www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.
www.firebladeriders.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nordschleife over Easter

+5
mr pie
Haggler ®™
CBR Monkey
kevb
JT
9 posters

Go down

Nordschleife over Easter Empty Nordschleife over Easter

Post by JT Wed 20 Apr 2011, 13:44

Now then

Off to 'The Ring' for Easter, me and 6 Mates including Wee Al from FBR and me mate Gavin who has the Speed Triple with no back end Laughing

Weather look's good, can't wait to set off. The meeting up and the ride there and back are all part of the fun happyahh

Now where's me anti radar suit and paint evil
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1589
Male Age : 59
My bike(s) : 01 Yamaha XJR1300SP
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Back to top Go down

Nordschleife over Easter Empty Re: Nordschleife over Easter

Post by kevb Wed 20 Apr 2011, 17:50

Sound great ! I want to go this year Nordschleife over Easter 148544
kevb
kevb
Superstock Racer

Number of posts : 221
Male Age : 55
My bike(s) : 06 Blade , RD 250 LC
Registration date : 2011-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by CBR Monkey Wed 20 Apr 2011, 17:55

You lucky bugger, hope you enjoy it....!

I went about 10 years ago with 5 mates and had a great time, spent several days getting there via various different countries, two days at the ring and touring the roads around it, and then several days coming home via several countries.

The only hotel we had booked was the one at the ring, the rest of the time we just picked a good road followed it and then found a hotel at the end of the day, it was great just following wherever the sun was shining and we ended up staying in some mint little towns and villages that we never knew where there. We also ended up in having 2 mad days in Frieberg where there was a festival going on and getting absolutely hammered and having a great laugh.

Best holiday ever!
CBR Monkey
CBR Monkey
BSB Racer

Number of posts : 367
Male Age : 46
My bike(s) : CBR900RR, CB400/4, NC29
Registration date : 2010-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Haggler ®™ Wed 20 Apr 2011, 18:25

Nordschleife over Easter Th_28052009085
Haggler ®™
Haggler ®™
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 1243
Male Age : 65
My bike(s) : CBR RR6......BLACK
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Thu 21 Apr 2011, 07:08

Kevb> Do it if you get the chance Nordschleife over Easter 18990

Monkey> Hope we have as good a time as that sound's Nordschleife over Easter 148544

Haggler> Nordschleife over Easter 939159

Speak to you all next week Nordschleife over Easter 964788
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by mr pie Thu 21 Apr 2011, 09:48

Nice one
JT,, Have a good time.... may do it next year..

mr pie
mr pie
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1251
My bike(s) : Bandit 600, CBR RR3 954
Registration date : 2008-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Haggler ®™ Thu 21 Apr 2011, 20:50

Wish I was going too..............now I,m depressed............pi55 off before I start to blubber.

Have fun .............and watch out for the tight left/right 7 mins into it........
Haggler ®™
Haggler ®™
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Mon 25 Apr 2011, 09:04

Now then

All home safe and sound. Got back 7:30 pm last night after a 620 miles trek home.

Story and pic's later Nordschleife over Easter 964788
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Mon 25 Apr 2011, 22:07

Now then

Wed 21st April

Wee Al arrived at our house from Irvine in Scotland, on his CB1300 at 19:30. I’d bought a couple of Ham and Pease pudding long bun’s because Al hadn’t had never had it. He’d heard me on about it before and asked if I could get some for him to try. So I got them and we had them with wedges for our tea. A couple of beers washed them down with a bit of chat then we were off to bed.

Thur 22nd April

I’d not had chance to get the attachment I needed to fit My sat nav onto my Blade and so at the last minute I tried the car screen sucker on the inside of my bike screen and it worked, bonus. We set off at 08:00 in bright sunshine, which thankfully was the forecast for the full weekend.

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0077

First stop was at Castleford Honda

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0078

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0081

I took the bike to have the rear footrests hanger’s removed because it’s a ‘right palaver’ having to strip the whole back end to get to the bolts and so let them do it. Worth it though, no bolt holes on view when removed and it opens the back end right up. We walked to a local café and had breakfast while they sorted the bike and a couple of hours later she was done and we were off again heading For Bob’s in Harlow.

As we approached Grantham I was ready for some grub, so pulled over at the Colsterworth junction and rode the B676 to Melton Mowbray for lunch. What a glorious road that is, think I’ve done it before but I couldn’t remember all the bends. Got my knee down in a couple of places though and felt tip top. It was pretty quiet too, which was nice. Asking a couple of young lads in the high street, where to go for a bar meal in a beer garden, they directed us to Wetherspoons. We parked over the road, in clear view of the pavement tables and chairs.

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0083

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0084

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0085

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0086

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0087

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0088

It was very hot but no complaint’s, we were very happy with that. We finished our sarnies and chips and trundled out of the centre, quietly, seen as I had my baffle out. Along the road that leads to the B676, there was a line of cars parked outside a row of houses. There was two groups of teenagers walking along the pavement enjoying the sunshine, as I got level with the first group I couldn’t resist, pulled in the clutch and twisted the throttle to the stop. Well, I nearly wet myself laughing at their reaction. They must’ve jumped two foot off the ground in shock and their faces were a picture, childish I know but good fun.

We arrived at Bob & Sara’s at 16:30

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0090

dumped our luggage, had a quick drink then Bob, with his son Jack on the back led us to The Ace Café. It was the monthly XJR meet that Thursday and we’d planned to go without telling anyone so two Northerner’s turning up would be a surprise for them all. As we pulled into the car park the XJR’s were all parked as per normal outside the left hand door’s of the café. Bob and Al parked to the right of the XJR’s but there was on place right in the middle so I pulled into that. The look’s the lad’s were giving me and then when I put the engine into the red line, they didn’t look happy at all, until I lifted my visor and they all calmed down.

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0091

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0092

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0095

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0096

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0097

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0099

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0101

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0102

It was great as usual to meet up with fellow XJR rider’s, most I knew but there was some new faces and even new members who turned up that night so it was a crackin’ night for us. We had our tea and left just after eight. I put my clear visor on just to be sure. A couple of beers and we were off to bed to be up at 04:30.

It was cool but not too bad really when we set off at 05:00. It was still dark but brightened up quickly and we’d plumbed for our black visor’s which turned out to be the right choice when the sun appeared. It was odd, riding along the M20 we’d suddenly come into a very mild patch, this happened twice and we had no idea why but it was welcomed. As we pulled up to the ferry port the other 5 lad’s who were going with us were already there. Gavin-Speed Triple, Taff-CB1300, Andy-R1, Ricky-R1 and Simon on his Blade. We had a coffee and made the introductions for those that had not met before and we made our way to our boarding lane.

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0104

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0105

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0108

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0110

It wasn’t long before we were on the Sea France ferry and off to Calais. Everyone had breakfast and before we knew it we were leaving the car deck and back on ‘Terra firma’. One thing annoyed me, it looked like someone had maybe tried to nick my sat nav. It wasn’t sucked to the screen anymore but I had cable tied it to a couple points so wether put them off I don’t know but from that moment on it wouldn’t stay sucked to the screen for more than ten miles after not moving for the 300+ miles from home to Dover via Castleford, Melton Mowbray and the Ace Café. The weather was as glorious in France as in England and so I led us away from the ferry port along the E40 towards our destination. The French sure know how to lay tarmac I thought, as I’d done every time I get off a ferry and ride in France and we made good progress to our first stop just before Leuven in Belgium.

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0113

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0114

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0116

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0118

A few tasty British reg cars pulled in as we had a drink after filling up and it turns out they were heading for ‘The Ring’ too so we had a bit of banter with them and set off on our way. Not long after this stop it went a bit pear shaped. I didn’t have the voice instructions to follow and was relying on the picture only but with it not being in a postion to read I had to keep lifting it up to look at it. That actually is a poor excuse because we knew where we were going and I just read the sign’s wrong. Not the first time and won’t be the last I’m sure. Anyway, we did a tour of a Belgian town, cobbled streets and all before getting back on the E40 and on the right route. Once we got to Aachen, we turned onto and followed the 258 right to ‘The Ring’.

It was 17:30 when we finally pulled into the car park at ‘The Ring’. We’d filtered past about 50 cars queuing to get to the car park to drive round. It was ridiculously busy. The two main car parks were full as was the overflow one on the other side of the roundabout at the entrance. More than one in two cars was a performance model of one kind or another, there was everything from a couple of old Opel Kadett’s to Lambo’s and Ferrari’s. The track was very very busy and we hung around hoping it would quiet done so we could get a lap in before it closed at 19:15. I got talking to an English lad as I went to buy four laps at the kiosk. He had some Redline vouchers which each bought a lap and he and his mates had a bloody great handful of them each. He agreed to sell some to me cheaper than we could buy laps from the kiosk so 4 of us made a deal and bought four lap’s each and saved 30 euro’s each, result. There was an announcement over the tannoy that the track was closed, as sometimes happen’s when there are a few accident’s then they close it and go recover them all at once. There must’ve been a big accident because the next announcement said they would not open the track again that day. We left and headed for Adenau to our dig’s. The road to Adenau is an absolute ‘belter’. Tarmac to die for, perfectly laid and twists and turns to rival an Alpine pass with a couple of very tight hairpin’s chucked in for good measure. Our apartment was at the track end of the small town of Adenau. It was set back off the road, on the third floor of a modern building next to the main building of the Hotel An Der Nordschleife, overlooking two café/restaurant’s which were busy with ‘Ring Goer’s’ and a hotel with an outside eating area on the other side of the road.

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0120

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0121

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0122

Right next to these was a bridge over the road which was part of the Track. We could see a bit of the track from the balcony of our apartment as it descended to the bridge and then twisted up and away from it back into the forest. Next to one of the café’s was a second entrance and exit to the track. You are about a third of the way round the 13 miles at this point but can buy 1 & 1/2 lap ticket to make it worth going on there. We didn’t find this out till during the Saturday but we know for next time.

The apartment had plenty of bed's, 13 in total in 4 room's. A bath with a shower in it and a seperate shower cubicle too, two sink's but only one tiolet which was restrictive but we managed.

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0123

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0124

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0125

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0128

We all showered and changed and went out for our evening meal. We went to the restaurant over the road and sat outside to eat because it was so warm and still bright. The food was very good and very good value too. Two large pork escalopes in breadcrumbs covered in a mushroom sauce with ‘Pommes Frites’ and side salad for less than a tenner was spot on.

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0129

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0130

tbc
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Tue 26 Apr 2011, 10:49

Looks amazing JT, nice pics and looks like a great time had................how was the riding most importantly ?

punk
Kaiser
Kaiser
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 4491
Male Age : 42
My bike(s) : HM Plant RR10, RR8 Race bike, HM Plant RR7 and a nice rotavated garden!
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Sat 30 Apr 2011, 06:23

Sat 23rd April

Forgot to mention, when we got lost yesterday, it was a good job Wee Al had his ‘tuffmap’ with him, he guided us in the right direction from there to ‘The Ring’, top man. Nordschleife over Easter Icon_thumright

We’d agreed to rise early, (for some lol) to have breakfast and get up to the entrance of ‘The Ring’ for around 08:00, when they were opening the track because yesterday was so busy and it was the w.end we wanted to make sure we at least got a lap or two without too much traffic. There had apparantly been a thunder storm during the night, I heard nowt lol and so there was a little mist hanging about and the roads were very damp but not wet.

Here is the veiw from our apartment. The track comes from the far top right hand corner down and turns left over the bridge.

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0148

Everyone was excited, a couple were worried but that’s natural when you are not a regular track rider and the roads weren’t bone dry so I tried to calm those nerves because I knew all the lads were more than capable of ‘holding their own’ on the track without any fear. All showered, off we went for breakfast in the main building of the Hotel. There was no bacon and eggs but there was scrambled egg, small chunks of fried/roast potato and hard boiled eggs which were hot then all the meats and cheese to go on toast or make sarnies with and a whole range of jam’s and spread cheeses too, as usual with a Continental breaky you just helped yourself to as much as you like, which is nice. Orange juice was on hand and coffee on the table.

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0174

There was another table of English folk up and just before we left a group of English lads turned up for breaky too, all tin top drivers there for the w.end too. Gavin had noticed one of his fork seals had leaked when we were getting off the ferry so he would try the local Honda/Yamaha bike shop in Adenau to see if they had anything that would fit a bit later in the morning.
Last visit to the ‘bog’ for some of us and we rolled the bikes out of the garages.

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0150

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0156

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0158

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0153

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0160

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0162

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0166

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0167

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0169

It was very quiet when we sparked the girls into life and made our way from the Hotel car park. A few hundred yards from the Hotel at the end of the village, we turned left and back up the L92, that crackin’ road up to the track entrance. It only lasts 2.5 miles but it seems longer because of all the bends and the Armco through the trees and the lack of any road barrier, fence, hedge or ‘cam on some corner’s keeps you real lol. There was a little dampness under the trees in parts but it was mainly dry which bode well for the track. There was already a que to get into the car park at the track but there was no hold ups and we were soon in the designated taped off ‘bike’ area in the main park, awesome. There was some awesome cars already oi the car park

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0177

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0179

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0181

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0182

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0184

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0185

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0188

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0190

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0191

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0192

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0193

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0195

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0197

Three Brit bikers were already there as well as two Swiss guy’s who’d already been round by the time we got there just after 08:00. Talking to the Swiss guys they were veteran’s on ‘The Ring’ and advised us to wait because the first half of the track was very wet from the overnight rain and they’d both had slides this morning, that was enough for us to settle and not rush out. It wasn’t easy because the sun was already blazing and high in the sky now and all around us was bone dry but we listened, which is a first lol and had a smoke or five. Gavin made his way to the bike shop and he would keep us informed of what was happening.
09:15 and I couldn’t wait any longer, I had to go. Car’s were going out and I just thought to myself if it’s damp in places I’ll ride accordingly, no problem, I don’t want to ‘bin’ me Gorgeous Blade and I’m sensible enough to realize when it’s too slippery to push. I’d gone with the baffle removed first to see if they pulled me for being too loud. You leave the car park and do a u-turn into four lanes up to the barriers next to the ticket office. The two outside lanes are for cars and the two inside lanes are for bikes, cool. You ride up to the barrier and most of the time there is a marshall to help bikers with their cards. When you buy your laps you get a ‘Ring’o card’ credit card which stores your laps and any other money you put on to spend on the complex because the diner there doesn’t accept cash or cards, only the ‘Ring’o card’ so you put money on that to buy food and drinks at that diner. When you reach the barrier you have to touch your card against the electronic ‘reader’ on a post and if you’ve got enough credit, it turns green and the barrier lifts to allow you through and onto the track. You can elect to give the marshall the card and he’ll do that for you and either put your card down your boot or give it back into your hand. I elected to keep my right glove off each time and when through the barrier there is an area you can pull to in the right and put your card away, get your glove on, sort yourself out, wait for mates etc before riding onto the track. Gavin rang and they had an oil seal in stock and could do it by 1 o’clock so his w.end was not a dead loss.
No one can do a flying lap so there is no worry of being taken out by a flying motor coming past you as you join the track but new for this year is a barrier on the track itself at the same point as the main barriers to keep waiting down to a minimum for those that wish to do another lap straight away. They are ‘coned’ off the track to join us joining the track. You follow a ‘coned’ single file lane onto the circuit, which keeps you to the right of the track for 20-30 metres and then there is a tight left right until you’re released to ride/drive round. Once out of that restriction there is a lovely fast straight you go up through the gears on, under the bridge of the infamous timing points ‘Bridge to Gantry’ at ‘The Ring’, then fast left, downhill still building speeding and back up to your first braking point and first series of bends. The track was virtually dry all the way, I only noticed a couple of potential parts that looked damp but never had a moment. It was pretty quiet on that lap and I was over the moon to recognize everywhere on it. That six weeks on GT5 on the PS3 was definitely worth it 100%. The only thing ~I noticed on that first lap was the gradients were steeper than I thought but that’s just due to the screen and nature of the game I guess. I kept talking to myself about what was coming next and I was ‘capped’ I knew the circuit very well. There were a couple of places that I didn’t know but they would come. That first lap was absolutely brilliant. To finally go round on my sports bike and get the first lap of the day under my belt was a great feeling. You come out of a quite fast long right hander onto the final 2km straight back to the car park and barrier’s exit. Not long out of that bend is the ‘Gantry’ when the car boy’s slow and keep to the right of the track because their timing for that lap has ended whereas we bikers were getting behind the screen and thrashing the nuts off our bikes right up to the que to get off the track lol. Leaving the track there everyone to a man was keeping to the right hand lane, only the odd one or two was using the left lane to go straight back to the barriers and back round. I’d just filter along the left side of the cars to the front and slip into the que there. Not once, all day did anyone complain or ‘bip’ at me because I was pushing in, spot on.
You then have to go out the entrance, around the small roundabout and back into the car park, literally seconds rather than minutes. Off the bike, some deep breaths and then talk ‘manically’ with lots of waving of arms and raised voices was the order of the day, the adrenalin level was sky high. A few more bikers arrived, there was a steady stream all day but the bike park area never got full where as the cars were struggling al day to find a space in the three car parks there are for them. We talked to the other bikers and there was a genuine feel of comradeship amongst us all. Tales from some that had been many times before were a good time killer and time passer.
Quite a crowd builds around the ticket office and the barrier lanes as people watch the bikes and cars go out and I was ready for another lap and so trickled up to the barrier. The very pleasant English speaking marshall, who’d watched me go out on my first lap came up to me and said “ I must noise test you. You are a bit loud” as a guy in the ticket office was banging on the window to tell him I must be noise tested lol. “Do you have db killer” ? Yes say’s I and had to turn around in the lanes and go back to the car park and put my baffle in lol. As I re-entered the barrier lanes I blipped the throttle so he could hear my bike. A big smile appeared on his face and I asked if he still needed to test me ? “No problem my friend” was his reply so the baffle stayed in all day. As I set off for my lap an English guy on a Blade went out in front of me. Oh good, I thought, I wonder if he know’s the track and if so I’ll follow him and perhap’s learn any particular lines to help my lap’s. HE certainly did know the track but never left me. I was riding very well, confident smooth and reading the track well. Half way round I thought of passing him and pushing on but told myself it was only my second lap and that I had all day and if I suddenly came in to a corner I wasn’t sure about I might ‘f#ck up’ so I just shadowed him at a safe distance. Back in the car park we had a bit of a chat and it turns out he’d done 280 laps over the years before this w.end. I said I hoped he was ok with me being close following him and he said it was fine, he could tell I wasn’t pushing to be past so all was good. My third lap was on my own, building more confidence and learning the track proper. It’s such a fantastic place with the surface being absolutely sublime and it takes a lot of effort and concentration for the whole 13 miles of the lap. Loose concentration for a second in the wrong place and it could all end in tears. I was getting the last corner a bit better and saw 179mph on the speedo at the end of this lap.
After another brake I set off on my fourth lap. As I set off from the car park I noticed my digital clock on the bike said 10:12 and through the barriers the guy on the Blade went infront of me and I decided I was gonna pass him if I could this time. Not many corners from the start I made my pass and carried on my good pace for the rest of the lap. There was a bit of traffic but nothing the Blade couldn’t handle and I got round cleanly. As I passed the line of traffic at the end of the straight and pulled in at the front I looked down at my clock again and it read 10:22 so I’d done a 10 min lap, car park to car park and I was well happy with that because that was my goal over the w.end and anything more would be a bonus. I did one more lap before we went down to Adenau for a break and to get out of our leathers, it was boiling hot, well into the thirties.
We got changed and went and sat on the banking near our hotel with many other’s and watched as the cars and bikes sped by down and over the bridge. It was good to see it from track side and some of the cars were very entertaining getting outta shape. I left my phone with Wee Al and he would get me coming by. I txt him I was setting off on this lap and went at it straight from the start because my tyres were warm having just ridden up from Adenau. As I went under the bridge at the start ~I noticed my clock change to 13:27 and I got a really clear lap and made very few mistakes. I still didn’t know the track inside out but enough to know where the tight bends that might catch you out were. It was a great feeling to get some corners almost perfect and had the front wheel crossed up in the air over one particular rise on the power and I’m not a wheelie man. I got the carousel about bang on and that gave me more confidence as I pushed on through the lap. I only caught and passed two cars so the timing of the lap was perfect for a fast time if I was neat. Coming out of the last turn I was going well and saw 185mph on the speedo before shutting off and braking for the line of cars. As I puled around the front of the cars into the car park I saw 13:35 on my clock, how happy was I, ecstatic.

tbc

JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Sat 30 Apr 2011, 07:54

click on this first pic for a short video

Nordschleife over Easter Th_SAM_0211

When I got off the bike I thought bloody hell, it’s very hot and it’s taking it’s toll on me, I better get some water in me, that never happened and I just carried on. Gavin arrived with his new seal in and was ready for the track so went straight out. Over the next few hours I did a few more laps, 9 in total for the day. The last one was littered with accidents and I was nearly taken out while passing a 911 so called it a day finishing sunnyside up and having the best track experience on a bike ever. I would say that that day was better than any track day I’ve ever done, it was brilliant. Gavin, Simon and myself rode back to the hotel with the other lads already there. I started to go downhill and felt really knackered and stiffening up. I ran the bath and thought, I’ll have a soak, that’ll help. Well, I got in the bath and started to shake, uncontrollably. I didn’t know what was going on, I felt freezing cold and shouted the lads. They reckoned it was a combination of dehydration, heat exhaustion and sun stroke. They got me out of the bath, wrapped me in towels and three duvet’s off the beds and laid me down on my bed. I just shook for 30 – 40 mins and gradually the shaking slowed and then stopped. Simon and Ricky had walked to the shops for some isotonic drinks and I forced them down. I felt a lot better after an hour but wasn’t 100 %. We all got showered and went out for an Italian. We sat outside and it was glorious. All night long, in fact all day long, cars are up and down the street blipping the throttle and blasting 20-30 yards making noise, it’s a great place to be for a petrol head.

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0213

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0214

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0216

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0222

As we’d finished or meals and were sat talking a Lambo and a Ferrari, both jet gloss black pulled up into the car park of the restaurant, it was awesome, what a sound.

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0225

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0224

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0226

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0228

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0229-1

It’s odd but the whole place at that end of Adenau closes early, everyone disappears and the restaurants and cafes just shut up shop. We walked back to the apartment and I went straight to bed, buggered, it was 21:30.
Sun 24th April
I was still feeling a bit weak next morning when we got up, loaded the bikes and went for breakfast. The sun was shining bright again and the temperature was good. We said our goodbyes to Freddy who ran the hotel and made our way out of the car park.

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0231

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0232

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0233

The road we chose out of Adenau was another cracker and as soon as we were on it I felt great, better than I had in the previous few hours. It was the L10 which eventually led us to the A61 Autobhan. There was a 130km speed limit for a good few miles before we saw the national speed limit, which means there is no speed limit of course in Germany. I beckoned the other lads forward and going down a few gears we all set off at once. It was brilliant going flat out through the gears, legally on the Autobhan. Ricky’s R1 was geared down so would lose touch after about 150mph and Simon’s and my Blades wouldn’t read any more than 185mph but they were still accelerating, just. We repeated this 3 or 4 times for a mile at a time I reckon cause the roads were pretty quiet and had a right laugh. We would slow and wait for the naked bike boy’s each time before going again. The 320 miles to Calais was pretty uneventfull and boring after leaving Germany and we had to filter through very heavy traffic in Belguim but the sun was high in the sky and it was dry so we were happy.

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0237

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0238

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0240-1

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0242

We timed the ferry perfectly. We rode through passport control and then the ticket booth and were ushered straight onto the ferry. We got off the ferry at 14:45, all filled up in Dover, said our goodbyes and headed off at 15:15, Gavin, Andy, Ricky and Simon to Brighton area, Taff to Lee On Solent and Al and myself to Thirsk. We rode together along the M20 before parting and me and Al headed round the M25 then North via M11, A14, A1. I’d made sure I took on plenty of fluids that day everytime we stopped but yesterday’s episode and the journey were starting to take it’s toll. I’ve got to say the Blade is very comfortable for a sportsbike on long journey’s. I’ve got 34” legs and take some tucking up onto a sportsbike but that’s as good a position as I’ve had on one and had no arse ache at all. My knee’s, leg’s, shoulder’s, arm’s and everything else it seemed, riding up the A1 were crying for me to stop but Al was at work on the Tuesday so we had to get back to our’s today so he could rest overnight and get back home to Scotland on the Monday. We pulled into the drive at 19:30 after 11 & ½ hour’s travelling, covering 620 road miles in the day. Al’s wife Hazel had come down to spend the w.end with Lesley and so we had a shower and ‘slingout’ Chinese to finish the day. The fly and moth kill on the front of the bikes was a sight to see, that’ll take some cleaning off we thought, finished our beers and went to bed.

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0248

Nordschleife over Easter SAM_0249

Mon 25th April
Al and Hazel set off mid morning back to Irvine and I did absolutely nothing. I put some PJ’s on and beautiful though the weather was outside, I just relaxed on the sofa all day, I was knackered. I wanted to clean the bike but just didn’t have the energy, it’ll wait till next w.end. The w.end was fantastic, ‘The Ring’ is a box that must be ticked, do it as soon as you can.

Cheers
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shadow Sat 30 Apr 2011, 13:20

Superb write up mate, top class. Smile
shadow
shadow
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 3003
Male Age : 44
My bike(s) : 06 R1
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by keen2511 Sat 30 Apr 2011, 16:16

Fantastic write up,enjoyed the read.With any luck I should make it out to the ring twice this year,been there a few times and always had a good time,its unlike anywhere else.
keen2511
keen2511
BSB Racer

Number of posts : 372
Male Age : 47
My bike(s) : cbr1000rr 08
Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Sun 15 May 2011, 09:20

Now then

Found these on the net from our trip to 'The Ring'

Nordschleife over Easter _23440101

Nordschleife over Easter _23440111

Nordschleife over Easter _23440141

Nordschleife over Easter _2344016

Nordschleife over Easter Touristenfahrten_23-04-2011_photo4244_time1026_20110424_2055172301

Nordschleife over Easter Touristenfahrten_23-04-2011_photo4245_time1026_20110424_1942446169

Nordschleife over Easter Touristenfahrten_23-04-2011_photo4246_time1026_20110424_1821689569

Nordschleife over Easter Touristenfahrten_23-04-2011_photo4942_time1102_20110424_1918026637

Nordschleife over Easter Touristenfahrten_23-04-2011_photo4944_time1102_20110424_1334916808

Nordschleife over Easter Touristenfahrten_23-04-2011_photo4947_time1102_20110424_1908630385

Nordschleife over Easter Icon_thumright
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Haggler ®™ Sun 15 May 2011, 11:05

JT.............nice write up buddy.................And thats the same Hotel we stayed in,might even be the same room...........how canny is that?

We jumped the fence and did the Ring tarmac.............Haggler wuz ere sort of thing.No sound with your vid?
Haggler ®™
Haggler ®™
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Sun 15 May 2011, 12:11

Now then Haggler

Thanx. Good place to stay eh.

You 'Graffiti Yobo's' Nordschleife over Easter 950996

Just checked vid, sound Ok for me Nordschleife over Easter 169443 dunno ?
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by stotty Wed 28 Sep 2011, 12:27

Wow what a wright up should work for performance bikes mate makes me want to stick a tank bag on call in sick and leave tonight? Never been, It's so on my to do list this post has defo moved it to the top? Thanks for great info. Really hope I get to go next year.
stotty
stotty
CBT Novice

Number of posts : 85
Male Age : 48
My bike(s) : Fireblade RRT
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Wed 28 Sep 2011, 13:37

Now then stotty

Glad you liked the write up Mate and I hope you get there next year, you'll love it Smile
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down