun 2nd May NYorksRideOutMay2010021

N Yorks ride out - N. Yorks Ride out Sun 2nd May NYorksRideOutMay2010019

The forecast was for showers and we got the first flurry while waiting for 625Martin, Dalton and Mechman at the Vale of York pub.

N Yorks ride out - N. Yorks Ride out Sun 2nd May NYorksRideOutMay2010022

N Yorks ride out - N. Yorks Ride out Sun 2nd May NYorksRideOutMay2010024

The pub was open and some of the race goers were on pints at 09:00 in the morning, must be mad dance1 Once 625Martin, Dalton and Mechman had arrived we rode into Thirsk market place via Tesco's for petrol, to meet up with four local M8's who were joining us for the ride out

N Yorks ride out - N. Yorks Ride out Sun 2nd May NYorksRideOutMay2010028

So we had; Me & Lesley on my yellow XJR, Bob & Sara on a white CB1300, Ste & De on a red XJR, Gavin on his Orange Speed Triple, Al on his Black CB1300, 625Martin on a Blue XJR, Dalton on a Black XJR, Mechman on a Blue XJR all from the club and Dave on a maroon 1200 Bandit, Tom on a Silver Tuono, Barry on a red 600 Monster and Ross on a Red ZX6R, 12 bikes and 15 people in total. I explained the 2nd man drop off system to those that had never used it and off we set.
As we left Thirsk on the A170 heading East, the rain started to fall quite heavily and stayed with us through Helmsley and on the way to Stokesley but we rode out of it by Great Broughton just before arriving at Stokesely. It was 10am, very cool (read bloody cold wintercold ) and the roads were nice and quiet this bank holiday Sunday. I’d heard Leven bridge was closed for repair work on my route so I took us another way to Northallerton along ½ mile of the A19. As we rolled into Northallerton Dalton came along side and said we’d lost Wee Al. On the A19 Al was in the outside lane and couldn’t get back in at the last minute so had to go straight on. We stopped in Northallerton, where the High Street was closed to through traffic due to the May fair taking over. The traveling fairground set up in the high street every year for the Bank Holiday w.end and it draws the crowds to the town. As I txt Al to say we were waiting in Northallerton he turned up clap amazing, fair play to him, he’d used his ‘noggin’ and good sense of direction and was with us in no time !
Leaving Northallerton on the B6271 Martin was directly behind me with Tom next. I set a decent pace with virtually no traffic and Martin and Tom stayed close. We had a really good blast along there and Martin and Tom stuck on my tail all the way, good fun ! A Friend of Dalton’s, Jane, was to meet us on her Honda CBF600 at Richmond and so we had a toilet stop while there

N Yorks ride out - N. Yorks Ride out Sun 2nd May NYorksRideOutMay2010030

Out of Richmond on the A6108, Tom was next in line and Ross close to him. We made good initial progress again but then got caught behind a couple of cars just at the wrong time on a particular twisty bit of road where there aren't too many places to pass comfortably but we got passed them in the end and made our way to Leyburn. We stopped to re-group in Leyburn and Tom took advantage to turn his video cam on, on the side of his bike, for the next stint to Hawes. Jane followed me from Leyburn and at Bainbridge Tom arrived behind me and I took advantage of a clear road to push on for the camera
Hawes was not mega busy but there was plenty of bikes about and the Cafe was packed with no seats available for our lunch stop.

N Yorks ride out - N. Yorks Ride out Sun 2nd May NYorksRideOutMay2010032

We left the bikes parked outside the Penny garth cafe and all went to 'The Wensledale Pantry' another cafe in Hawes which is much larger with seating for a 100 or more, above the spar shop in Hawes if you're ever in the area and with a comprehensive hot and cold menu. We timed it perfectly cause it filled up soon after we got our tables. We were glad to get inside to be honest because it was cold on the hands still although happily it was dry. An hour and a half later we filled the bikes up (Jane left to make her way home to Carlisle) and headed back the way we came in to Hawes, to Aysgarth then headed for Kettlewell along the very, very bumpy B6160, it sure felt more bumpy than the last time I was over there. It's a very tight and twisty road and some parts without center white lines because it is so narrow but very entertaining dance .
On through Kettlewell then turned for Grassington and onto Pateley Bridge along the B6265. This is another great road that rises quite high at Grimwith Reservoir and Greenhow Hill before dropping steeply into Pateley Bridge. We had another fag and toilet stop here

N Yorks ride out - N. Yorks Ride out Sun 2nd May NYorksRideOutMay2010036

N Yorks ride out - N. Yorks Ride out Sun 2nd May NYorksRideOutMay2010034

N Yorks ride out - N. Yorks Ride out Sun 2nd May NYorksRideOutMay2010039

N Yorks ride out - N. Yorks Ride out Sun 2nd May NYorksRideOutMay2010043

N Yorks ride out - N. Yorks Ride out Sun 2nd May NYorksRideOutMay2010044

N Yorks ride out - N. Yorks Ride out Sun 2nd May NYorksRideOutMay2010039

We left after a short break in which De dropped her new helmet but luckily it landed on a vent and didn't mark the helmet other than breaking that vent which can be replaced On the B6165 to Ripley and then on the A61 to Ripon it was very busy with traffic but once on the B6265 again, there was less traffic and once onto the sublime unclassified road out of Boroughbridge through Milby, Thornton Manor, Cundall then Asenby into Topcliffe I don't think we saw a single car on our side of the road Gavin was behind us as we turned onto the A167 and I beckoned him forward to treat us to what was a cracking wheelie Back infront we had a very fast run down the 1.8 miles straight, past the army camp then into the Vale of York car park where our day began. Dave and Ross went home and the rest of us popped in for a quick pint and chat about the days ride while the girls walked home to get our evening meal on the go and get showered and changed

N Yorks ride out - N. Yorks Ride out Sun 2nd May NYorksRideOutMay2010047

Gomez and Morticia had arrived on their bikes at the Vale in the afternoon and I went to tell them they were invited to eat at ours that night which they gratefully accepted along with Martin.
We watched the MotoGP race while eating then a quick shower and a couple of drinks and we were off to the pub. Andy and Sue were already in the pub along with two unexpected others, Heath and Leanne clap Heath had been on a bike rally for the w.end but got home then he drove Himself and Leanne to Thirsk for the night at the pub, Brilliant

Julian, The landlord had organised Karaoke for the night and it went down a storm, well, it did with me anyway Everyone had a great night, some sang, others looked on but I think Gavin and his mini-me Al were the best, as The Proclaimers

N Yorks ride out - N. Yorks Ride out Sun 2nd May NYorksRideOutMay2010055

N Yorks ride out - N. Yorks Ride out Sun 2nd May NYorksRideOutMay2010056

N Yorks ride out - N. Yorks Ride out Sun 2nd May NYorksRideOutMay2010059

N Yorks ride out - N. Yorks Ride out Sun 2nd May NYorksRideOutMay2010060

N Yorks ride out - N. Yorks Ride out Sun 2nd May NYorksRideOutMay2010062

The landlord did us proud with three platters full of sarnies to keep us going and then Heath and Leanne left for home and their little one. I was all sung out and ready for me bed by half past midnight and left with Gavin, Bob and Sara, leaving the others to carry on. They weren't far behind us apparently but I was fast asleep when they came in. It was a great night enjoyed by all dance

Up in the morning, breakfast was served then people started to make their way home. Andy & Sue, Martin and Gomez who'd stayed at the pub fo B&B called down to say goodbye and then 'there were none'. We had a great w.end and it was a great success sunny

Cheers
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbikefinder Tue 04 May 2010, 01:24

Bloody hellfire JT, another top write up of your weekend ride
fastbikefinder
fastbikefinder
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 4582
Male Age : 46
My bike(s) : Trek VX with suspenders & Specialized Hemi
Registration date : 2007-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Wee Al B Tue 04 May 2010, 03:10

Can't add much to John's write up lol.

1st class weekend all round.

From the last pic you can probably guess why I'm Wee Al
Wee Al B
Wee Al B
Clubman Racer

Number of posts : 184
Male Age : 54
My bike(s) : 1998 Blade, 2003 CB1300
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Tue 04 May 2010, 07:15

fastbikefinder> cheers Smile

Wee Al> Yeah but that pic is a little misleading, Gavin is a GIANT Laughing
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by cbrrrob Wed 05 May 2010, 22:13

i was in hawes sunday morning with a mate and thought it was quite warm ?
cbrrrob
cbrrrob
BSB Racer

Number of posts : 293
Male Age : 54
My bike(s) : 929 rry dont want owt else
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down