www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.
www.firebladeriders.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best place for Ballast..............Not the stone type !

3 posters

Go down

Best place for Ballast..............Not the stone type ! Empty Best place for Ballast..............Not the stone type !

Post by Haggler ®™ Tue 29 Nov 2011, 21:39

Hi guys
Perhaps we should call this section "Hagglers Fetling Corner"
Anyhow...........I,ll be fitting a HID kit sometime maybe next week and I thought I,d ask around if anyone knows a neat place to fit the Slim line Ballast on my 06 RR?
Has anyone experimented with fitting to the Low beam & High beam ?
Of those who have fitted to the Low beam side,does it make starting a problem as the light comes on with just ignition on?

I,ve already decided I,ll fit it to my Low beam as I tend to do most of my riding using low beam and hardly ever manage to use High beam (just too damn lazy I expect)

Your thoughts please guys.................you,ve got untill the w/end to stop me from doing it!!!.............I,m in Milton K's Thursday/Friday so wont be getting the spanners out till afterwards. woot

PS............yes yes I know all about MOT time etc etc...............I,ll carry a spare OE bulb just incase Plod gives me a tug lol.
Haggler ®™
Haggler ®™
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 1243
Male Age : 65
My bike(s) : CBR RR6......BLACK
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Back to top Go down

Best place for Ballast..............Not the stone type ! Empty Re: Best place for Ballast..............Not the stone type !

Post by danidge Wed 30 Nov 2011, 09:51

i had them in my rrs and i just hid the ballasts underneath the fuse cover and the same on the other side, the main reason i installed them was because of the dark tint headlight protector. Once they were on the were better than my normal lights with the protector on.
i wanna put some on my rr4 too but will probably just stick with dipped beam. as for where to put them,, ive got the same problem as you till i get used to the bike. lol
danidge
danidge
MotoGP Rider

Number of posts : 913
Male Age : 34
My bike(s) : cbr900rr urban tiger - sold now have an awesome RR4
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Best place for Ballast..............Not the stone type ! Empty Re: Best place for Ballast..............Not the stone type !

Post by scotty80 Wed 30 Nov 2011, 11:25

there is just enough room behind the left hand panel its a bit of a fiddle but should be ok for you did this mod on a pauls rr6
scotty80
scotty80
Website/Forum Owner
Website/Forum Owner

Number of posts : 846
Male Age : 43
My bike(s) : 97 rrv
Registration date : 2009-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by danidge Wed 30 Nov 2011, 16:11

cheers george (Y) as long as we know there is room it should be pretty straight forward Smile
danidge
danidge
MotoGP Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Haggler ®™ Tue 06 Dec 2011, 20:29

Just a few pics of fitting .

New bulb taped n fitted in Dip Beam side

Best place for Ballast..............Not the stone type ! HIDfittingBlade011

Left side panel removed and Slim Ballast and wiring fitted (well most of it )

Best place for Ballast..............Not the stone type ! HIDfittingBlade002

Best place for Ballast..............Not the stone type ! HIDfittingBlade008

And just for everyones information.........Here are a load of Earth wires just incase anyone wants to know,also if you look near the HID ballast you,ll find a YELLOW plug...........More earths that Mr Honda uses for fault finding,they corrod like hell so keep an eye on them

Best place for Ballast..............Not the stone type ! HIDfittingBlade009

The only problem I,ve encounted is that the HID fires up when the ignition is switched on and then it goes out when cranking the starter,I knew this would be an issue so I,m fitting a little switch to only allow the HID to fire up once the engine is burbling .
Haggler ®™
Haggler ®™
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 1243
Male Age : 65
My bike(s) : CBR RR6......BLACK
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by danidge Tue 06 Dec 2011, 22:42

nice one haggler Smile where did you get the kit from?
danidge
danidge
MotoGP Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum