www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.
www.firebladeriders.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streetfighter/ Bar riser question

3 posters

Go down

Streetfighter/ Bar riser question Empty Streetfighter/ Bar riser question

Post by griz Sun 20 Apr 2008, 20:04

Hi does anyone have a streetfightered blade or one with a riser kit fitted as I need to know the length of the front brake lines as I'm pretty sure the standard lines are to short.

I've done a 954 frontend conversion on mine & I’ve fitted a SP1 top yoke as I want to fit some risers & renthal bars for added comfort. I’m waiting for some bolts to arrive before fitting the riser kit along with the new handlebars so I can measure how long I need them but my guess is it'll be pretty much the same length as most blade streetfighters or blades that have had risers fitted to the top yoke for comfort.
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1928
Male Age : 54
My bike(s) : 93 Blade Streetfighter & a 96 Engineless Blade, soon to become 1 & a 95 GPZ1100 Grand tourer which is looking for a new home! lol
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Back to top Go down

Streetfighter/ Bar riser question Empty Re: Streetfighter/ Bar riser question

Post by Guest Mon 21 Apr 2008, 09:59

Hi mate, my longest brakeline is approx 40" long, I have 2" risers with 3" high Renthals. You may need a longer clutch cable, £15 from Streetfighterstore and possibly throttle cables, mine are tight on full right lock. Best way is to fit bars and offer up old brakelines to see how much longer they need to be, especially on full lock! Good luck, Alan.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Mon 21 Apr 2008, 13:22

megawatt wrote:Hi mate, my longest brakeline is approx 40" long, I have 2" risers with 3" high Renthals. You may need a longer clutch cable, £15 from Streetfighterstore and possibly throttle cables, mine are tight on full right lock. Best way is to fit bars and offer up old brakelines to see how much longer they need to be, especially on full lock! Good luck, Alan.

Hello matey happyup I've already got the clutch cable from the streetfighterstore & I had wondered about the throttle cables but I'm hoping they'll be ok. I'm waiting for some bolts to be delivered to assemble the yoke/risers & handlebars but I'll be running with 2" risers & a 2" rise from the handle bars so my guess is I'll need about the same as you've got.

I guess I better wait really until I've got it all assembled so I can double check. I'm starting to get itchy feet now & want the bike on the road asap but safety first & all that Rolling Eyes
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

My bike(s) : 93 Blade Streetfighter & a 96 Engineless Blade, soon to become 1 & a 95 GPZ1100 Grand tourer which is looking for a new home! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Apr 2008, 18:18

I can manage with my throttles as they are mate, just a bit tight on full lock. MOT man may not like em. I put my flat bars on for my MOT. Do you still want the fairing mid panels, I can post some piccies if you are still interested? cheers, Alan.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Mon 21 Apr 2008, 21:35

megawatt wrote:I can manage with my throttles as they are mate, just a bit tight on full lock. MOT man may not like em. I put my flat bars on for my MOT. Do you still want the fairing mid panels, I can post some piccies if you are still interested? cheers, Alan.

Um maybe I'll have to think about putting some flat bars on for the MOT too scratch

I can't afford anything else right now so you better put um up for grabs, I bought a rough cheap one for the mean time so all my panels are complete.
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by radiobloke Sat 27 Sep 2008, 20:21

only just seen this mate..

I ran standard throttle cables and clutch with renthals...but personnally didn't like the look of them.

I prefer the drag bars...straight wiuth a slight bend.

I am running standard length 'goodridge' hoses with no problems, and clutch cable re routed below the tank, under the pipework, just bent the cable stay slightly. and played with the throttle and levers to make sure they work properly. ALL standard lengths. i bought an extended clutch cable from sfr store, but its way too long so its still in a bag!

hope that helps mate. any more info..gis a shout
radiobloke
radiobloke
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1113
Male Age : 55
My bike(s) : Spondon Turbo Fireblade, CB1300, 1200 BigBird
Registration date : 2008-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by 1992fireblade Sun 28 Sep 2008, 21:39

Hey griz,
Hows that fighter coming on mate?
1992fireblade
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1633
My bike(s) : Triumph Bonneville America
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Sun 28 Sep 2008, 23:46

Hi all, this was from my last project bike which I broke up & sold off....

I'm now in the throws of fighting my 94 blade & will start a new thread soon!

Cheers!
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down