www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.
www.firebladeriders.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arneside ride out

5 posters

Go down

Arneside ride out Empty Arneside ride out

Post by JT Sun 18 Mar 2012, 08:59

Now then

Saturday 17th March and I went for petrol at 07:00 so I had a full tank for the day and it was bone dry . Came back home to wait until my mate Phil arrived.

Arneside ride out Iphonepics199

Then it started to rain tongueout not too much actually but it made the roads very damp so we were tip toeing a bit through Masham and Leyburn onto Hawes. The combination of rain and farm shite on the roads made the bikes look like we'd been through a plowed field when we got to the Pennygarth cafe at Hawes hammer

Arneside ride out Iphonepics200

Arneside ride out Iphonepics201

Arneside ride out Iphonepics203

Aid (carioca656) arrived just as I'd ordered the coffees and bacon sarnies I think he'd been waiting round the corner A few scooter boy's went through Hawes so we thought we might see some along our route because they must've been going to meet at the coast somewhere. A quick bite and then we decided to ride via Sedburgh to Devil's Bridge because we had plenty of time. The roads were pretty much the same as we'd had already, maybe a little drier so we made decent progess and at that time of day on a saturday, virtually no traffic dance

About two miles before we got to Devil's Bridge the heavens opened. There was no sprinkle on the visor building into a heavy downpour, oh no, it came without notice like a biblical storm badmood badmood and when we got into the thick of it, hailstones wintercold it didn't last long though thank god, over and done in about a minute, long enough mind. Got to the bridge and it was bone dry Cool

There was a couple of Scooter's at the Bridge and one was a Lambretta from 1956, immaculate it was and the guy had been all round Italy on it to Scooter meets affraid Must've been a slow 'carry on' that like and a pain in the arse, literally arse

Off again after a chat and onto Arneside. The roads were now dry and the sun was out as we road along the side of the estuary to Ye Olde Fighting Cocks in Arneside Cool

We arrived at 11:30 and Matt was already there in his 'Off roader' (ahem ) and walked into the pub to wait for the rest. Ste and Ryan turned up and that was everyone who'd bothered to make the effort I turned my phone off at this point because there was a certain fA Cup match I didn't want to know the result of so I could watch it when I got home. We chatted and took the piss, as you do and had a very nice lunch.

From the pub we rode round to Carnforth and onto Devil's Bridge for a brew in glorious sunshine and good country roads punk

After our cuppa we all parted company and made our way home. Aid off 'on his todd' heading North, Ste and Ryan South and Phil and myself East. thumbup

JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1589
Male Age : 59
My bike(s) : 01 Yamaha XJR1300SP
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Back to top Go down

Arneside ride out Empty Re: Arneside ride out

Post by chilli Sun 18 Mar 2012, 09:35

Cracking write up there JT, funny tho, cos this is the 2nd time this weekend ive heard or read about Devils Bridge...may be its an Omen..
chilli
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3876
Male Age : 65
My bike(s) : yep!
Registration date : 2007-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart Sun 18 Mar 2012, 19:43

Nice roads, when the weather is good. The seat on the XJR looks comfy for both rider & passenger.Arneside ride out 964788

I'm hoping to get out with a pal who has a Fazer 1000 tomorrow - weather permitting, & this is 1 of our runs out.
stuart
stuart
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 2823
Male Age : 68
My bike(s) : Tiger 800
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Sun 18 Mar 2012, 20:07

stuart wrote:The seat on the XJR looks comfy for both rider & passenger.Arneside ride out 964788

Now then Stuart

It is Mate, almost all day comfort, two up and great for touring thumbup
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1589
Male Age : 59
My bike(s) : 01 Yamaha XJR1300SP
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahren Mon 19 Mar 2012, 16:44

Was at Devils meself with a couple of mates on Sunday , bit sad to hear that a 63 year old rider crashed and died just up the road a few mins after we landed no other vehicle involved so it was either speed or road debris.

Was gonna go to Devils on Saturday but my youngest son has just passed his CBT and got a Honda CBF125, he wanted me to chaparone him acroos Blackpool to Clevelys where he works, he was worried about roundabouts etc....we had one drunk walk out in front of us and a car driver blatantly run a red light at high speed Arneside ride out 653735. Then went on to Fleetwood Yamaha dealer where i managed to pick up a new airfilter...seeing as none of the dealers here had any in stock :(

I ran into wet roads near the M6 Roundabout leading off to Devils so i figure that must be the downpour u mentioned JT lol glad i missed it.

All in all a good weekend over 300 miles covered and £40 in fuel lol might get better MPG now with new filter.
Fahren
Fahren
MotoGP Rider

Number of posts : 827
Male Age : 57
My bike(s) : CBR900RRX
Registration date : 2010-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by CBR Monkey Mon 19 Mar 2012, 19:12

I like the look of the XJR, looks like a proper muscle bike. Good write up, sounds like a fantstic day!
CBR Monkey
CBR Monkey
BSB Racer

Number of posts : 367
Male Age : 46
My bike(s) : CBR900RR, CB400/4, NC29
Registration date : 2010-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down