www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.
www.firebladeriders.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vosges,France

3 posters

Go down

Vosges,France Empty Vosges,France

Post by rocky Wed 10 Oct 2007, 23:13

Hi Kids, wow a new site.Not been here for a while.Bikeless you see,plug #2 decided to rocket launch itself out of cylinder head. ouch ,cost me a pretty penny too.Worst thing the garage who shall remain nameless had the bike for nearly 2 months .
Anyhoo got bike back and itching to ride.Also happened i had an involuntary week off due to being self-employed.After some deliberation and not finding riding buddies at such short notice saw me booking a ferry via internet on Monday afternoon and making off by meself 3.30 am Tuesday morning Destinazion Frogland.

After scanning French weather reports on net i decided to chase the sun and head for Annecy.Armed with gps(garmin quest),heated waiscoat(klan)soft panniers(givi)and double bubble screen i hacked through some wet stuff all day to gladly see the sun come through in the afternoon.I stopped at a lovely place called Bourg-en-Bresse for the night and had the best steak i,ve ever had in my life for dinner
[imVosges,France Sales030
g][/iVosges,France Franceoctober2007006

mg]I rode a loop of mountain roads round Annecy to Albertville and back up past lake Geneva .
[imVosges,France Franceoctober2007008g]

[/imVosges,France Franceoctober2007009g]

Then taking a motorway along lake Geneva and back into France at Pontarlier and stopping for the night at Besancon because thats as far as i was when night fell and got stung 100 Euro for a hotel room.Oh also got charged 30Euro Swiss tax! at the border just for using their motorway for a couple of hours.

Next day saw me arrive at the Vosges which is a tree covered mountain range somewhat lower than the Alps.Its not far from Nancy.I chose this area as i,d left it a bit late for an Alpine trip weather wise and the Vosges were closer for the homebound trip.I think this area is also known as the Alsace region

[img]Vosges,France Franceoctober2007029
[/img]Vosges,France Franceoctober2007013

I didn,t expect much from this area roadwise but wow was i wrong, Loads of sweepers through the forests ,hairpins galore ,esses , you name it ,and the weather held out for the next 2 days i spent here.
The area is very popular with bikers with biker freindly restaurants at the top of the mountains,which cater for skiers in the winter.
[img]Vosges,France Franceoctober2007007

[/img][img][/img]
Vosges,France Franceoctober2007034

It gets a bit misty at the top of the peaks.

Vosges,France Franceoctober2007032

The best place i stayed,Le Collet on the main pass where all the action is 60 Euro per night and very freindly.I shot past it thinking it looked to expensive.

Vosges,France Franceoctober2007043

Vosges,France Franceoctober2007041

The owner of this cafe had a Duc 996 ,and he embarresingly blew me away on one of the roads that afternoon.

Vosges,France Franceoctober2007046

I can recommend this area ,for 2 days stay as its not that big but there are some good loops and its not too far.The food wasn,t as good as the lower Alpine regions ,even so i would like to return around next year maybe June/July
If anyones up for it let me know as i,m quite flexible work wise and i can meet you along the way .I didn,t plan this trip or book anything ,it was just an off-the -cuff getaway which turned out good.

[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img]

Last edited by on Thu 11 Oct 2007, 07:02; edited 5 times in total
rocky

Number of posts : 3
Male Age : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Back to top Go down

Vosges,France Empty Re: Vosges,France

Post by rocky Wed 10 Oct 2007, 23:21

rocky

Number of posts : 3
Male Age : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by fleurdelyes Thu 11 Oct 2007, 16:56

That looks great. I may well take you up on going next year, I am looking for somewhere to go on me bik !!! Great photo's aswell.
fleurdelyes
fleurdelyes
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1158
Male Age : 59
My bike(s) : Silver 929
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by legins Thu 11 Oct 2007, 17:57

Nic pics rocky looks like you had a blast wish i could just go and catch a ferry good on ya mate
legins
legins
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1051
Male Age : 59
My bike(s) : 93 Blade but hunting for an 06 Blade
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down