www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.
www.firebladeriders.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

954 rear wheel in my RRW swingarm

Go down

954 rear wheel in my RRW swingarm Empty 954 rear wheel in my RRW swingarm

Post by Guest Sun 13 Dec 2009, 14:49

Bought myself a pair of 954 wheels a while back and the front one is in the forks. Gonna stick with my RRW arm as it is for now with 20mm slots in it and 20mm adjusters. Can't afford to have the swingarm slots milled out to 25mm and buy new adjusters yet! The 954 wheel has 25mm I/D bearings. So I need a set of 47/20/12mm wheel bearings and sprocket bearing 52 o/d, 23.7mm thick , but the inner race has to take a spacer that is 20mm I/D. Anybody got any ideas, know a good supplier and here's the tricky bit, Can anybody make me the sprocket bearing spacer and a few spindle, wheel spacers once I have the dimensions? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze?
Here's the original sprocket bearing with captive spacer;
954 rear wheel in my RRW swingarm 13122009603
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

954 rear wheel in my RRW swingarm Empty Re: 954 rear wheel in my RRW swingarm

Post by griz Mon 14 Dec 2009, 10:48

Best of luck with it mate, I hope you get it sorted! 954 rear wheel in my RRW swingarm 977550
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1928
Male Age : 54
My bike(s) : 93 Blade Streetfighter & a 96 Engineless Blade, soon to become 1 & a 95 GPZ1100 Grand tourer which is looking for a new home! lol
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Dec 2009, 14:47

Any ideas. I can't even find the original bearing listed?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Tue 15 Dec 2009, 11:49

Um the route I would take if you don't want to mill out the swingarm is like you said use the 20mm spindle, remove all the original bearing from the standard wheel & sprocket carrier & measure them up & then do the same with the 292/954 bearings & then measure the differences & then you should know what size bearing you'll need to make it all fit up. There's loads of bearing suppliers online, you just enter your measurements & away you go, I beleive some companies will even custom make what you need. Google it matey it's all on the net! 954 rear wheel in my RRW swingarm 964788
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1928
Male Age : 54
My bike(s) : 93 Blade Streetfighter & a 96 Engineless Blade, soon to become 1 & a 95 GPZ1100 Grand tourer which is looking for a new home! lol
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Dec 2009, 12:12

Yeah cheers mate, just popped the wheel bearings out and will swap tham for a pair of 20/47s. The problem is the sprocket bearing is 24mm wide, so I'm pretty sure it's a double row. So I need to find a double row 20/52 or two side by side single rows. And I need to make and fit the captive spacer to em so will have to buy summat like 25/52s and make the 20mm bore spacer to fit. I think those double row sprocket bearings are about £50 each!!! I also need to make a 20mm spacer to go in the wheel and outside spacers. Phew, know any turners, I'm assuming Cabbie is too busy and hasn't got a workshop at the moment?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down