www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.
www.firebladeriders.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recovery

3 posters

Go down

Recovery Empty Recovery

Post by largeviking Tue 04 Sep 2007, 08:51

Anyone considering AA recovery for a trip in Europe, don't. Just returned and they made it a complete nightmare.
largeviking
CBT Novice

Number of posts : 76
Male Age : 56
My bike(s) : RR6, BMW F650, BSA A65 Rocket.
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Recovery Empty Re: Recovery

Post by stuart Tue 04 Sep 2007, 09:33

No.
I use NCI, no probs so far, and chepaer than AA
stuart
stuart
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 2823
Male Age : 68
My bike(s) : Tiger 800
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by legins Tue 04 Sep 2007, 17:51

largeviking wrote:Anyone considering AA recovery for a trip in Europe, don't. Just returned and they made it a complete nightmare.

Im with AA but no foreign trip as yet what probs did you have dood Very Happy
legins
legins
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1051
Male Age : 59
My bike(s) : 93 Blade but hunting for an 06 Blade
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by largeviking Thu 06 Sep 2007, 15:04

My fault initially, left disk lock on and tried to drive off whilst in France. Resulted in bent disk to the extent that when you applied brake nothing happened until you pump it a few times. This was 3 weeks ago yesterday, called AA who said man would be out to fix it. He turned up after a couple of hours but spoke no english, i managed to explain problem. He scratched his head then decided he could not fix it and had to take it away. Bike was loaded into van and tied down after a fashion and taken to Honda dealer in Nimes. I had reservations about the way it was tied and the fact that he had no tools so was never really going to attempt to fix it. I thought to myself that if it is damaged then the AA should sort it out. Reading small print, this is not the case, the AA is not responsible for any damage caused by 3rd parties they may have used. A number of calls and not returned calls later I found that the Honda dealer only has one mechanic and he was on holiday for the subsequent week. This meant he got back from work 2 days before our sailing from Dunkirk. I suggested there might be somewhere else it could be fixed but the AA assured me that it would be fixed the day he came back and I would be able to pick my bike up and get to Dunkirk. I spent the last 3 days of holiday on the phone to the AA trying to get answers, re-arrange ferries etc. Their operatives are not working to the same guidelines so the information we received varied considerably. End result is over 3 weeks later, bike is still in Nimes, I've been back a week and still no sign of it being fixed. I have been told that one of the front disks will be replaced, and it will cost me 320 euros, 19 of which is for labour. We shall see...
largeviking
CBT Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by largeviking Mon 17 Sep 2007, 13:44

Now got bike back, runs well and stops now. Nightmare over.
largeviking
CBT Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum