www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.
www.firebladeriders.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brighton burn up.

+9
Gumsey Mileage
ginger nutz
Hendy1985
masterblader
N2OCapri
cabbie
Kiwiboy
keen2511
wild bill
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Brighton burn up. - Page 2 Empty Re: Brighton burn up.

Post by ginger nutz Sat 11 Sep 2010, 18:48

The old girl cleans up all-right from a distance, so does the bike ha ha. I nearly bought one in the red and white but ended up in a bidding war, a bloke at brands had one about 3yrs ago with ohlins front and back, he did`nt hang about, the tdm 850 i was on eventually had him but it was a tough struggle, small track and despatch riding skills won out in the end.
ginger nutz
ginger nutz
BSB Racer

Number of posts : 352
Male Age : 65
My bike(s) : 92 blade streetfighter 929 blade rr4 tdm 900
Registration date : 2010-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by wild bill Sat 11 Sep 2010, 21:33

ginger nutz wrote:small track and despatch riding skills won out in the end.
Laughing Yeh you can always rely on the old dispatch skills, i use em daily on my 34mile commute Laughing

Ok this is the plan if anyone wants to meet up for the ride down...
A few mates a coming here (Beckenham) for 10:00am, then we are meeting with Masterblade and a few others outside Hein Gericke 92-98 Brighton Road, Purley, CR8-4DA at 10:30am.

@ Cabbie, yes mate it is proper comfortable, it's like riding in an arm chair! The drawback is it weighs as much as a 3 piece suite and corners like one Laughing

Hope to see you all tomorrow thumbup
wild bill
wild bill
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1614
Male Age : 57
My bike(s) : CBR1000RR5 CB1000 BMWF650 TY250
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jallen Sun 12 Sep 2010, 07:27

I plan to go but not from Kent Smile May see a few of you in Brighton later today.

John
jallen
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1750
Male Age : 51
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by scotty80 Sun 12 Sep 2010, 09:33

Looks like its gona be a sunny crakin day for it hope you all have a good day
scotty80
scotty80
Website/Forum Owner
Website/Forum Owner

Number of posts : 846
Male Age : 43
My bike(s) : 97 rrv
Registration date : 2009-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by cabbie Sun 12 Sep 2010, 15:10

What a fook up that was! me and Will Bill got £60 fines for small plate's and then I copped a front tyre puncture 6 miles from Briton, nice, the green flag dude has just dropped me off.
cabbie
cabbie
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 2139
Male Age : 61
My bike(s) : fireblade
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by wild bill Sun 12 Sep 2010, 16:41

Think i got off very lightly!
I was doing 105mph when i see the blue lights come on, i was wearing my Bandit XXR (illegal Simpson copy) and... my fookin MOT run out on Friday! Even though he knew this he said "just make sure you get it done next week" then just give me a £60 fixed penalty for the small plate.
As far as i'm concerned, that's a result! Could've been an instant ban and my bike impounded hammer
wild bill
wild bill
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hendy1985 Sun 12 Sep 2010, 21:49

Sorry to here that lads I went on the A roads police free basicaly a good day with nice weather. Do you get points for the plate or just the £60 fine
Hendy1985
Hendy1985
Clubman Racer

Number of posts : 196
Male Age : 38
My bike(s) : cbr900 RRW
Registration date : 2010-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by cabbie Sun 12 Sep 2010, 22:04

Just £60 fine, the recovery driver that took me home knows the police well as he does all the uninsured drivers/riders for the bill in the area, he said to me on the way home the police where under orders today to nick EVERY bike with a small plate all day, wankers.
cabbie
cabbie
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hendy1985 Sun 12 Sep 2010, 23:18

I bet they made a fortune today the tosspots, wot a waist of police resorces
Hendy1985
Hendy1985
Clubman Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by hoho954 Sun 12 Sep 2010, 23:25

is it really a waste of police resources? if you are breaking the law, you have to accept the consequences
hoho954
hoho954
Trackday Novice

Number of posts : 125
Male Location : surrey
My bike(s) : cbr1000rr8
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by cabbie Sun 12 Sep 2010, 23:43

hoho954 wrote:is it really a waste of police resources? if you are breaking the law, you have to accept the consequences

Ok, lets look at this statement.

You have a smaller than legal number plate and the pigs are out in force nicking every bike they can for the offence (or should I say the money).

A scumbag nicks you brand new blade and cause he decides NOT to wear a crash helmet on his joyride he's aloud to ride off in to the sunset free as a bird and not pursued (due to police policy)

So, while the police are busy with us hardened criminals using a small plate all the bike thieves are free to nick all the blades they like.

YES, I'D CALL IT A WASTE OF POLICE RESOURCES!!!!!!
cabbie
cabbie
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by wild bill Mon 13 Sep 2010, 00:19

hoho954 wrote:is it really a waste of police resources? if you are breaking the law, you have to accept the consequences
cabbie wrote:YES, I'D CALL IT A WASTE OF POLICE RESOURCES!!!!!!
I kind of agree with both points, i/we knew i/we was breaking the law by running small plates and like hoho954 rightly says "you have to accept the consequences" and we both knew that...
I also think Cabbie failed to point out quite how many police was there, i can honestly say i've never been on a bike run and seen so many police...ever! Even Masterblade (who has done more bike runs than most of us ever will) said he's never seen anything like it before so...
Those police must have been drafted in from other areas just for the sake of nicking some bikers for small plates! So when you look at it from that perspective it is a waste of resources.
Apart from the normal bike cops and traffic patrols sporting their dayglow livery there was also plenty of unmarked police cars and bikes, the guy from Green Flag mentioned there was 6 unmarked police fireblades patrolling the Sussex area that day too...a bit overkill if you ask me screwy
wild bill
wild bill
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by cabbie Mon 13 Sep 2010, 07:10

And for me that was the last time I'll go on an "aranged" type rideout, The next aranged type rideout I'll be going in the oposite direction enjoying pig free roads.

And if any bike cops read this post I'd just like to say what a bunch of cock suckers you all are.
cabbie
cabbie
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by masterblader Mon 13 Sep 2010, 09:09

The route was saturated with Police in unmarked cars, on bikes, on almost every bridge, laybys with ANPR vehicles this was a major assault on our democratic freedom. West Sussex Police suck. Last year on the same venue I commented on Police intelligence (imo no such evidence) on how a poster was planted on the fast lane M23 asking for information was a recipe for a multiple disaster. Police presence was intimadating to all motorists which had disrupted the smooth flow of traffic, the idiot who pulled Cabbie over swerved suddenly to grab his 60 quid that I almost clipped his arse. These biking events generate huge revenue for the county then some local official idiot issues a directive and all hell breaks loose resulting in accidents leading to motorway closures which happened yesterday and on the May Day run. When Rockets bikes was stolen there was not one Police officer around and that was next door to Police Station. Get the Taliban in they deal very effectively with corruptive forces.
masterblader
masterblader
The Blade Guru
The Blade Guru

Number of posts : 5392
Male Age : 80
My bike(s) : RRS, CB500 2 X NC29
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Hendy1985 Mon 13 Sep 2010, 14:50

Hendy1985
Hendy1985
Clubman Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by cabbie Mon 13 Sep 2010, 18:12

Sunday was like one of those old western movies where the cowboys ride in to a canyon then they look up and see 10,000 indian's looking down ready to attack!

I felt just like one of those cowboy after the start of the A23, lol and I got scalped by the chief, lol
cabbie
cabbie
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ginger nutz Mon 13 Sep 2010, 19:31

A special thankyou to, cabbie, master blader and wild bill, as i c`ocked up the meeting place, doble`s mc shop, cause i failed to find hein gerrick, you three were 5 or 6 mins ahead of me and my mates and drew all the police attention off me by keeping them busy, Ta lads. The party on saturday night kept me out untill about 5 in the morning, needless to say i was a bit second-hand to say the least, so we ended up cruising at 65mph, the unmarked police car followed us for about 5 or 6 miles looking at my mates custom R1 plate on his R1 which was worth £60 to the police, but a transit van overtook us and the old bill nicked him instead, after a good meal and a walk around the ride home was a lot more fulfilling, 80 to 160mph i`ve got the edge on tony`s big bang R1 after that he`ll creep by, if it was an every day bike i`d return it to stock gearing but i think it will be fine for the track, next track day 31st oct on a sunday £79, last track day of the year.
ginger nutz
ginger nutz
BSB Racer

Number of posts : 352
Male Age : 65
My bike(s) : 92 blade streetfighter 929 blade rr4 tdm 900
Registration date : 2010-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by wild bill Tue 14 Sep 2010, 17:06

I was too scared to open my bike up after seeing that many ole bill, i did let some of the horses loose on the last leg of the M23 on the way back up to 130'ish but backed off once the paranoia struck me again Laughing
That's the one and only time i'm doing that Brighton Burn up bollox tongueout
wild bill
wild bill
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2