www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.
www.firebladeriders.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

grumpy at dynospeed

2 posters

Go down

grumpy at dynospeed Empty grumpy at dynospeed

Post by ginger nutz Fri 10 Sep 2010, 23:43

RR4, full yoshi, power commander 3 usb, carbon air intake not the full box that i was told it had, and the air recirculating thingy blanked off, the map was all over the place at first but grumpy sorted that out, one tooth down on the front sprocket 15 instead of 16, speedo is out by 20 miles an hour, indicated 170 is an actual 150mph, but i soon cheered up with a fat 170.9bhp at the wheel, thats the most grumpy has seen with these few mods, to say i`m happy is an understatement, it now pulls cleanly in every gear, with a fat and linear torque curve, first run on the dyno to establish a base line was 161bhp and the last was 170.9, money well spent. sunny dance dance dance dance
ginger nutz
ginger nutz
BSB Racer

Number of posts : 352
Male Age : 65
My bike(s) : 92 blade streetfighter 929 blade rr4 tdm 900
Registration date : 2010-09-01

Back to top Go down

grumpy at dynospeed Empty Re: grumpy at dynospeed

Post by Guest Sat 11 Sep 2010, 02:12

nice!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by masterblader Sat 11 Sep 2010, 09:32

Thats a great result Ginger, going down by one tooth on the gearing will cause the speedo to overread but 20mph something is not right.
What size rear sprocket are you running with?
masterblader
masterblader
The Blade Guru
The Blade Guru

Number of posts : 5392
Male Age : 79
My bike(s) : RRS, CB500 2 X NC29
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ginger nutz Sat 11 Sep 2010, 18:36

masterblader wrote:Thats a great result Ginger, going down by one tooth on the gearing will cause the speedo to overread but 20mph something is not right.
What size rear sprocket are you running with?

Hi there sorry about the late reply, i was changing the shocks on the mx5 turbo in case there were clearance issue`s with the new body work, then spent 4hrs with the painter, all good, very excited.
grumpy at dynospeed Bonnetwings001
Anyway i digress, the blade has a talon 40 tooth rear, unfortunately its a new chain and sprocket set otherwise i`d replace front sprocket with a 16, it could certainly take it now, what do you think my friend.
ginger nutz
ginger nutz
BSB Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by masterblader Sat 11 Sep 2010, 19:15

The 04/05 was the only blade that was of a higher gearing that is a 16t on the front and a 40t on the rear whilst the rest were 42 teeth. Reports that this model was too bland forced Mr. H to make 200 modifications on the 06 model and revert to the regular used 16 x 42 set up. The 08 blade the overall internal gearing was changed making this model the strongest mid range ever. On my machine I'm running with a 16 x42 and hope to drop to a 15t on the front. Will have a chat hopefully on the run into Brighton weather looks promising.
masterblader
masterblader
The Blade Guru
The Blade Guru

Number of posts : 5392
Male Age : 79
My bike(s) : RRS, CB500 2 X NC29
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ginger nutz Sat 11 Sep 2010, 20:26

Thats cheered me up considerable, do you have any details of where we are to meet, i`ll pm you my contact as i`m off to a party, tally ho.
ginger nutz
ginger nutz
BSB Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down