www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.
www.firebladeriders.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My 94 Streetfighter Project

+28
helrazzer
danidge
Deathace
gothy
grim1
morgs887
rapid777
macca
bladaz
fastbikefinder
stuart
yammydave
Haggler ®™
mr pie
Fringe
yantosh
cabbie
J.J.
wild bill
alz4321
skidd1
1992fireblade
alsieboy
cbr9rrnut
bazza
radiobloke
shadow
griz
32 posters

Page 11 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down

My 94 Streetfighter Project - Page 11 Empty Re: My 94 Streetfighter Project

Post by yammydave Fri 20 Mar 2009, 07:09

Griz, I suspect either you are one of those really deep, intellectual guys with a wicked sense of humour or extremely humble!
"rubbed it down again today & gave it another coat of paint & I'm happy with it now" tells me you weren't happy with it in the 1st place.
So then I'd have to ask why if that's the case, did you post pics?

A cynical guy might think it a wicked plan to see of those responding, who would tell the truth and who'd apply false flattery!
"if you went over the bike with a fine tooth comb you'll find a load of faults & be able to pick holes in it"
You can't be serious, having seen the pics of the build all the way I'd sincerely doubt that!
This winter has been a swine for everybody working outside on their bikes without debilitating conditions, so you should drop "very proud" and make it extremely proud, you deserve that!

The rushed nature of the rad's 1st attempt might also lead me to suspect something else entirely different; that we all hate to talk about and avoid like the plague.
One thing I would like to ask, and I appreciate it is something you might not want to answer, is the condition getting worse and are you worried you might not be able to finish the build?
Feel free to tell me to sod off; whilst I'm not exactly thick skinned I will get over it.

South Devon is a good run from South Yorkshire and all bloody motorway, but I am expecting May to be particularly bad for business with 2 bank holidays to contend with.
My standard of work isn't going to be as good as yours and I know it takes away some of the "I did all it myself" element of the build; however if need be it has to be better than not see it finished!
I was going to send this as a PM but your condition is no secret and some of the other guys would I suspect be willing to put some time in to help as well.
Don't be too proud to ask for help.
yammydave
yammydave
WSB Racer

Number of posts : 653
Male Age : 63
My bike(s) : CBR900RRS, CBR900RRP, CB750/900F
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by alsieboy Fri 20 Mar 2009, 08:16

Griz your an inspiration to us all....I personally liks the red grill on the rad, admitidly the second pic does look loads better, it's your bike to do with what you want......

There are times when I can't be bothered to do things or think I'm not capable...but you have proved that enything is possible with determination and a gritty nature...

Keep if up matey, we are all glued to this thread.. sunny
alsieboy
alsieboy
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1936
Male Age : 56
My bike(s) : CBR900RR Urban Tiger, Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type UK
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by shadow Fri 20 Mar 2009, 08:22

alsieboy wrote:Griz your an inspiration to us all

Keep it up matey, we are all glued to this thread.. sunny

Agreed on both points. hyper
shadow
shadow
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 3003
Male Age : 44
My bike(s) : 06 R1
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbikefinder Fri 20 Mar 2009, 10:04

It's nice to be a member of a forum with so many genuine people
sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny
fastbikefinder
fastbikefinder
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 4582
Male Age : 46
My bike(s) : Trek VX with suspenders & Specialized Hemi
Registration date : 2007-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Fri 20 Mar 2009, 12:39

yammydave wrote:Griz, I suspect either you are one of those really deep, intellectual guys with a wicked sense of humour or extremely humble!

I think I'm a bit of both mate to be honest, I've always had a great sense of humour but being sick like this for so long & going from what I used to be has made me appreciate the ability to be able to work on the bike.

"rubbed it down again today & gave it another coat of paint & I'm happy with it now" tells me you weren't happy with it in the 1st place.
So then I'd have to ask why if that's the case, did you post pics?

To be honest I was happy with it but once you pointed it out I thought I'd either leave it as it was or refinish it again, I went with the latter.

A cynical guy might think it a wicked plan to see of those responding, who would tell the truth and who'd apply false flattery!

I'm not into playin games like that mate. I'm a honest straight forward type of bloke & I don't have the time or energy for that type of carry on.

"if you went over the bike with a fine tooth comb you'll find a load of faults & be able to pick holes in it"
You can't be serious, having seen the pics of the build all the way I'd sincerely doubt that!

It's true mate, honest, I've managed to chip some of the powder coat here & there & touched it up with as good a match colour of paint, I guess it is really all down to how high a standard you hold.

This winter has been a swine for everybody working outside on their bikes without debilitating conditions, so you should drop "very proud" and make it extremely proud, you deserve that!

Yeah I agree it has been a tough winter which hasn't helped matters & I am proud of what I've done.

The rushed nature of the rad's 1st attempt might also lead me to suspect something else entirely different; that we all hate to talk about and avoid like the plague.
One thing I would like to ask, and I appreciate it is something you might not want to answer, is the condition getting worse and are you worried you might not be able to finish the build?
Feel free to tell me to sod off; whilst I'm not exactly thick skinned I will get over it.

OK sod off Laughing nah its cool mate, I guess I am rushing things a bit here & there where I think I can get away with it, the main reason being is that at times I think I'm going to kill over & pop me clogs & I just so want to complete the bike if it's the last thing I do. It's probably not a valid concern but one I'm not willing to chance.

South Devon is a good run from South Yorkshire and all bloody motorway, but I am expecting May to be particularly bad for business with 2 bank holidays to contend with.
My standard of work isn't going to be as good as yours and I know it takes away some of the "I did all it myself" element of the build; however if need be it has to be better than not see it finished!

That is very very kind of you mate & I really do appreciate the offer but as you put it I love standing back & looking at it & saying to myself 'I did that' most of the hard work has been done now the next lot of hard work for me will be finishing the bodywork but I'll get through it Wink

I was going to send this as a PM but your condition is no secret and some of the other guys would I suspect be willing to put some time in to help as well.
Don't be too proud to ask for help.

Its all cool mate, I've nothing to hide. I don't think its a mater of pride, I've always been a very determined person & when I get started on something I see it through to the end.

Something I have seen on another forum is a charity build where people donate parts & working skills working on a build & then I presume they sell the bike off for charity, I'd love to do something like that one day!
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1928
Male Age : 54
My bike(s) : 93 Blade Streetfighter & a 96 Engineless Blade, soon to become 1 & a 95 GPZ1100 Grand tourer which is looking for a new home! lol
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by alsieboy Fri 20 Mar 2009, 12:50

Now I like the sound of That sunny
alsieboy
alsieboy
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Fri 20 Mar 2009, 13:25

alsieboy wrote:Now I like the sound of That sunny

Yeah me too! Let's see if we can make it happen!

I'd be more than happy to build a bike for charity once I finish this one!
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

My bike(s) : 93 Blade Streetfighter & a 96 Engineless Blade, soon to become 1 & a 95 GPZ1100 Grand tourer which is looking for a new home! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by alsieboy Fri 20 Mar 2009, 14:28

Right give me a bit of time will get back to you
alsieboy
alsieboy
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Fri 20 Mar 2009, 14:36

alsieboy wrote:Right give me a bit of time will get back to you

Ok mate! woot
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Fringe Fri 20 Mar 2009, 15:55

griz wrote:
alsieboy wrote:nice modification..looks good too sunny can't wait to see this in the flesh, May can't come quick enough for me sunny

Thanks mate, it's a easy one to do & very cheap too!

I'm looking forwad to you comin down too mate, I'll have her gleaming so make sure you pack some good sunglasses! punk Laughing

Does this mean there's gonna be a grand unveiling? Laughing
If so are we all invited? clap
we're all burning up with excitement hyper
Fringe
Fringe
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1036
Male Age : 59
My bike(s) : Fightered RRS
Registration date : 2007-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Fringe Fri 20 Mar 2009, 16:01

Griz wrote
Something I have seen on another forum is a charity build where people donate parts & working skills working on a build & then I presume they sell the bike off for charity, I'd love to do something like that one day!

Count me in too.
Fringe
Fringe
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1036
Male Age : 59
My bike(s) : Fightered RRS
Registration date : 2007-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Fri 20 Mar 2009, 16:42

Fringe wrote:
griz wrote:
alsieboy wrote:nice modification..looks good too sunny can't wait to see this in the flesh, May can't come quick enough for me sunny

I'm looking forwad to you comin down too mate, I'll have her gleaming so make sure you pack some good sunglasses! punk Laughing

LOL now there's a idea! Yeah your all welcome to come down & have a look, maybe I alt to have a unveiling! eyebrow

That's great! About you being oboard for the charity build! woot
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by alsieboy Fri 20 Mar 2009, 16:51

Discussions are taking place.... sunny
alsieboy
alsieboy
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Fri 20 Mar 2009, 17:10

alsieboy wrote:Discussions are taking place.... sunny

dance Thats great! I'm getting all excited about it, what charity shall we give to? I'm thinking something for kids.... What's a good cause?? There so many to choose from.... scratch
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by 1992fireblade Fri 20 Mar 2009, 17:31

Fringe is interested too!

Lets have a biker build-off! Lol.
1992fireblade
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1633
My bike(s) : Triumph Bonneville America

Back to top Go down

Post by shadow Fri 20 Mar 2009, 19:52

1992fireblade wrote:Fringe is interested too!

Does that mean i have to grow a beard, all the guys in that program do. scratch

rofl rofl
shadow
shadow
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 3003
Male Age : 44
My bike(s) : 06 R1

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Fri 20 Mar 2009, 20:31

shadow wrote:

Does that mean i have to grow a beard, all the guys in that program do. scratch

rofl rofl

Bugger I hadn't thought of that! Ok no shaving from here on out! rofl rofl
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbikefinder Fri 20 Mar 2009, 23:50

griz wrote:
Something I have seen on another forum is a charity build where people donate parts & working skills working on a build & then I presume they sell the bike off for charity, I'd love to do something like that one day![/color]

griz wrote:
alsieboy wrote:Now I like the sound of That sunny

Yeah me too! Let's see if we can make it happen!

I'd be more than happy to build a bike for charity once I finish this one!

griz wrote:
Fringe wrote:
griz wrote:

LOL now there's a idea! Yeah your all welcome to come down & have a look, maybe I alt to have a unveiling! eyebrow

That's great! About you being oboard for the charity build! woot

griz wrote:

dance Thats great! I'm getting all excited about it, what charity shall we give to? I'm thinking something for kids.... What's a good cause?? There so many to choose from.... scratch

Has a Charity build thread been started????

Keep me posted on this chaps, as and when it unfolds, I may be able to arrange a donation of parts via 'thebladeshop' - No promises but I'll give it a whirl.

Griz - Do you think Reality would chip in?

You can put me down (www.forktech.co.uk) for the fork re-build - Free labour and oil and seals, just get them to me!

Admin / Mods - You can sell tickets for charity competitions on Ebay!!!! £25.00 per ticket???, That way we could ensure the charity get top dollar for the amazing one-off the winner receives!

I've only just got on tonight so lots of threads to check so if any of this has been thought of or posted then please excuse my double posting!
fastbikefinder
fastbikefinder
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by cabbie Sat 21 Mar 2009, 00:01

I can fabricate stuff if needed.
cabbie
cabbie
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 2139
Male Age : 61
My bike(s) : fireblade
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Sat 21 Mar 2009, 00:40

fastbikefinder wrote:

Has a Charity build thread been started????

Keep me posted on this chaps, as and when it unfolds, I may be able to arrange a donation of parts via 'thebladeshop' - No promises but I'll give it a whirl.

Griz - Do you think Reality would chip in?

You can put me down (www.forktech.co.uk) for the fork re-build - Free labour and oil and seals, just get them to me!

Admin / Mods - You can sell tickets for charity competitions on Ebay!!!! £25.00 per ticket???, That way we could ensure the charity get top dollar for the amazing one-off the winner receives!

I've only just got on tonight so lots of threads to check so if any of this has been thought of or posted then please excuse my double posting!

Hiya mate, no thread has started yet that I'm aware of.

That'll be great if the blade shop would make a donation!

Reality has ask me to send some pics of my bike when its done so I'll be contacting them soon & will also mention the chartity build & ask if they can help out, they may well do as there sound guys there.

Thank you very much for offering your services mate & it sure will help out! yourock

I think the admin & mod team are going to try take this to a higher level than ebay (can't say what yet) but that is another option for sure!

cabbie wrote:I can fabricate stuff if needed.

Hey Cabbie I was hoping you'd come on board too, thats great mate, thanks!

Your second to none when it comes to top quality fabrication! woot
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by alsieboy Sat 21 Mar 2009, 10:11

Thanks for all the postitive comments about this guys...give us a little time to put an action plan together and then we will take it from there..

But Thanx again

Alsie sunny
alsieboy
alsieboy
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rapid777 Thu 02 Apr 2009, 03:45

Great thread!!!

hi griz,i wonder if u have a pic and measurements of youre spacer ? i ve got the same sssa and a 7 inch wide rim,, with the same section tyre as u have... best regards the newbie [/b]
rapid777
rapid777
BSB Racer

Number of posts : 463
My bike(s) : HONDA SC28
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbikefinder Thu 02 Apr 2009, 04:18

rapid777 wrote:Great thread!!!

hi griz,i wonder if u have a pic and measurements of youre spacer ? i ve got the same sssa and a 7 inch wide rim,, with the same section tyre as u have... best regards the newbie [/b]

Velkommen om bord,

kan du putte en tråd i CBR900 delen av sykkel for oss å se norsk stil?

Takk

sunny
fastbikefinder
fastbikefinder
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Thu 02 Apr 2009, 08:07

rapid777 wrote:Great thread!!!

Hi rappid & welcome aboard!

I'll post up a pic later, the most important thing is to use a hubcentric spacer that will fit up properly inside your wheel & keep things stable. I am using universal spacers, I started off with a 25mm spacer & then bought some 3mm & 5mm spacers to see what was needed, I ended up with 35mm in total.

I just though your offset maybe different to mine which will throw everything out, my wheel has a offset of 38 is yours the same?
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rapid777 Thu 02 Apr 2009, 11:33

ohh i swear i saw u had a 40+ offset? huh maybe i had this from one of aussiefighters tread, oh well mine is 40+ and my spacer is 30mm,, i ll sort out the measurements my self after my rubber has arrived to my doorstep. thanks for the reply and wish me luck heh??
rapid777
rapid777
BSB Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Thu 02 Apr 2009, 11:56

rapid777 wrote:ohh i swear i saw u had a 40+ offset? huh maybe i had this from one of aussiefighters tread, oh well mine is 40+ and my spacer is 30mm,, i ll sort out the measurements my self after my rubber has arrived to my doorstep. thanks for the reply and wish me luck heh??

Ok no worries, it'll only be a couple of mm out so it shouldn't be a big problem. What size tyre are you fitting?
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rapid777 Thu 02 Apr 2009, 20:43

My brain said 200 but my eyes said 210 and of course a Metzeler 210/50 ZR17

i thought 200 was the best result for the wheel to line up in center with less offset .it is but changed my mind, when i saw how ugly it was, the rim edge sticking out and looks a bit scary even to lean with the 210 is KING
rapid777
rapid777
BSB Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by rapid777 Thu 02 Apr 2009, 20:47

woohooo my rubber has just arrived lalala
rapid777
rapid777
BSB Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Thu 02 Apr 2009, 21:02

rapid777 wrote:My brain said 200 but my eyes said 210 and of course a Metzeler 210/50 ZR17

i thought 200 was the best result for the wheel to line up in center with less offset .it is but changed my mind, when i saw how ugly it was, the rim edge sticking out and looks a bit scary even to lean with the 210 is KING

Yeah I started off by fitting a 200 but it wasn't very round on the edges & I didn't fancy using it either so I went with the 210 too, it looks awesome fitted & I'm really looking forward to going for a blast!

Hehe were using the same rubber! lol

rapid777 wrote:woohooo my rubber has just arrived lalala

Its a lovely thing aint it mate! eyebrow
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbikefinder Fri 03 Apr 2009, 00:26

screwy

whistle

rofl
fastbikefinder
fastbikefinder
MotoGP Legend