www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.
www.firebladeriders.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nobody fancy an FBR track day / night ?

+3
Firebladeradmin
shadow
Kaiser
7 posters

Go down

Nobody fancy an FBR track day / night ? Empty Nobody fancy an FBR track day / night ?

Post by Kaiser Mon 24 Aug 2009, 14:09

Hi,

we haven't done an awful lot so was just curious to find out if we could organise as a club, a track day / night ?

Last edited by Kaiser on Mon 24 Aug 2009, 14:23; edited 1 time in total
Kaiser
Kaiser
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 4491
Male Age : 42
My bike(s) : HM Plant RR10, RR8 Race bike, HM Plant RR7 and a nice rotavated garden!
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Nobody fancy an FBR track day / night ? Empty Re: Nobody fancy an FBR track day / night ?

Post by shadow Mon 24 Aug 2009, 14:18

Kaiser wrote:Hi,

we haven't done an awful lot so was just curious to find out if we could organise as a club, a track day / night ?

The normal thing is, everyones says yea yea, then when it comes to paying up, o dear, it goes quiet.
Nearly all of us are on other forums that have regular track meets, might explain why none take off on here.

Saying that though, now is the time to start the ball rolling for next year, Nutty did a fine job of planning the one in 2007.
shadow
shadow
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 3003
Male Age : 44
My bike(s) : 06 R1
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Back to top Go down

Nobody fancy an FBR track day / night ? Empty Re: Nobody fancy an FBR track day / night ?

Post by Kaiser Mon 24 Aug 2009, 14:20

Ye - I know how it is.

We should agree to send cash when putting our names down. sunny
Kaiser
Kaiser
MotoGP Legend

My bike(s) : HM Plant RR10, RR8 Race bike, HM Plant RR7 and a nice rotavated garden!

Back to top Go down

Post by Firebladeradmin Mon 24 Aug 2009, 14:49

The 2007 track day was successful, loads of members turned up for it, I organised one for last year and no one was interested so didn't bother doing it again this year.

Feel free to organise one yourself, am no doing it again Smile
Firebladeradmin
Firebladeradmin
Website/Forum Owner
Website/Forum Owner

Number of posts : 3124
Male Registration date : 2007-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Mon 24 Aug 2009, 14:53

Oh - now then brickwall drinking Laughing

I could start to draw up a list before contacting the track ? sunny
Kaiser
Kaiser
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firebladeradmin Mon 24 Aug 2009, 14:59

Yup and the normal discount is 10% if you get 10 or more riders thumbup

Stick a poll up too of the different tracks to see who would prefer what, Cadwell and Donington were the most popular last time, although now we have quite a few Scottish members, Knockhill might be a goer Laughing

If you want I could put a mass email out to members and put something in the next e-magazine, just pm me with what you want to say and I'll send it out.

Good luck Wink
Firebladeradmin
Firebladeradmin
Website/Forum Owner
Website/Forum Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Mon 24 Aug 2009, 15:01

Something along the lines of, "aw the Scottish numpties are daen a track day, how aboot it" Laughing Laughing

I'll have a think and send something over to you wheeliebike
Kaiser
Kaiser
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tazfiend Mon 24 Aug 2009, 15:05

NuttyTart wrote:The 2007 track day was successful, loads of members turned up for it, I organised one for last year and no one was interested so didn't bother doing it again this year.
I was at Cadwell Park, all on my lonesome! Nobody fancy an FBR track day / night ? Cry
Tazfiend
Tazfiend
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1337
Male Age : 55
My bike(s) : CBR900RRX
Registration date : 2008-01-15

https://www.youtube.com/tazfiend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firebladeradmin Mon 24 Aug 2009, 15:06

Tazfiend wrote:I was at Cadwell Park, all on my lonesome! Nobody fancy an FBR track day / night ? Cry

Awwww pet pullhair Laughing
Firebladeradmin
Firebladeradmin
Website/Forum Owner
Website/Forum Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Mon 24 Aug 2009, 15:07

Laughing Laughing
Kaiser
Kaiser
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firebladeradmin Mon 24 Aug 2009, 15:07

Kaiser wrote:Something along the lines of, "aw the Scottish numpties are daen a track day, how aboot it" Laughing Laughing

I might have to do a translation for the suvverners then Laughing
Firebladeradmin
Firebladeradmin
Website/Forum Owner
Website/Forum Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Mon 24 Aug 2009, 15:11

No doubt Laughing
Kaiser
Kaiser
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tazfiend Mon 24 Aug 2009, 15:15

NuttyTart wrote:Awwww pet pullhair Laughing
Laughing Oh, the sympathy! Laughing

I'd love to see some of the southerners at Knockhill. Very Happy
Tazfiend
Tazfiend
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1337
My bike(s) : CBR900RRX
Registration date : 2008-01-15

https://www.youtube.com/tazfiend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Mon 24 Aug 2009, 15:17

Tazfiend wrote:
NuttyTart wrote:Awwww pet pullhair Laughing
Laughing Oh, the sympathy! Laughing

I'd love to see some of the southerners at Knockhill. Very Happy

Aye sunny
Kaiser
Kaiser
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by cleedubber Mon 24 Aug 2009, 21:41

Very interested...where and when ?

Cadwell gets my vote, its a great track, got a bit of everything, slightly biased as to location, but you can camp over, and they have shower blocks etc
cleedubber
cleedubber
CBT Novice

Number of posts : 60
My bike(s) : 1997 RRV
Registration date : 2009-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by nicksparkie Tue 08 Sep 2009, 23:58

Ive never done a track day, but im very interested in doing one. Whats the crack n how much will it cost?
nicksparkie
nicksparkie
CBT Novice

Number of posts : 51
Male Age : 54
My bike(s) : CBR900RRN
Registration date : 2009-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Wed 09 Sep 2009, 09:30

Do you want me to try & organise this year or leave until next?
Kaiser
Kaiser
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbikefinder Wed 09 Sep 2009, 09:44

Why don't you do a poll on tracks for this year?

Stipulate that you need at least 10 (or blah) people to cough up by a certain date before it's booked?

And suggest / ask Admin ?? (very nicely) to receive / hold the monies to make the booking or no track day?

Then if you don't get enough takers by said date then all can have a refund etc?
fastbikefinder
fastbikefinder
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 4582
Male Age : 46
My bike(s) : Trek VX with suspenders & Specialized Hemi
Registration date : 2007-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Wed 09 Sep 2009, 09:46

Was going to do something like that. I'll try to type something up for here & Nutty as I said to Nutty I would Nobody fancy an FBR track day / night ? 827250
Kaiser
Kaiser
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Wed 09 Sep 2009, 09:51

p.s. Was it you or Nutty that put my marker to "I ride like an Egyptian" Nobody fancy an FBR track day / night ? 396226 Nobody fancy an FBR track day / night ? 396226
Kaiser
Kaiser
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by cleedubber Wed 09 Sep 2009, 10:00

Think we might be struggling for this year to get something organised , booked and paid for in time
I've just booked No Limits (first time witrh them ) on the 6th Oct at Cadwell for only 79 full day, and they offer a little discount for 10+ bookings
It all depends how late in the year people are willing to take the chance on the weather/track temp etc
I personaly wouldnt be willing to book and pay in advance for any track days after the one I have just booked, would leave it until the day before to see what weather is doing etc

The main problem is getting people to pay upfront (as has been mentioned on other threads)

I'm hoping to get to some more tracks next year, ie Oulton Park and Anglesey, both has been recomended to me
I'm sure you could camp over at Oulton (I know you can at Anglesey and Cadwell)
So maybe we should look into a number of dates for next year and it gives plenty of time to organise and for people to start putting money aside ??

Would be great to see/meet some of you guys at Cadwell if you decide to book that one
cleedubber
cleedubber
CBT Novice

Number of posts : 60
My bike(s) : 1997 RRV
Registration date : 2009-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbikefinder Wed 09 Sep 2009, 10:14

Kaiser wrote:p.s. Was it you or Nutty that put my marker to "I ride like an Egyptian" Nobody fancy an FBR track day / night ? 396226 Nobody fancy an FBR track day / night ? 396226

Nobody fancy an FBR track day / night ? 396226 ................Nobody fancy an FBR track day / night ? 396226.................Nobody fancy an FBR track day / night ? 396226
fastbikefinder
fastbikefinder
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbikefinder Wed 09 Sep 2009, 10:16

cleedubber wrote:Think we might be struggling for this year to get something organised , booked and paid for in time
I've just booked No Limits (first time witrh them ) on the 6th Oct at Cadwell for only 79 full day, and they offer a little discount for 10+ bookings
It all depends how late in the year people are willing to take the chance on the weather/track temp etc
I personaly wouldnt be willing to book and pay in advance for any track days after the one I have just booked, would leave it until the day before to see what weather is doing etc

The main problem is getting people to pay upfront (as has been mentioned on other threads)

I'm hoping to get to some more tracks next year, ie Oulton Park and Anglesey, both has been recomended to me
I'm sure you could camp over at Oulton (I know you can at Anglesey and Cadwell)
So maybe we should look into a number of dates for next year and it gives plenty of time to organise and for people to start putting money aside ??

Would be great to see/meet some of you guys at Cadwell if you decide to book that one

Yeah...all that!
fastbikefinder
fastbikefinder
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Wed 09 Sep 2009, 10:46

Ye - that was my initial thoughts & why I didn't move forward with the track day organisation. Nobody fancy an FBR track day / night ? 827250
Kaiser
Kaiser
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firebladeradmin Wed 09 Sep 2009, 11:12

Kaiser wrote:p.s. Was it you or Nutty that put my marker to "I ride like an Egyptian" Nobody fancy an FBR track day / night ? 396226 Nobody fancy an FBR track day / night ? 396226

Nobody fancy an FBR track day / night ? 254667 Nobody fancy an FBR track day / night ? 950996
Firebladeradmin
Firebladeradmin
Website/Forum Owner
Website/Forum Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Wed 09 Sep 2009, 11:16

Nobody fancy an FBR track day / night ? Lol Hhmm, was it Mrs Nutty with the keyboard in the study or Mr FBF with the blackberry in the dining room. Nobody fancy an FBR track day / night ? 396226
Kaiser
Kaiser
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down