www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.
www.firebladeriders.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not to hijack anyone elses thread, thoughts on members projects.

2 posters

Go down

Not to hijack anyone elses thread, thoughts on members projects. Empty Not to hijack anyone elses thread, thoughts on members projects.

Post by Deathace Thu 07 May 2009, 10:43

I just felt that rather than taint their project pages with comments on other peoples fighters in comparison that we could do it in a separate thread that people can take off topic and make comments if they desire.

It is more spurned on from Griz's comments in HelRazzers posting (not a dig just gave me the idea for this thread).

Griz I will use you first but not in any guinea pig motion Smile

I think your bike is fantastic m8 I think the time and effort you have spent and re-spent on some of your ideas and the fabrication taken to do it is outstanding.

As was mentioned in HR's thread your bike is yours and as such you do anything you can to make it how you want it, Its a good thing having it all clean and tidy and show worthy but who are you showing? Those people that appreciate your work have followed it from the offset and have used your ideas as I am sure you have used others, to make the bike how it currently looks.

I have been modifying bikes for years, I used to have the luxury of having all the tools and a huge garage and workshop to use them in but alas times change and money aint like it used to be so I am limited now in what I personally can do with the space and tools I have left, That does not stop me doing what I love best and thats modifications. Don't get me wrong I love my bike and cherish it as much as PRACTICABLY possible but at the end of the day I bought the bike to ride it otherwise its nothing more than a glorified shed/garage ornament.

I have stone chips and scratches on mine but rather than me worry about every little dink i do what I can to keep it maintained well and running how it should and leave the rest to the uncertainty of the roads and whats going to happen to it. The only issue I have with my bike is the oil, it doesn't drink it as bad now its a bit older and more miles on it but I have to watch it regularly, ok I should not have to do that on a new near 10k machine but its part of the quirks like any other bike has so I live with it but as far as the modifications go I still have a few things up my sleeve that I want to do to it and where I think it looks awesome and others may not, its my bike my life and I live it how I want not for other people (well maybe with the exception of my wife she has a good eye for keeping me in reality with some of my ideas).

Because the mods I want to do next are rather expensive I am having to reign in the spending as we have just had a nice holiday in florida for the family and spent 13k all told and in this economic climate you have to make the most of what you can afford. The minimoto project I am doing is more a stop gap between how my bike is and how I want it and it gives the wife and kids something to use and I get my mod fix.

At the end of the day life is short and if you spend the limited time doing what you like and what makes you happy then there is not much better life to lead, enjoy your bike chap and make the most of it.

Russ
Deathace
Deathace
WSB Racer

Number of posts : 509
Male Age : 49
My bike(s) : 2008 Triumph Speed Triple 1050
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Not to hijack anyone elses thread, thoughts on members projects. Empty Re: Not to hijack anyone elses thread, thoughts on members projects.

Post by griz Thu 07 May 2009, 22:42

Hell Russ you nearly brought a tear to my eye there! cry

Thanks mate, I hear ya!

I totally agree with what you said "At the end of the day life is short and if you spend the limited time doing what you like and what makes you happy then there is not much better life to lead" well said matey! clap
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1928
Male Age : 54
My bike(s) : 93 Blade Streetfighter & a 96 Engineless Blade, soon to become 1 & a 95 GPZ1100 Grand tourer which is looking for a new home! lol
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Back to top Go down