www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.
www.firebladeriders.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Bike Gallery

+2
stuart
JT
6 posters

Go down

My Bike Gallery Empty My Bike Gallery

Post by JT Wed 31 Mar 2010, 07:30

Now then

On the theme of 'Old pics of me' I dug some photo's out of some of my old bikes. Unfortunately not from the start of a Yamaha YB100 in blue, I was given by my Mam when I was 14 and she went off around the world. Kept it on my Uncles farm and it went from a very nice bog standard road bike to a field then forestry bike in double quick time hyper First thing was to drill several 10mm holes in the exhaust can to make it louder No Ha ha, lads will be lads.

Next, I became legal on the road for the first time dance with a red Suzuki AP50. Unrestricted at the time with pedals lol! That was my freedom confirmed bounce

Third was a blue Yamaha DT100. I'd had it 24 hours when I hit a fookin sheep in the road on a 1 in 4 hill, going downhill, out in the sticks. No gloves, Geordie jeans, Addidas Samba trainers, leather bike jacket and a black centurion 2000 helmet. Ground, sky, ground, sky it went, Ouch, that hurt, dislocated shoulder and skinless palms. The bike started, the lights front and rear were gone, so was the speedo and the bars where 'bent to buggery'. That bike was destined not to last.... 4 months later I had a head on crash with a Nissan Bluebird SSS car, wrote the car off but I didn't fair so well. A local lad bought the remains of the bike off me while I was still in hospital and got it going as a field bike affraid

Next bike was a black Honda CB125 twin, a work horse that got me to work and back.

After that came a red Honda VF400Four. First bike I owned with electric start cool and it was so smooth. IT was only 2 years old and went like a dream ( not a superdream thank god Laughing )

My Bike Gallery Vf400f10_800x600

I had a Honda C90 for winter at that time too, funnily enough I've no pics of that Laughing

I then owned a Honda CX500 by default. I borrowed it from a mate and it seized hammer on the way from Thirsk to the Hoppings at Newcastle, so I had to buy it. Sold it knackered.

I had a go at Off roading then on a Yamaha YZ250. Did a 'Mad Stubble' meeting on the A66 near Scotch Corner, some beach racing at Redcar and a couple MX's on the A64 near Leeds.

My Bike Gallery Yz25010_800x600
Good 'boufont' lol!

tbc
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1589
Male Age : 59
My bike(s) : 01 Yamaha XJR1300SP
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Back to top Go down

My Bike Gallery Empty Re: My Bike Gallery

Post by stuart Wed 31 Mar 2010, 08:37

Good intro to biking, 14 yr old in a field. Thats exactly the way I started. Once bikes are in your blood, your hooked for life.
Look forward to chapter 2

Last edited by stuart on Sat 03 Apr 2010, 10:48; edited 1 time in total
stuart
stuart
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 2823
Male Age : 67
My bike(s) : Tiger 800
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Mar 2010, 08:58

Can you make them pix bigger please mate?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Wed 31 Mar 2010, 09:40

megawatt> Dunno why they're like that ?
Others I've posted have come up bigger.

Can one of you techies help me out

Last edited by JT on Wed 31 Mar 2010, 10:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info)
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbikefinder Wed 31 Mar 2010, 11:02

JT wrote:....Can one of you techies help me out

Now then??

I love your mx jacket JT, that is a real stunner!

Reminds me of my flouro pink Arai MX crash helmet.
fastbikefinder
fastbikefinder
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 4582
Male Age : 46
My bike(s) : Trek VX with suspenders & Specialized Hemi
Registration date : 2007-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Wed 31 Mar 2010, 11:22

fastbikefinder wrote:
JT wrote:....Can one of you techies help me out

Now then??

I love your mx jacket JT, that is a real stunner!

Reminds me of my flouro pink Arai MX crash helmet.

It was me MX shirt over body armour, went nice with me white and pink boots rofl

Thanx for the 'enlargemnets' clap anything I can do in the future to get them that big ?
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbikefinder Wed 31 Mar 2010, 11:31

Seems like you copied the link for the thumb nail image of the picture from your gallery???

Use the 'bbcode of the picture' 2nd line down underneath each picture thumbup
fastbikefinder
fastbikefinder
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 4582
Male Age : 46
My bike(s) : Trek VX with suspenders & Specialized Hemi
Registration date : 2007-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Wed 31 Mar 2010, 12:28

cont....

Now then

Next, I passed my test lol! and had another VF400Four in blue and white , here it is with my XR4i

[img]My Bike Gallery Vf400_10[/img]

Had that ayear then got a red GSX600f. Me and Lesley had our first tour to Wales on that bike and then our first forray into Europe too. We went to Assen WSBK on it to see Foggy win his 2nd Championship in 1995 after the first race if memory serves hyper

[img]My Bike Gallery Gsx60010[/img]

I then graduated to my first brand new bike, a GSXR750WS. It was mentioned about wishing you hadn't sold one bike oyu'd owned, well this would be mine. Frist new bike, first sportsbike, first own bike track day (Cadwell). Two up to Hockenheim to WSBK 1996 and saw Foggy win his first race on the RC45. First time touched 155 (showing on the clock, est. 140 actual) two up on the Autobahn hyper did 20,000 miles in one year, all pleasure riding, never used it for work, it was a classic year, riding from early March through to 2nd week in November sunny

[img]My Bike Gallery Gsxr_710[/img]

tbc

Last edited by JT on Wed 31 Mar 2010, 12:37; edited 1 time in total
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Wed 31 Mar 2010, 12:30

Nice pics cheers
Kaiser
Kaiser
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 4491
Male Age : 42
My bike(s) : HM Plant RR10, RR8 Race bike, HM Plant RR7 and a nice rotavated garden!
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Mar 2010, 12:54

Great pix JT
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Wed 31 Mar 2010, 13:06

Cool pix!
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1928
Male Age : 54
My bike(s) : 93 Blade Streetfighter & a 96 Engineless Blade, soon to become 1 & a 95 GPZ1100 Grand tourer which is looking for a new home! lol
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by wild bill Wed 31 Mar 2010, 20:40

Excellent pics JP thumbup
wild bill
wild bill
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1614
Male Age : 57
My bike(s) : CBR1000RR5 CB1000 BMWF650 TY250
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Fri 02 Apr 2010, 14:45

cont.........

Now then

Next bike was GSXR WV. I bought the bike in late 1997. It was one of a pair of Gixxers that had been prepared for the "98 Bol d'or Endurance race. Unfortunately the team got refused entry at the eleventh hour and so had a qualifying bike and a race bike to sell. The difference between the two was the qualifying bike had a tuned engine and the race bike engine was blueprinted. I bought the race bike with :-
Full arrow race system
Maxton fork internals
Ohlins rear shock with the remote preload next to the clocks
Ohlins across the frame steering damper
Rearsets
Piggy back style paddock stand bobbins
Race bodywork
Race seat pod
Race fairing brace

I had the bike sprayed Lucky Strike colours with Kevin Schwantz 34 as part of the deal and got all the original bits with the bike. It was a cracker. It was the fastest accelerating bike I'd rode at the time, handled like it was 'on rails' and looked the part too. I got it in time for xmas and because we had no garage at the time it came into the dining room and was decorated for the big day My Bike Gallery 950996

My Bike Gallery WV1

Unfortunately, in March 1998 some tw*t pulled out of a side road and killed it outright It had a full tank of petrol and burst into flames at impact, the result was this :-

My Bike Gallery WV2

The front was knocked completely off at the headstock weld. Original paint was silver and black, showing through on the tank.

My Bike Gallery WV3

My nuts and 'old man' went along the channel created by my legs and came to an abrupt end at the petrol filller. The molton metal is the ohlins steering damper after the heat from the flames had melted it onto the road

My Bike Gallery WV4

Nice Endurance 'piggy back' Stand bobbins

My Bike Gallery WV5

Will that front wheel straighten My Bike Gallery 420692

My Bike Gallery WV7

Luckily I lived to tell the tale and ride again

As a foot note, It was on a sweeping right hand bend on a dual carraigeway bit of road, in broad daylight with good visibility. I had my headlight on and the car had clear vision from an elevated position with no raod signs or trees in his view and he didn't see me !!! Just goes to show you can be the safest rider on the road but if it's someone elses fault you have no chance. I didn't even have time to touch the brakes never mind pull them on and was not speeding as confirmed by the police accident investigating officer.

tbc

Last edited by JT on Tue 22 Jan 2013, 16:42; edited 2 times in total
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Sat 03 Apr 2010, 09:55

cont........

I didn't get another bike until April 2000. I thought I would have to buy something more comfortable because of my injuries, especially because of my knees and hip joints but still wanted a sports bike, so I went for a test ride on a ZX9R. Always was regarded as the larger more comfortable of the class and it was. It was also a rocket ship clap I took it back to the shop intending to buy it. The guy had a "99 R1 in, which he'd registered on the road in September 1999 to go with some Mates to the Bol d'or that year then put it in the shop for sale. "Take it for a spin" he said. It was the latest 'Daddy' so it would be 'rude not too' I thought. Out I went. Within 2 miles I knew I had to have it hyper bollox to the position I thought but in actual fact it was roomier than I expected. Anyhow, after a long discussion with Lesley, My wife, I bought it happyahh and ended up keeping it for ten years until I sold it to help finance the Blade acquisition this year

My Bike Gallery R1

This was taken in April 2000 outside our house,I'd just got it and was 'happy as Larry' woot It had a full acro race system on. That same month me and a mate got stopped on the Helmsley TT road by the police and Dept of Transport 'fun police'. They went over our bikes with a 'fine tooth comb', one of these pull everybody days early in the year and get whoever they can for whatever they can. We were warned about our black visor's by the police but were given a written order to have an MOT on the bikes within ten days and take it to the police station to proove we'd had it done because of our exhausts pullhaur2 . A bit like the old producer ticket but my bike was 6 months old and My mates was a month old R1. There had been a lot of talk about how the police were going to be getting harder on noisy cans etc that year and I couldn't be doing with the hassle so I went back to the shop that day after our ride and did a straight swap for the original system which he still had. A year later I bought a micron end can on my way to Nogaro in France for a track day and still have it Smile
My R1 was and still is an excellent sports bike. I started to do two to three track days a year on it aswell as using it for my road bike. In 2002 we decided we needed something more comfortable two up. We had both always liked the look of the XJR, especially in yellow Kenny Roberts colours so bought one new in October 2002. I've still got that bike. Done 37,000 miles now and it's the best all round bike I've ever had. It does everything I want, solo or two up. We go into Europe on it for hols aswell, it's brilliant sunny

My Bike Gallery Retros051

On a bridge in France March 09 during a lads w.end away to get the biking year off to a good start

My Bike Gallery 1BeehiveInnEamontBridge

On a ride out, outside a pub near Penrith March 09

My Bike Gallery DSCF0475

Fully loaded with Givi wingrack on the way to Mugello MotoGP May 09

After a couple of years I decided to take the R1 off the road and just use it on the track

My Bike Gallery SilverstoneMay061

and so it stayed, until I put it back on the road in Jan 09.

I bought a KTM exc 400 to do some green laning in March 07. It was good fun and you get to some amazing out of the way places but I prefer to be on the road and didn't use it enough so I sold it in March 09

My Bike Gallery Bikes021

In March 09 I bought another bike. I bought it with my heart rather than my head and purely through nostalgia. It was a fully restored 1976 FS1E in yellow Kenny Roberts colours. I kept it for a year then sold it with the R1 to help finance the blade deal dance

My Bike Gallery Fizzy12

My Bike Gallery Fizzy24

Fizzy & XJR in the garage feb 09

My Bike Gallery Fizzy25

R1, KTM, XJR & Fizzy. Garage was lookin fairly full in feb 09

and this is where I am now, XJR and Blade thumbup
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend