www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.
www.firebladeriders.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fairing swap easy Y/N???

2 posters

Go down

Fairing swap easy Y/N??? Empty Fairing swap easy Y/N???

Post by Mr Badger Tue 29 Jun 2010, 13:56

For track days, I was thinking of buying a spare set of fairings to ensure that I ‘preserve’ my originals - not that I plan on doing any damage to them whatsoever, but I didn’t plan on it with my CBR but still managed it once in the past!!!

I’ve never tracked the blade only the CBR. so I was thinking of buying a cheaper set of either race or road fairings and swapping them over before going on track, but not sure how much of a ball-ache it’d be and if it’s really difficult with the indicators etc… and is it better to go with the race fairings and just take off the lights/indicators???

If anybody has any experience of this or has done the same then any suggestions would be great…

Cheers!

p.s. – the next outing on track is planned for September, 3 days at Portimão!
Mr Badger
Mr Badger
CBT Novice

Number of posts : 37
Male Age : 97
My bike(s) : CBR1000RR6 / CBR600F-Y
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Fairing swap easy Y/N??? Empty Re: Fairing swap easy Y/N???

Post by Guest Sun 11 Jul 2010, 13:43

Hi Badger, yes it's a reasnably easy job, but make sure you get a decent set of fairings in the first place. Dont be tempted to buy the cheapest ones, as there's usually a reason theyre so cheap!

You'll find it a bit fiddly but as far as i'm concerned it beats worrying about going DTR on your shiny stuff!

Good luck!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Badger Sun 11 Jul 2010, 19:08

Cheers Paul - any ideas on where a decent set is available from?
Mr Badger
Mr Badger
CBT Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by shadow Sun 11 Jul 2010, 21:32

Ones here

Thats the make that is on my R6, so i know the quality is good.
shadow
shadow
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 3003
Male Age : 44
My bike(s) : 06 R1
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Badger Mon 12 Jul 2010, 10:46

Cool - about the same price as the one's from China and the only difference is they're white...
They only show kits for 2004-5 and 2008, so not sure if the 04/05 is suitable as I have an 06 bike...?
I've asked them to confirm.
Mr Badger
Mr Badger
CBT Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Jul 2010, 13:57

Mr Badger wrote:Cool - about the same price as the one's from China and the only difference is they're white...
They only show kits for 2004-5 and 2008, so not sure if the 04/05 is suitable as I have an 06 bike...?

My advice would be don't buy from China. Have heard various tales of how they never fit properly - granted there might be one or two good suppliers over there, but the chances are you'll end up with something inferior.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Badger Mon 12 Jul 2010, 14:29

PaulB wrote:
Mr Badger wrote:Cool - about the same price as the one's from China and the only difference is they're white...

My advice would be don't buy from China. Have heard various tales of how they never fit properly - granted there might be one or two good suppliers over there, but the chances are you'll end up with something inferior.

That was my fear having heard similar stories...so I've just confirmed with anrperformance that their 04/05 also fits the 06...so will probably go with that. Just gotta sort out an electrical issue first which has just cropped up!!! Nightmare...
Then of course I have to get a trailer to transposrt the bike when it's kitted out for the track...
Mr Badger
Mr Badger
CBT Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down