www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.
www.firebladeriders.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May

4 posters

Go down

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May Empty JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May

Post by JT Sun 12 Feb 2012, 18:57

Now then

1st Bank Holiday w.end in May, Sat 5th - Mon 7th

As in the last two years, all FBR members are invited to my ride out this year on Sunday 6th May. That'll give the Saturday for people to ride here, Sunday ride out from the Vale of York pub, Carlton Miniott, Thirsk, from about 09:30/10:00 till around 16:00 -17:00 and into the pub on the night for a drink drinking and talk some bollox, Laughing then the Monday for people to get home.

Come and enjoy the beatiful scenery and stunning roads. Guaranteed No fixed speed camera's, no traffic jams and maximum enjoyment dance

Last year's write up here :- http://www.firebladeriders.org/t7599-n-yorks-ride-out-sun-29th-may

Everyone welcome , plenty of B&B's nearby :-

Vale of York pub & B&B where we'll ride out from:
http://www.valeofyorkpub.co.uk/contact.html

Linden Tree, over the road from the Vale of York
http://www.visitlindentree.co.uk/index.html

The Poplars, over the road from the Vale of York
http://www.thepoplarsthirsk.com/index.php

The Old Red House pub, 5 mins walk from the Vale
http://www.oldredhouse.com/page8.html

Camp sites are few and far between around Carlton Miniott I'm afraid.

cheers thumbup

JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1589
Male Age : 59
My bike(s) : 01 Yamaha XJR1300SP
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Back to top Go down

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May Empty Re: JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May

Post by wes Sun 12 Feb 2012, 19:02

Thats a really good post JT, im already away at the bmad paignton, otherwise it would be a very inviting offer, cheers sunny
wes
wes
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 2089
Male Age : 55
My bike(s) : 98 rrw 954 track bike
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May Empty Re: JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May

Post by JT Sun 12 Feb 2012, 19:29

Cheers wes Smile

You're welcome Mate thumbup
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chilli Sun 12 Feb 2012, 22:14

Not sure as yet if i'll be able to do this one mate, will let you know in due course.
chilli
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3876
Male Age : 65
My bike(s) : yep!
Registration date : 2007-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Mon 13 Feb 2012, 21:40

Now then chilli

No probs thumbup
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Sun 11 Mar 2012, 08:14

Bump

in two months time dance
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Tue 03 Apr 2012, 18:45

Bump

4 weeks this w.end dance
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Sun 29 Apr 2012, 21:59

Bump

A week to go, fingers crossed the weather improves dance
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chilli Sun 29 Apr 2012, 22:49

Its a deffo NO from me this time JT..Maybe next time mate.... have a ggod'n tho.
chilli
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart Mon 30 Apr 2012, 09:03

I've just realised the 5th is my birthday, so there's no chance of me being able to do it. The family have something "special" planned, as I was born in 56 & will be 56 that day.

Don't know how it all slipped my mind - must be the bloody age.
stuart
stuart
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 2823
Male Age : 68
My bike(s) : Tiger 800
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Fri 04 May 2012, 22:35

Now then

Zigzag arrived from Luton shortly before Bob and Sara from Essex. Both had a decent journey up with little rain. Bit of tea and we're just chillin' with a sherbert or two JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May Icon_biggrin

Waiting for Gavin to arrive from Brighton around midnight JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May 48439
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chilli Fri 04 May 2012, 22:48

Nice one JT, hope this lovely weather holds out for you guys.
chilli
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Mon 07 May 2012, 21:13

Now then

Fri 4th May
Gavin had made great time and arrived at 23:40 last night. Quick hello’s and a cuppa then we all headed for bed JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May Icon_smile

Sat 5th
First thing to do was sort my snapped exhaust flange stud. Gavin, Bob, Gary and myself squeezed into the Mini and went into town where I bought an 8mm ‘tap’ under instruction from the engineer’s in the group, Gavin, Bob & Gary JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May Icon_wink from a local tool shop. We popped into Teasedales bike shop while we were out and about and had a quick gander before heading back.

When we got home, Lesley and Sara had a ride to Northallerton and a look around the high street, which was filled with the fair (I had told them JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May Icon_rolleyes ). In my garage back at home, Gavin set about tapping the threads out in the engine block. It didn’t take long and in went the new stud, courtesy of Filo (cheers Daz JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May Icon_thumright ). Exhaust fitted, bike started and all was ‘hunky Dory’, Thanx Lads JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May Applause . We decided to stay at home instead of getting the train to York or Northallerton and wait to greet the Saturday arrivals. Wee Al rolled up around 15:00. He’d had a good ride down, in the dry but had had to remove his throttle grip at Penrith which had come loose. TonyD called round and met the attendees present then shot off for a spin and would see us tomorrow. Sara, Gavin and I took next doors dogs out for a walk. Our neighbour’s were away for the weekend and their middle daughter, who was staying at home, isn’t that good at walking them, youngun’s eh JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May Icon_lol
Freddy and Marylin arrived next on their Yellow XJR. They could’ve been father and daughter when they took their helmets off with Marylins new super trendy hair do JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May Icon_hug They let us into a nice surprise that JohnP and Helen were coming for the weekend, the little Scotch tw*t hadn’t told me JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May Icon_anger but I was 'capped they were comin and Sparky (Pete) was on his way with three Mates in tow.

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1255

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1256

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1257

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1259

We arranged to meet at the Red House pub, just over the railway bridge from the Vale of York, to have a drink and watch the FA Cup final then come back to ours for a ‘slingout’. The pub was heaving because it was race day at Thirsk Racecourse and loads of race goers had come to the pub to watch the footy. We found some room, out the way, didn’t really get to see any of the match other than the goals but it didn’t matter, we were all immersed in our own talking bollox to each other as per usual JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May Icon_cool . Pete’s Mates were Martin, Matt and Ryan who came up to the pub after booking into their rooms at the Vale. Nick and Jane had arrived in the afternoon and must’ve been having holiday sex or something JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May Icon_wink cause they didn’t tell anyone they'd arrived and came down the pub when I rang.
Town was going to be so busy, as per normal on a race day so we had to get organised for food. We took the local Chinese and Indian menus to the pub and got everyone to choose what they prefered then ordered it for 19:00 pick up. £72 worth of Indian and £68 of Chinese for the 17 of us was the damage. Lesley and Gavin went for the takeaway’s and the rest of us strolled back to our house. We’d borrowed plates from next door because we wouldn’t have enough and I got everyone a drink while the girls handed out the food to their respective owners. I think everyone got a seat and with the food finished, the drinking continued.

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1260

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1261

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1262

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1263

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1264

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1267

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1265
JohnP in Gavins trainers JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May Icon_lol

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1266

I’d moved the blade out of the garage and into the garden to make room for the visiting bikes, then covered it over. The young lads were interested in what was under the cover so I unveiled the blade, they were suitably impressed which was nice and I‘d had a couple of drinks, not that that made any difference but grabbed the key and warmed the Blade before giving it a damn good rev thrashing with no baffle in JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May Icon_twisted . Lesley wasn't impressed and came out, turned it off and confiscated the key . Not to be out done, I got Gavin’s key and with his permission, started doing the same to his bike in the garage JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May Icon_razz . I didn't go oveerboard and with grins on faces we retired to the house for more drink JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May Icon_thumright . Everyone left to go to their dig’s by 23:30 and we retired to our beds at midnight. Gary had stayed at ours for the fri night but was booked into the Vale for Sat and Sun night’s. Wee Al slept downstairs on the new airbed and it did the trick as far as I know.

Sun 6th
Me and Gavin had decided to get up early and walk the dog’s before the ride out so I gave him a knock at 05:30 and off we went. There was a good ground frost but that made for a beautiful bright morning and the dog’s loved it. They are both border collies but Max is the older at 5 years and Blackie is just 6 months old. There is a good walk that takes about an hour from our house, round a pond and caravan site, over three foot bridges, through fields and a wood and back round past the same caravan site and over the last field to the bottom of our street. We saw a deer while out walking this particular morning, not unusual in itself but still beautiful to see and it had a good look at us and the dog’s from a distance before dancing off over the frost covered fields and hedges with the grace of a swallow in flight.

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1268
Blackie

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1269

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1274

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1276

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1277
Max oblivious to his audience

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1280

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1281

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1283

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1284

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1287

Back at home, everyone started to rise from their pit’s to greet the day with the excitement that a rideout bring’s. Assorted breakfasts were had and then Ste arrived, straight from night shift ! He had a coffee and some toast as we got the bikes out of the garage and lined them up for a quick photo on the drive.

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1288

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1289

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1290

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1292

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1293

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1294

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1295

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1296

Al went to the Vale where we were all meeting for the rideout, as Me, Gavin, Bob and Ste went to tesco’s for petrol. Bikes started arriving and filling the car park out front of the pub and they were :-
Me & Lesley XJR
Bob & Sara (Bob600) CB1300s
Gavin Triumph Speed Triple (butchered LOl)
Wee Al CB1300
Ste Triumph Street Triple
Gary (Zigzag) XJR
Freddy & Marylin XJR
JohnP & Helen Hayabusa
Nick & Jane XJR
Martin (625Martin) BMW GS1200
TonyD XJR
Pete (Sparky) and mates; ZZR1400
Martin Triumph Tiger
Matt KTM650 Duke
Luke. Hornet 600
Andy (Dalton) XJR
Local’s;
Dave 1200 Bandit
Tom Tuono
Barry Ducati 1100 Monster
Joe Blade

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1297

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1298

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1299

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1300

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1303

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1304

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1305

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1306

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1308

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1310

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1311

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1312

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1313

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1314

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1315

In all, 20 bikes set off from the Vale and within a mile a Mate from work Phil and his wife Tracey on their brand new BMW 1600GLS, who had warned me they would be running late, joined us, perfect timing and so there were 21 line astern as we left Carlton Miniott JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May Eusa_dance .

tbc
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chilli Mon 07 May 2012, 21:26

Cracking write up JT and im pleased to read that you all started the weekend off with an orgy... Laughing
chilli
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart Tue 08 May 2012, 09:42

Excellent turn out.

Good write up, always makes me smile, and nice selection of bikes & pics.
stuart
stuart
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 2823
Male Age : 68
My bike(s) : Tiger 800
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Tue 08 May 2012, 21:46

Cont....

It was cool, nay cold, as we made our way South from Carlton Miniott to Topcliffe then Dalton but there was no wind, which had made it feel even cooler yesterday, the sun was shining and we were riding our bikes, magic. Along the 2 mile straight past Topcliffe barracks, 20 bikes in the mirrors was a great sight. We were using the 2nd man drop off riding system which again proved to be the best system of riding, keeping a group together, as long as the rear gunner sweeps everyone up and doesn’t pass the lead rider, eh Ste, oh, and no riders try the ‘chinese whispers’ communication system, eh Gary . I kept us on back roads, away from bank holiday traffic as much as possible and we rode through some beautiful countryside and took in some classic local landmarks including the White Horse of Kilburn, the Carlisle Monument near Castle Howard, the replica Eleanor cross at Sledemere, the Hole of Horcum, Fylingdales radar base and Chimney Bank at Rosedale.

We rode along unnamed and B roads all with decent surfaces. We came through a series of bends with Martin behind and a girl on a horse was waving her arm to slow us down. I’ve got standard cans on my XJR and it’s as quiet as a mouse and I’d come to a virtual standstill but the horse started spinning round and rearing up a bit. Apparently she was all over the place and had to dismount to keep control of it. On through Coxwold and by the lovely calm lake with a beautiful single swan, gliding along with it’s wing’s fanned out perfectly, straight off a kids fairground ride. As we came up through Four Acre Wood just before Yearsley and being followed by Dalton, a deer ran across the road. I slowed right down because they usually travel in pairs but no other appeared I was happy to see. On to Brandsby and then swing round into Hovingham. Immediately out of Hovingham heading South we skirted round Castle Howard and rode past the Carlisle Monument. An impressive monumental column in honour of George Howard VIIth Earl of Carlisle. A quick squirt for about ½ a mile along the A64 and then off onto a 5 mile stretch of a perfectly formed, smooth road with sweeping bends to die for, into Stamford Bridge. 10 miles out of Stamford Bridge, on the A166 towards Bridlington is The Seaways Bikers Cafe and our first scheduled stop.

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1320

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1321

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1322

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1323

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1324

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1325

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1327

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1328

Another lad from Thirsk joined us here, Mike, who was riding a Repsol Blade.
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Wed 09 May 2012, 04:12

Cont......

Ste had been awake for 22 & ½ hours at this point JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May Respekt

We had a coffee, cake, smoke, toilet and chat break and taught Wee Al how to open a ‘bog’ door JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May Icon_lol then got the troops together and headed for our lunch break at Whitby. We nipped along the B1251 to Sledemere then took the B1253 where Tom followed us through Duggleby, which has a great downhill, open chicane entrance to the village, followed by a demanding tight left, uphill and away again. You rise up for a few hundred yards then drop into a medium tight downhill right immediately into a very tight steeper downhill left which then opens out carrying on down hill through a medium right then after a short straight there is a 90 degree left that leads to a ‘t’ junction. Not a long road but very technical and packs a lot into a short distance JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May Icon_cool . We made our way into Malton via Norton and then turned right onto the B1257 which changes into the A169 at the A64 and took us along into Pickering. The sun was still shining and no signs of rain in the sky or on the road at this point. This stretch was eerily quiet on a Bank Holiday Sunday for some reason but we sure weren’t complaining. We went straight through Pickering staying on the A169 and made good progress on the now more open roads. Phil and Tracey were on shotgun now and we ploughed on up to the Hole of Horcom, a natural hollow in the landscape off to the left which legend has it, was caused by a Giant, scooping the earth away. The road follows the ‘hole’ left downhill into a downhill hairpin right which then opens out, skirting left around a pub getting a refurb and you can pile the coals on soon after, charging up and onto the moors proper. I could see pockets of rain falling in the distance, left and right and was resigned to at best, coming across wet roads.
This road has two bits that drop down into hollows and then rise out the other side. The first is the tighter of the two in the bottom, as you go slight right , over a small dry stone walled bridge then round a tight left and uphill into the sky. There are no hedges or walls at this point and is so open you can take a line of cars round this whole section JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May Icon_twisted . On past the turning to Goatland, the village of Aidensfield in Heartbeat and downhill again into Sleights, where a wagon had run into a front garden through a wall in the 30mph village and the police and services were attempting to remove it.
We turned right at the ‘t’ junction onto the A171 and down into Whitby. I pulled into the first petrol station so we would all be filled up ready for the off after our fish ‘n’ chips. At this point it was noticed that Phil and Tracey had not arrived and Ste my reargunner and Matt were missing. Matt had dropped into a petrol station in Malton and Ste had stayed with him, which we agreed he would do at the start of the day. Only thing was, Gary had noticed this, rode on and arrived at the next turn where Bob and Sara were pointing the direction to follow. What with ear plugs, buff’s, helmets etc, the message was misconstrued and they both headed off to catch us up. Ste and Matt had got to that roundabout and no one was to be seen so followed the signs to Whitby. They never saw the 20 bikes in the petrol staion they passed JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May Wacko , easily done when you’ve been awake for 25 hours I suppose JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May Icon_biggrin . Tom nipped back a junction to bring Phil and Tracey and we bobbed down to the station, a favourite bike parking area in Whitby. Fish ‘n chips and lemon tops were the order of the day, in what was now warmer sunshine, in the middle of the day.

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1329

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1330

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1331

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1332

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1333

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1334

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1335

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1336

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1337

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1338

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1339

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1340

tbc
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Wed 09 May 2012, 06:10

Cont.....

Bob and Sara were a bit tired and so decided to go straight back to ours from Whitby and Freddy and Marylin and John and Helen stayed on in Whitby to have a look around and chill out a bit. Ste needed petrol so I gave him directions to the petrol station we would be passing on our way out and he would tag on the back there. Wee Al was a little behind (sic) and hadn’t fastened his helmet properly.
Ste had come out of the garage and was waiting for everyone to come past. Tom came by him and held up 3 fingers, Ste took this as 3 more to come. Al had not got as far as Ste and had pulled over to sort his helmet out. He was now the last man but when 2 others cam past Ste and there was no one else in sight Ste thought Tom had meant three, including himself so set off believing he was last man. By the time Al got on the road again we were out of site and a wrong turning at a roundabout meant he would never catch up. He carried on the Guisborough road until seeing the signs for Thirsk and landed back at ours not long after Bob and Sara.

We had headed for Guisborough but then turned off left to Lealholm and from there took an almost single track road over the moors to Rosedale Abbey. Matt followed us over this stretch and the road was made for his KTM. Here we turned for Chimney Bank, a 1in3 hill with two harpins thrown in for good measure. Up we rode and the views from the top behind you are spectacular. We didn’t stop but carried on to Hutton Le Hole, a lovely, quaint little, wide open village with sheep grazing wild and the sheep shit on the road to prove it JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May Icon_lol . Out of Hutton Le Hole and a short blast then right onto the A170. Through Kirkbymoorside and into Helmsley for a stop. Helmsley was busy but not many bikes were there. We fitted into the parking spaces available and not JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May Wicked while we had a chat and a drink. Next up was the B1257, the infamous Helmsley TT, enough said JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May Icon_twisted .
Mike stayed with me and Lesley and we had a short wait in Great Broughton till the majority arrived then another short wait at Stokesley roundabout, where Phil and Tracey peeled off for home, before we headed for Coulby Newham on the B1365, a great little stretch of road which, like so many others in North Yorkshire is a gem and has just about everything to test a bike and rider. We took the A1044 to Yarm and then onto the very quiet B1264 through Low Worsall where Luke followed us on his sweet sounding Hornet for a few miles and being only new to biking, like his Mate Matt, rode the day at a very good pace without incident, as far as I know JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May Icon_cool .
We joined the fast, open A167 road from Darlington to Northallerton and were there in no time. The last stretch I took us on was the A167, which is more like a B road to be fair but never the less, is a crackin stretch of tarmac rolling left and right without hampering progress, covering 10 miles and visiting two villages in the process. I stretched the XJR’s legs along this road and we pulled into The Vale car park just about 17:00, 7 and ½ hours after setting off. One or two had stopped at the last petrol station to fill up and Martin on the Tiger found his own way back JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May Icon_lol .
I dropped Lesley down the street at home and shot back for a quick pint sat outside the Vale and then we all headed home to get ready for some grub. Lesley had prepared jacket tatties, Bolognese and garlic bread for 17 ! and most of it went with just enough left for my lunch on the Monday ha ha.

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1346

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1347

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1348

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1349

Those that were interested watched the MotoGP race I’d recorded then it was a quick shower and up to the pub again for the evening’s entertainment.
We commandeered the pool room because there was quite a few still in the bar from a christening that had been on and it was the perfect size for us. Ste got thrashed off Jane in pool and Barry had the brilliant idea of a game of Killer. 25 of us started at a pound a ‘man’ (or woman) and Gary was last man standing and won the £25 prize.

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1351

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1352

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1353

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1354

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1355

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1360

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1362

Julian, the landlord brought out plate fulls of sarnies, pork pies, sausage rolls and pizza’s at 21:30 which went down a storm and then we retired to the bar next door where my Mate Brian was running Karaoke and had a bit of a sing to finish the night off. People started to leave and head for their beds and Lesley, me, Al, Dalton and Ste ( who had now been awake for 38 bloody hours, was now full of drink and still standing, what a man --) were last to leave the bar at 02:00.
Oh, forgot, Gary was still there, chatting up two birds, er, but that’s another story.

Monday morning came and after breakfast everyone made their way home, one by one. Most came down to ours to say goodbye and Gary was last to leave, around 15:00, last night took some recovering for him.

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1367

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1369

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1370

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1372

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1373

and Andy helped with the washing up JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May Icon_wink

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1375

JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May SAM_1376

It just leaves me to say, as usual, it’s the people that make meets and ride outs as special as they are and this weekend is a perfect example of that. Great company, great ride, weather and craic. Thank you to everyone who turned up, especially those who travelled from afar, Nick and Jane from the Isle of Wight were the furthest travelled I reckon and here’s to the next one, JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May Respekt to all JT's N.Yorks ride out Sat 5th - Mon 7th May Icon_thumright

Cheers
JT & Lesley
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down