www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.
www.firebladeriders.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ron haslam race school

+5
Kaiser
Jollygiant
radiobloke
shadow
thacks
9 posters

Go down

ron haslam race school Empty ron haslam race school

Post by thacks Sat 24 Oct 2009, 20:01

a few mate and i are thinking of do the ron haslam race school premier class we have never done a track day before so can anyone tell me what the day consist off and how much track time you get its £269 and you get the use of a cbr600rr which do seen bad to me

ps we do all ride sports bike but we ant on rossi ron haslam race school 417990
thacks
thacks
CBT Novice

Number of posts : 89
Male Age : 51
My bike(s) : blade
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Back to top Go down

ron haslam race school Empty Re: ron haslam race school

Post by shadow Sat 24 Oct 2009, 20:56

You dont get much track time, 45 mins tops.
Ive never done it because its so expensive for what you get.
Plus if its raining you have wasted your money.

£269 is if you use your bike, the hired one is extra.

Get yourself on a trackday, hire one of there bikes, do one or two sessions then ask one of the instructors to follow you.
At a td you get 6 - 8 20 min sessions.

I know which one id do. ron haslam race school 18990
shadow
shadow
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 3003
Male Age : 44
My bike(s) : 06 R1
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by radiobloke Sat 24 Oct 2009, 21:54

if you've never been on a track before, save your cash and book a few trackdays

you'll get more track time and learn more about basics

Ron Haslam is good for refining technique. Premiere will be a waste of time if its your first time. the normal one will be good enough for you.

I was on the list of tutors, but didn't actually do it due to work hours. Thats the thing...most of the instructors are club racers..

Funny thing was that I did the standard package, on a cbr6...and was told to slow down cos I passed the premiere guys on the blades!...

seriously...track days first then try a RH day if you still wanna refine your riding
radiobloke
radiobloke
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1113
Male Age : 55
My bike(s) : Spondon Turbo Fireblade, CB1300, 1200 BigBird
Registration date : 2008-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Jollygiant Sat 24 Oct 2009, 22:09

like the other guys said do som track days first.
But if you do want a race school i'd recommend the hottrax ones. Not done one myself but have heard lots of good things about them.
Jollygiant
Jollygiant
MotoGP Rider

Number of posts : 833
Male Age : 45
My bike(s) : 2010 HRC Fireblade / 929 fireblade track bike

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Mon 26 Oct 2009, 10:45

Track day's are nice & relaxed events that you can just take time to bed your self in to.
Kaiser
Kaiser
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 4491
Male Age : 42
My bike(s) : HM Plant RR10, RR8 Race bike, HM Plant RR7 and a nice rotavated garden!
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by CBR Jane Tue 03 Nov 2009, 20:11

Got to agree, I did a track day at Mallory last year it was a real buzz but even wearing the novice yellow vest there are still some plonkers who have to try and prove themselves better than you! ron haslam race school Icon_clown take care but enjoy.

Its worth covering your No. plate up or I removed mine to save coating it with sticky tape, some insurance companies have spotters at these events and share their info with other insurers just in case......... you happen to make a clam that very day!

Sorry for the negativity but forwarned is for armed.
CBR Jane
CBR Jane
WSB Racer

Number of posts : 645
Female Age : 63
My bike(s) : CBR 1000 Red & GSXR 1000 Red & Black
Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart Tue 03 Nov 2009, 20:25

Its all been said mate, save your dosh and get on a track
stuart
stuart
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 2823
Male Age : 67
My bike(s) : Tiger 800

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Wed 11 Nov 2009, 10:27

You know you want to ron haslam race school 417990
Kaiser
Kaiser
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 4491
Male Age : 42
My bike(s) : HM Plant RR10, RR8 Race bike, HM Plant RR7 and a nice rotavated garden!
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace Melon Mon 11 Jan 2010, 21:18

I've done two of the premier days. I didn't have to pay any extra for the bike.
It's swings and roundabouts. I managed to bin the CBR on the last lap of the last session at Redgate. Very satisfying just being able to walk away from the damage and hop in my car Smile

But it is very pricy and if theres a lot of fast movers out on track with you then you spend way to much time being guided to the edge of the track to let them past.

First time out at Cadwell this year I managed to drop my Blade at the Gooseneck. (first lap...oh the shame) Not so satisfying having to trailer my bike home with stuffed engine cases. The kerbs are a sod.

I did enjoy the RH days immensly but a hire bike and a track day is the better option in my opinion.
Ace Melon
Ace Melon
CBT Novice

Number of posts : 81
Male Age : 56
My bike(s) : RR3
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Mon 29 Mar 2010, 22:18

Now then

I've done track days since 1996 but had a bad road accident in March 1998, a "I didn't see you Mate" classic rant When I was able to ride a bike again I didn't have one, so plumbed for the RH school on the CBR600's. It was 2000 and they were the latest model. All my gear had been trashed too but I'd had my second helmet on thank god, so borrowed their leathers, gloves and boots. Actually had to borrow a 10 left boot but 12 right because of one of my injuries Laughing It was ideal for my situation and as has been said if you come off, you pay nowt, which is a bonus.

I personally think if it's your first time on a track, you could do a lot worse than trying the RH race school. You only need to turn up, with or with out your own gear, you will be more relaxed rather than worrying about any hero taking you out on your pride and joy and then, if you enjoy it and it's for you, try a track day on your own stead. The only down side is the expense but not as expensive or heartbreaking as repairing your own bike !
thumbup

When you do get on the track "remember to breathe" and don't look behind you lol!
Cheers
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1589
Male Age : 59
My bike(s) : 01 Yamaha XJR1300SP
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Jul 2010, 14:47

RH = great day out, but not much track time. I did quite a few similar days in the late 90s with people like Ducati Experience (Cadwell, 748s, first knee-down too), Yamaha Race School (Cadwell, TRX 850), Ron Haslam School (CBR600), Mallory Park School (CBR600), plus I did a couple of Keith Code days which were fantastic for my confidence.

Personally I'm pleased I did it this way, as when I went out on a track day for the first time it was not too daunting.

I binned a beaut of a VFR750 in 97 (not my fault - car pullled out, BANG!), and the Mallory School TD was a turning point - I was at the point of giving it all up until I found out I coul;d still ride properly!

Hottrax are ok, Motorcycle Folly are ok, try one of their novice days maybe.

Enjoy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down