www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.
www.firebladeriders.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My RRP is finally finished, do I sell it or keep it?

+10
Firebladeradmin
Rowley
stuart
fastbikefinder
grim1
Fringe
wild bill
reeseyboy
griz
yammydave
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sell it or keep it?

My RRP is finally finished, do I sell it or keep it? I_vote_lcap75%My RRP is finally finished, do I sell it or keep it? I_vote_rcap 75% 
[ 6 ]
My RRP is finally finished, do I sell it or keep it? I_vote_lcap25%My RRP is finally finished, do I sell it or keep it? I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

My RRP is finally finished, do I sell it or keep it? Empty My RRP is finally finished, do I sell it or keep it?

Post by yammydave Sat 04 Jul 2009, 20:13

Well its all done now, I took these pics before running it round for the MOT.
So now it has a full ticket and six months tax.
Question is do I put a few hundred miles on with a shake down run and scrub the new tyres in for a new owner?
OR
Do I keep it and sell the Urban Tiger?
Everyone's finances have suffered mine included; i might be lucky and be able to keep one of them so which should I sell (first)?
Similar mileage and condition, if you were buying which would you buy?

My RRP is finally finished, do I sell it or keep it? Finished045-1
My RRP is finally finished, do I sell it or keep it? Finished044-1
My RRP is finally finished, do I sell it or keep it? Finished043-1
My RRP is finally finished, do I sell it or keep it? Finished042-1
My RRP is finally finished, do I sell it or keep it? Finished035
My RRP is finally finished, do I sell it or keep it? Finished036
My RRP is finally finished, do I sell it or keep it? Finished034
My RRP is finally finished, do I sell it or keep it? Finished030
My RRP is finally finished, do I sell it or keep it? Finished028
My RRP is finally finished, do I sell it or keep it? Finished026
My RRP is finally finished, do I sell it or keep it? Finished020
My RRP is finally finished, do I sell it or keep it? Finished018
My RRP is finally finished, do I sell it or keep it? Finished017

My RRP is finally finished, do I sell it or keep it? DSCF4464
My RRP is finally finished, do I sell it or keep it? DSCF4465
My RRP is finally finished, do I sell it or keep it? DSCF4468
My RRP is finally finished, do I sell it or keep it? DSCF4452
My RRP is finally finished, do I sell it or keep it? DSCF4454
My RRP is finally finished, do I sell it or keep it? DSCF4456
My RRP is finally finished, do I sell it or keep it? DSCF4458
My RRP is finally finished, do I sell it or keep it? DSCF3712
My RRP is finally finished, do I sell it or keep it? DSCF3713
My RRP is finally finished, do I sell it or keep it? DSCF3699
My RRP is finally finished, do I sell it or keep it? DSCF4475
yammydave
yammydave
WSB Racer

Number of posts : 653
Male Age : 63
My bike(s) : CBR900RRS, CBR900RRP, CB750/900F
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

My RRP is finally finished, do I sell it or keep it? Empty Re: My RRP is finally finished, do I sell it or keep it?

Post by griz Sat 04 Jul 2009, 21:37

It's a tough one to call mate but I would have to keep the tiger but I really like the original blade too scratch but I guess the tiger colour is that bit more manly if you know what I mean?
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1928
Male Age : 54
My bike(s) : 93 Blade Streetfighter & a 96 Engineless Blade, soon to become 1 & a 95 GPZ1100 Grand tourer which is looking for a new home! lol
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Back to top Go down

My RRP is finally finished, do I sell it or keep it? Empty Re: My RRP is finally finished, do I sell it or keep it?

Post by reeseyboy Sat 04 Jul 2009, 21:41

Think I'd have to keep the Tiger. Both bikes are a credit to you though. Very tidy!
I just think that the Tiger is more "iconic" than your RRP; love that colour scheme.
reeseyboy
reeseyboy
Superstock Racer

Number of posts : 207
Male Age : 51
My bike(s) : 2009 CB1000R - Sword Silver
Registration date : 2009-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by wild bill Sat 04 Jul 2009, 22:09

Definitely keep the Tiger and out the shell suit, both in beautiful condition tho mate.
You should get top money on either one but (as i'm sure you know) the Tiger will eventually become collectable
and potentially be worth a lot more... in time. thumbup
wild bill
wild bill
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1614
Male Age : 57
My bike(s) : CBR1000RR5 CB1000 BMWF650 TY250
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Fringe Sun 05 Jul 2009, 10:58

KEEP THE TIGER.
It's such and iconic colour scheme.
Both are a credit to ya tho. clap
Fringe
Fringe
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1036
Male Age : 59
My bike(s) : Fightered RRS
Registration date : 2007-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by grim1 Sun 05 Jul 2009, 11:41

Sorry but i think sell the tiger.If i were looking to buy another i would get the shell suit no questions.Both bikes are a credit to ya mate and it is such a shame that you have to be selling either of these?Would be good if someone from this site would consider buying it from you,whichever you finally decide on? Very Happy Smile
grim1
grim1
BSB Racer

Number of posts : 272
Male Age : 53
My bike(s) : rrp 1993
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbikefinder Sun 05 Jul 2009, 15:43

Think I'd buy the RRP, I know I'm the odd one out.

What is that in the front tyre of the RRP by the way?

They are both crakcing bikes imo. If I had your dilema I'd sell the tiger - as I think it would sell more easily, and it is going to need discs sooner, then I'd have the needed cash quicker and could possibly make some money with it.

Also, I'd put the Akra on the RRP
fastbikefinder
fastbikefinder
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 4582
Male Age : 46
My bike(s) : Trek VX with suspenders & Specialized Hemi
Registration date : 2007-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart Sun 05 Jul 2009, 17:23

I agree with FBF about the tiger being easier to sell. I like it the best, and as you ask that would be the one I'd buy.
stuart
stuart
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 2823
Male Age : 67
My bike(s) : Tiger 800
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by yammydave Sun 05 Jul 2009, 17:27

I'm rather fond of the pink, white and purple Griz; I'm in touch with my feminine side! Laughing

But I do like the Tiger so much as well!

That's just a sticker FBF; new tyres.
And that's not a bad idea swapping the cans if I sell the Tiger first.
yammydave
yammydave
WSB Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Sun 05 Jul 2009, 19:21

yammydave wrote:I'm rather fond of the pink, white and purple Griz; I'm in touch with my feminine side! Laughing

But I do like the Tiger so much as well!

That's just a sticker FBF; new tyres.
And that's not a bad idea swapping the cans if I sell the Tiger first.

Laughing Thats the same colours as I had when I bought my first blade many yonks ago & to be honest I loved the colours! Embarassed digging rofl

I've never had a tiger, one of my mates had one & I always liked his more than mine. I'll buy a tiger someday!
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

My bike(s) : 93 Blade Streetfighter & a 96 Engineless Blade, soon to become 1 & a 95 GPZ1100 Grand tourer which is looking for a new home! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by yammydave Sun 05 Jul 2009, 20:56

Well the first shake down run of 130 miles went well.
Started with a short trip to the Hooten Pagnell Craft Fair between Doncaster and Barnsley.
Its a very old stone built little village of immense character and high property prices that holds a fair every year.
Though poorly advertised it enjoys around 3000 visitors and is well worth the visit.
Sat behind Mandy on her CBR600 the ride was relaxed, uneventful and pleasant enough.
Returning home I then had the arduous task of taking the RRP out for a proper blast with some fast bends to scrub those new tyres in. The A161 and A164 are my favourite roads for doing just that with some very technical bends to find any flaws.
The bike scored highly hitting almost 100% bar 2 little faults; one being the back brake travel is too excessive for my likeing. Though an MOT pass I like the back brake to start pretty much immediately so I can scrub speed if needed but I always use the rear brake to stablise the bike under neavy braking; so this needs sorting.
The other fault was the neutral light kept flashing on and off intermittently so maybe a worn switch or probably the cable's insulation is damaged somewhere and earthing on an engine case!
I'll sort these tomorrow with any luck and then give her another balst of around 70 miles to ensure everything is right.
The front forks work well over bumpy roads however when you are heavy braking into bends on such roads at high speed they feel crap in comparison with the Urban Tigers more refined units.
The way it scores over the Tiger though is with its smaller feel, and also the way the clutch cable obscures the speedo with a defiant V sign towards speed limits!
This could be one of those decisions made by the toss of a coin. sunny
yammydave
yammydave
WSB Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 07 Jul 2009, 09:44

Hi , How about advertising them both at the same time as it seems the right buyer at the right time makes for the easyest sale ? The bike that gets the best price goes !....Personally the RRP is my favorite those twin round headlamps are more iconic than the urban tiger paint . Both are a credit to you mate.
Rowley
CBT Novice

Number of posts : 38
Male Age : 62
My bike(s) : 97 Fireblade
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Firebladeradmin Tue 07 Jul 2009, 10:06

I'd buy the RRP.....I cried when mine went and its younger brother is still missing it Smile
Firebladeradmin
Firebladeradmin
Website/Forum Owner
Website/Forum Owner

Number of posts : 3124
Male Registration date : 2007-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by yammydave Tue 07 Jul 2009, 12:50

Do you know Rowley that's a damm fine idea; only flaw being, the only place that sells nowadays is Ebay and the bidding never does ought until the last couple of hours, when it's then too late to withdraw the other one from sale!

Nutty lassie; it woodeny be the 1st beak ave delivered to Aberdeen quine!

Last September/October, the week before I bought the RRP I had to make the Aberdeen train station to deliver a GSXR1100WP to the new owner by 1:30 for my last train home.
Set off from Doncaster about an hour late, went through Edinburgh not round it. That was a damm stupid thing to do.
Ended up having to do it all without rest but for a pee when I fuelled up and didn't drop too much below 120kph (is that the right letter?) all the way!

Loved the ride (though not the bike, too bloody scarey for me). Some chavs stole signal cables at Newcastle and my train didn't reach Donny while 2:00am the following morning.

Tell me do you still lay awake at night wondering if your old bike is alright and still in one piece Nutty? Laughing
yammydave
yammydave
WSB Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Firebladeradmin Tue 07 Jul 2009, 12:54

yammydave wrote:Tell me do you still lay awake at night wondering if your old bike is alright and still in one piece Nutty? Laughing

I do indeed, or if I come across some photo's of it my eyes well up a little bit.....well it was my first ever blade and I dreamt of owning one for a very long time Laughing

The fella that bought it did join the forum, but hasn't come back for a while...hope it/he's ok affraid
Firebladeradmin
Firebladeradmin
Website/Forum Owner
Website/Forum Owner

Number of posts : 3124
Male Registration date : 2007-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by yammydave Tue 07 Jul 2009, 13:48

I know, I shouldn't really take the pith; my first was M69 DFL a r/w/b RRS and everytime I see one I try and spot the numberplate, even though it went to Durham.

My RRP is finally finished, do I sell it or keep it? Fireblade207

Only bought it because it was cheap, as well as my first Blade it was my first Honda in over 20 years (not really a Honda lover).
I've also bought other Hondas since because I enjoyed it that much.
Thing is over winter I put an old VF750F back into use and sold it to a guy in Pontefract after doing a fair bit of work on it. Rode it about 600-700 miles yet I didn't give it a moments thought after it had gone.
The 79 CeeBee 750/900F I'm just finishing now I've rebuilt to every last nut and bolt.
I'll pop a couple of hundred miles on to bed it in and scrub the tyres then sell that and I'll bet I don't get any sleepless nights there either.
But the Blades are different, they have soul so it doesn't matter which goes, I know I'll miss it and be looking out for it's numberplate.
Now pass me a tissue. cry
No not for that, God you've got a dirty mind! Laughing
yammydave
yammydave
WSB Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbikefinder Tue 07 Jul 2009, 19:06

Wow, why didn't you keep that?
fastbikefinder
fastbikefinder
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 4582
Male Age : 46
My bike(s) : Trek VX with suspenders & Specialized Hemi
Registration date : 2007-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by yammydave Tue 07 Jul 2009, 19:54

fastbikefinder wrote:Wow, why didn't you keep that?

Yeah I often wish I had.
yammydave
yammydave
WSB Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by yammydave Thu 09 Jul 2009, 19:54

So from the vote the Tiger won then.

But which did I decide to sell?

Ebay item number 190320475471 reveals all!
yammydave
yammydave
WSB Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathace Fri 10 Jul 2009, 22:12

very nice dave if i had the dosh m8 i would chew ya arm off for it, good luck with the sale and wise choice.

Russ
Deathace
Deathace
WSB Racer

Number of posts : 509
Male Age : 49
My bike(s) : 2008 Triumph Speed Triple 1050
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by wild bill Fri 10 Jul 2009, 22:55

yammydave wrote:So from the vote the Tiger won then.

But which did I decide to sell?

Ebay item number 190320475471 reveals all!

I was snooping around eBay yesterday looking for a new bike and stumbled across your Blade, i must say YD your advert is very well done and laid out well, next time i'm selling a bike i know who to ask eyebrow

Hope it does well anyway mate, should do, it's a beautiful example...
... shame about the colours!!! Rolling Eyes
wild bill
wild bill
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jallen Sat 11 Jul 2009, 07:38

Like the advert Smile
jallen
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1750
Male Age : 51
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Sat 11 Jul 2009, 13:23

Crackin add YD, if I had the money I'd snap your arm off! Laughing

I thought I had sold some parts to you in the past so had a quick look through my feedback & you bought some parts from me back in Oct 08! what a small world hey!
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by yammydave Sat 11 Jul 2009, 20:38

Thanks for the comments guys.

It's a shame Mrs YD didn't want it, I could have sold her CBR600 instead, but her confidence is good after a short while on the 6, on the Blade not so good!

By the way Griz, have you and MB got a head sourced yet?

It has occured to me that I may have a good head and cams hiding in the shed/garage from some of the bits I've accumulated over the years.
yammydave
yammydave
WSB Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Sat 11 Jul 2009, 23:12

yammydave wrote:By the way Griz, have you and MB got a head sourced yet?

It has occured to me that I may have a good head and cams hiding in the shed/garage from some of the bits I've accumulated over the years.

I'm not 100% sure if MB has a replacement head & cams I best check.

My engine is a 893 do you have a matching head & cams? + is there any chance the head has been gas flowed & you've got some nicely raced up near new race cams for me??? Laughing

When I find the time I'll post up the engine strip down pics on my thread .
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by yammydave Sun 12 Jul 2009, 07:15

Let me know what's what Griz and I'll dig it out and get you some pics.
Unfortunately my camera doesn't do close-ups very well but should be able to show any journal wear fairly clearly.

It is 893cc and if I remember correctly from an RRS.
It was from a dropped bike with smashed cases and generator so it is possible that some crank damage had occurred, though with the generator going it will have meant the engine will have cut out immediately and not been stuck with a wide open throttle bending valves.

Only paid £90 for all the lot, gearbox, crank, etc, etc, so if you need anything it isn't going to cost you an arm and a leg (though I don't doubt postage will be high).
Should have remembered it when reading your thread but I've bought so much stuff over the years I tend to forget, and it wasn't until you mentioned about me "buying from you" that triggered my memory.
yammydave
yammydave
WSB Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by yammydave Sun 12 Jul 2009, 14:39

wild bill wrote:
I was snooping around eBay yesterday looking for a new bike and stumbled across your Blade, i must say YD your advert is very well done and laid out well, next time i'm selling a bike i know who to ask eyebrow

Hope it does well anyway mate, should do, it's a beautiful example...
... shame about the colours!!! Rolling Eyes

When I sold my RRV a few year back the guy I sold it to was from from Baildon above Bradford.
A really big bloke with it seems, dodgy connections he was far too big for the bike (frankly he looked ridiculous on it), but I'd delivered it to him and I wasn't about to refuse the cash, so figured it prudent not to point it out.
After 3 months he asked me to sell it for him. Who was I to argue!
Surprisingly the bike finished at the same price more or less, as the first time round.

Took it for a quick blast of around 80 miles this dinner, to Squires at Sherburn and back.
Of course most of my mileage on the bike had been before the strip down.
It was good then, now it's bloody excellent. Awesome ride.
Really is shit having to sell it!
At the time of writing it has reached 824 views, 138 watchers, 8 bids and £1650.01 with 7 days and 4 hours still to go.
So at least it looks like it will reach proper money, I just hope (on top of that, of course) whoever gets it looks after it.
If it weren't for the more refined forks in the Urban Tiger I think there would be every chance I'd be selling that instead.
Especially seem as I love the colours (you need to get more in touch with your feminine side to appreciate them WB)! Laughing
yammydave
yammydave
WSB Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by wild bill Sun 12 Jul 2009, 23:33

yammydave wrote:At the time of writing it has reached 824 views, 138 watchers, 8 bids and £1650.01 with 7 days and 4 hours still to go.

I love the colours (you need to get more in touch with your feminine side to appreciate them WB)! Laughing

£1650 with a week to go! Looks like the drinks are on you next weekend!
That's really good news but it's a very good example and should get top money.

As for the colours... I do actually like them (to an extent) but they just look a bit dated.
some old bikes age really well and still look good to this day but that colour scheme
just reminds me of shell suits "the mullet" hair style and Timmy Mallet Laughing
wild bill
wild bill
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by masterblader Mon 13 Jul 2009, 00:35

griz wrote:

My engine is a 893 do you have a matching head & cams? + is there any chance the head has been gas flowed & you've got some nicely raced up near new race cams for me??? Laughing

A cylinder head and cams off a RRS is ready to be fitted within a couple of days, I ve just returned from North Wales so would have a break from the bike scene and come back with some torque
masterblader
masterblader
The Blade Guru
The Blade Guru

Number of posts : 5392
Male Age : 79
My bike(s) : RRS, CB500 2 X NC29
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Mon 13 Jul 2009, 08:38

masterblader wrote:
griz wrote:

A cylinder head and cams off a RRS is ready to be fitted within a couple of days, I ve just returned from North Wales so would have a break from the bike scene and come back with some torque

Thats great news MB!

I hope you had a good time in north wales thumbup
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next