www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.
www.firebladeriders.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scottish Bike Show - 14 to 15th March

+10
bladaz
bigtam
Devine Wind
Rick
chilli
bazza
Tazfiend
Cupasoop
stuart
Firebladeradmin
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Scottish Bike Show - 14 to 15th March - Page 2 Empty Re: Scottish Bike Show - 14 to 15th March

Post by silverback Thu 12 Mar 2009, 13:04

I take it Bladaz you've not seen the weekend weather forecast rain1 rain1 weatherstorm
silverback
silverback
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 2843
Male Age : 57
My bike(s) : R1 2008
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Back to top Go down

Scottish Bike Show - 14 to 15th March - Page 2 Empty Re: Scottish Bike Show - 14 to 15th March

Post by bazza Sun 15 Mar 2009, 20:47

So, well, right, good, bad or what?? well i was working all weekend so come on peeps was it .. good, bad or down right ugly... and any pic,s of some bike,s or babe,s..
bazza
bazza
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1266
Male Age : 105
My bike(s) : RR2 Fireblade
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by chilli Sun 15 Mar 2009, 23:02

well i was there, even though i didnt meet up with any of you lot.
Busiest show i have seen for a long while,
The major manu's put on a poor show with the bike displays
and MCN let us down again with the limited amount of babes for us older dudes to oggle Laughing
shame about the weather, seems stupid to have the show so eary in the year and could easily be on a date when the rain is at least a tad hotter rofl
all in all i did enjoy it, the classic display is always a delight for me no matter how many times i see the same bikes ( gave me some great ideas for me bobber).
chilli
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3876
Male Age : 65
My bike(s) : yep!
Registration date : 2007-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Tazfiend Mon 16 Mar 2009, 15:32

I enjoyed it, doesn't really matter to me what's on show I just enjoy soaking up the atmosphere (a bit like going to the bike shop when you've no intention of buying anything... other people do that as well don't they?). The weather was dry (if somewhat breezy and cold) for my visit so I guess I was lucky there.

Met NT briefly, and her OH and lovely kids. It was good to put a face properly to the name and she's a lovely lady. Very Happy

I didn't get very many good pics, but as soon as I've them off the camera I'll post some up.
Tazfiend
Tazfiend
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1337
Male Age : 55
My bike(s) : CBR900RRX
Registration date : 2008-01-15

https://www.youtube.com/tazfiend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firebladeradmin Mon 16 Mar 2009, 16:34

We didn't get down to the show til about lunchtime, had to stop every half hour as the wee one kept pooping then screaming her head off Laughing

Finally got there after driving through gales, had a few scarey moments, really thought the wind was gonna lift us and throw us back into the water eeek!

Bumped into Tim Hasting's (Twister) dad just by chance, just thought it was some dodgy bloke handing out leaflets until we looked at it and realised who it was doh! haha

Not very many 'babes' that I could see, Kev might tell you different, they all looked about 16, or is that coming from me being a mother and an old git now LOL

Anyway, it wasn't too bad, much smaller from when I used to go many moons ago, the burger vans are still as bad! LOL

Good to meet you too Taz and also Cupasoop, hopefully see ya's again when the better weather is here for the Scotland Rideout Smile
Firebladeradmin
Firebladeradmin
Website/Forum Owner
Website/Forum Owner

Number of posts : 3124
Male Registration date : 2007-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bladaz Mon 16 Mar 2009, 19:06

It was good for a first timer i met my mate in Dundee he had a few palls with him so it was good fun with the bikes apart from the forth rd bridge fxxk doing that again came home through kinross as no one fancyd the bridge again.

Anyway bought myself 1pc RST leathers £150 bucks £499 in the shops bargain. The custom bikes were something else and the new R1 looks minted. I agree there was a lack of babes

Did anyone else scoop any bargains??
bladaz
bladaz
CBT Novice

Number of posts : 89
Male Age : 46
My bike(s) : RR5
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupasoop Mon 16 Mar 2009, 20:50

bladaz wrote:Did anyone else scoop any bargains??

I walked past the Bikesafe stand 3 times and got one of these plastic things you put under your side stand each time dance . I'm easy pleased.

Spent loads of time on the classic stands, some real crackers there, and outside watching the kids racing on the minimotos. Would love to think there was another big name amongst them. Most of them were so young their legs could hardly reach the pegs.

I think I was the victim of the most severe penny pinching I've ever seen. Was approached by one of the various dolly birds that were wandering around and offered one of the papers she was carrying. Guessing it was a copy of MCN, as she was wearing a MCN shirt, I said sure, drop it in the bag and held up my polly bag for her. Got home and decides to have a read of it. Takes it out the bag only to discover it was a Sun newspaper!! Worse than that, it was Fridays paper. The fannies were handing out out of date papers. What the hell was that all about?

Nice to meet Nutty for the first time and Kev again.
Cupasoop
Cupasoop
CBT Novice

Number of posts : 78
Male Age : 56
My bike(s) : RRW (gone)
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Devine Wind Mon 16 Mar 2009, 22:10

Thoroughly enjoyed itm being in the company of so many bikers and meeting a lot of peeps I hav'nt seen for ages. Never realy had time to soak up the whole thing or any bargains, still got new sliders and a visor so it was well worth the mad dash through. Did notice a couple of pre-pubesent girls sitting on bikes, that added fuel for my girlfriend to proceed to slate them for making the bikes look shit. Then she bought the biggest sissy bar bag you can buy for an Intruder and wind surfed all the way home.
Made the fatal mistake of having a burger and a coffee that new brand that's blended with cat piss. Yeah! made a pavement pizza out of that in Glenrothes same night. Took a couple of pictures of the harleys by the boys from Clydebank, they are shit to ride but you would want one just to sit in dining room. Good stuff would have liked more time there. Next year weather permitin. Smile
Devine Wind
Devine Wind
BSB Racer

Number of posts : 272
Male Age : 62
My bike(s) : 929 RRY Blade
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by twister Tue 17 Mar 2009, 18:30

The show did seem to be very well attended on both days. It was good meeting Nutty and her family and as Nutty says, I was handing out Tim "Twister" Hastings promo cards. 500 of them to be exact and a further 300 were posted on car windscreens. clap

Tim couldn't be there, he was making his way back from testing in Spain. I collected him from Edinburgh airport at 16h30 on Sunday.

However, the classic bikes were well presented, in particular a few Honda 400 Four's, very clean examples indeed. I have some fond memories involving a 400 four.

Anyhow, I have received the Twister T-shirts, that Nutty organised and delivered, (thanks Nutty), so if anyone would like to purchase one or even take part in the promotion we are running, aimed at helping fund our 2009 campaign, we'd appreciate your help, just visit Tim's website for details or get in touch here or on the PM. We will be doing the draw for tickets to the opening round at Brands Hatch on Easter weekend in a fortnight's time, so if you would like to be in with a chance to win a pair of weekend passes, there is still time.

Cheers

Tony
twister
CBT Novice

Number of posts : 52
Male Age : 31
My bike(s) : Honda RS125 GP
Registration date : 2007-07-24

http://www.timhastingsracing.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2