www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.

Fireblade Trackday , Cadwell , April 9th

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Fireblade Trackday , Cadwell , April 9th

Post by shadow on Thu 15 Dec 2011, 15:44

megawatt wrote:Venue will be Cadwell on April 9th, Bank Holiday Monday . Price to be advised very soon?

Might it be idea to change the title, now we have a specific date and place to work with ?
avatar
shadow
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 3003
Male Age : 37
Location : Nottingham
My bike(s) : 06 R1
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Fireblade Trackday , Cadwell , April 9th

Post by Guest on Thu 15 Dec 2011, 19:01

Done, thanks Shad.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Fireblade Trackday , Cadwell , April 9th

Post by Kaiser on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 12:32

Love Cadwell so would be keen to get on to some track frolics there....... nanadance
avatar
Kaiser
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 4491
Male Age : 35
Location : East Lothian
My bike(s) : HM Plant RR10, RR8 Race bike, HM Plant RR7 and a nice rotavated garden!
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Fireblade Trackday , Cadwell , April 9th

Post by Guest on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 13:22

Can you copy and paste your name to the list please mate.*
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Fireblade Trackday , Cadwell , April 9th

Post by Kaiser on Tue 20 Dec 2011, 10:14

megawatt wrote:Can you copy and paste your name to the list please mate.*

I'm there on the 27th March mate so I'll need to see what bargaining power I can find with the Mrs to allow consecutive weeks away Laughing

I'm away to Losail for the GP in April as well so need to find something to negotiate with

Will confirm as soon as I know.
avatar
Kaiser
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 4491
Male Age : 35
Location : East Lothian
My bike(s) : HM Plant RR10, RR8 Race bike, HM Plant RR7 and a nice rotavated garden!
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Fireblade Trackday , Cadwell , April 9th

Post by Guest on Tue 20 Dec 2011, 11:13

OK mate. Price has been confirmed as 105 for the full day!!! Not bad for a Bank Holiday Monday?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Fireblade Trackday , Cadwell , April 9th

Post by Craig@cmr on Tue 20 Dec 2011, 11:30

Right Ladies & Gents, its now all 100% official and i now have the link for Booking.

Huge thanks must go out to Jo @ Easytrack who has been astounding in putting this together inside 3 weeks from a complete scratch.

http://www.easytrack.co.uk/1000rr

Hire bikes are available for those needing them, and we will be having instructors available throughout the day to help ALL ABILITIES.

Please ensure you book swiftly as we have till feb 10th before the day goes 'open' and allow anyone to book.

Craig@cmr
CBT Novice

Number of posts : 65
Male Age : 35
Location : louth
My bike(s) : RR7 race Bike....Supported By LB Performance UK
Registration date : 2009-08-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Fireblade Trackday , Cadwell , April 9th

Post by stotty on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 21:46

Just seen this sorry for not adding sooner but i'm in, sounds cool, i know i,m g onna upset someone here but, surley it,s a case of either go or don't! nothin worse than hearin loads of faf when you try and get everyone together for a day, nice one all who are tryin to sort a fireblade track day, so what if other bikes are there so long as there lots of blades of all types? will prices and booking info be on this thread? have put it on callender, carn't wait.

sorry went straight to the bottom without reading last post will book soon as on the above link see you all there.


Last edited by stotty on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 21:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : too eager!)
avatar
stotty
CBT Novice

Number of posts : 85
Male Age : 42
Location : Wirral
My bike(s) : Fireblade RRT
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Fireblade Trackday , Cadwell , April 9th

Post by stotty on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 22:11

I'M BOOKED ! hell year see yall there.
avatar
stotty
CBT Novice

Number of posts : 85
Male Age : 42
Location : Wirral
My bike(s) : Fireblade RRT
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Fireblade Trackday , Cadwell , April 9th

Post by Guest on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 22:55

Nice one mate, see ya there.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Fireblade Trackday , Cadwell , April 9th

Post by morpheus20170 on Sat 28 Jan 2012, 00:11

How are folks from down South getting there and are you staying somewhere the night before?
avatar
morpheus20170
WSB Racer

Number of posts : 521
Male Age : 47
Location : Brighton
My bike(s) : Honda CBR600RR-07 (stolen) Honda CBR1000RR-06
Registration date : 2010-10-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Fireblade Trackday , Cadwell , April 9th

Post by stotty on Tue 20 Mar 2012, 10:04

Carnt wait for cadwell but bit worried my can won't pass the 105db limit I've got a baffle but its not for my can might make it a bit quieter, anyone know how fussy they are? Don't really want to put original can on as its been dynojetted for this one would be gutted to get there and told too p*ss off!
P.s. anyone got any fr stickers I could purchase for the bike as don't know anyone whose going.
avatar
stotty
CBT Novice

Number of posts : 85
Male Age : 42
Location : Wirral
My bike(s) : Fireblade RRT
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Fireblade Trackday , Cadwell , April 9th

Post by JT on Tue 20 Mar 2012, 12:53

Now then stotty

They will noise test every bike, stood still with a few thous. rev's on and one of them watches your rev counter so you can't cheat Laughing and you get a sticker to say it's passed thumbup

Gutted about this, I'll be at Brands for BSB opener hammer or will I
avatar
JT
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1589
Male Age : 52
Location : Thirsk
My bike(s) : 01 Yamaha XJR1300SP
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Fireblade Trackday , Cadwell , April 9th

Post by CBR Monkey on Tue 20 Mar 2012, 12:58

JT wrote:Now then stotty

They will noise test every bike, stood still with a few thous. rev's on and one of them watches your rev counter so you can't cheat and you get a sticker to say it's passed

Gutted about this, I'll be at Brands for BSB opener or will I

Can you stick your original end can on and get tested with that and then swap them over once you have passed. Tracks these days are clamping down on noise levels, too many locals complaining about living next door to a race circuit Rolling Eyes
avatar
CBR Monkey
BSB Racer

Number of posts : 367
Male Age : 39
Location : Sevenoaks
My bike(s) : CBR900RR, CB400/4, NC29
Registration date : 2010-07-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Fireblade Trackday , Cadwell , April 9th

Post by Kaiser on Tue 20 Mar 2012, 13:03

105db is fairly high, I would expect most to get through that no probs.

p.s. I'm racing the weekend following this so unable to come along.
avatar
Kaiser
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 4491
Male Age : 35
Location : East Lothian
My bike(s) : HM Plant RR10, RR8 Race bike, HM Plant RR7 and a nice rotavated garden!
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Fireblade Trackday , Cadwell , April 9th

Post by stotty on Tue 20 Mar 2012, 13:08

All right matey,
Yeh I'm gonna see how much quieter the baffle makes it, will they listen to em all day and pull you off if it sounds loud ? Or see how it runs with standard can on, Yeh mate you should be coming dude, really lookin forward to my first track day, I'm going to try and get to more bsb this year might even try to go to assen. It's not that loud It's an akra can with stainless pipes but there brand new and seems to be a bit more harsh? I'm riding there cos I carnt get bike in my van so will only have what I go with unless anyone going fancy lending me a standard can.
avatar
stotty
CBT Novice

Number of posts : 85
Male Age : 42
Location : Wirral
My bike(s) : Fireblade RRT
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Fireblade Trackday , Cadwell , April 9th

Post by Kaiser on Tue 20 Mar 2012, 13:52

stotty wrote:All right matey,
Yeh I'm gonna see how much quieter the baffle makes it, will they listen to em all day and pull you off if it sounds loud ? Or see how it runs with standard can on, Yeh mate you should be coming dude, really lookin forward to my first track day, I'm going to try and get to more bsb this year might even try to go to assen. It's not that loud It's an akra can with stainless pipes but there brand new and seems to be a bit more harsh? I'm riding there cos I carnt get bike in my van so will only have what I go with unless anyone going fancy lending me a standard can.

If you are there early or if you do get someone to share a van with, just make sure and run the bike for a while before testing to warm the can etc up. For litre bikes you'll hold 4.5k rpm and see what it's reading is. Most get through 105db levels mate including a friend with a monstrously loud RC8. I will have to see how mine is, moving from a scorpion system to a full leo vince Ti race system. The baffle quietens the system to around a standard back box level. I'm pretty sure they will have a noise device at the end of the straight somewhere which will monitor the bikes all day, that may differ from track to track depending on the TDO's restrictions from the track or councils.

If you decide to get the noise test with the baffle in and run with it out, you "might" and it's a big might, get pulled in and told to get the baffle back in. Most will give you one chance depending on the TDO.

Either way, dont let it worry you, you'll enjoy the td either way mate, I'm sure.

Wish I could have made it but I'm at Cadwell on Tuesday, Knockhill 30th & 1st and then race on 14th & 15th so plenty on.



avatar
Kaiser
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 4491
Male Age : 35
Location : East Lothian
My bike(s) : HM Plant RR10, RR8 Race bike, HM Plant RR7 and a nice rotavated garden!
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Fireblade Trackday , Cadwell , April 9th

Post by stotty on Tue 20 Mar 2012, 14:00

Cool nice one kaiser think I'll just take the baffle with some wading round it so it fits well , Yeh mate sounds like you've got a bit on, roll on summer? Really lookin forward to getting out on bike done loads to it over winter It's all black now, with rc45 front end , was gonna do a hm plant job, blades look so cool in black! Sunny here today , feel like a kid two weeks before Xmas!....
avatar
stotty
CBT Novice

Number of posts : 85
Male Age : 42
Location : Wirral
My bike(s) : Fireblade RRT
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Fireblade Trackday , Cadwell , April 9th

Post by Kaiser on Tue 20 Mar 2012, 14:03

stotty wrote:Cool nice one kaiser think I'll just take the baffle with some wading round it so it fits well , Yeh mate sounds like you've got a bit on, roll on summer? Really lookin forward to getting out on bike done loads to it over winter It's all black now, with rc45 front end , was gonna do a hm plant job, blades look so cool in black! Sunny here today , feel like a kid two weeks before Xmas!....

I know the feeling mate. I'm like a greyhound in the traps and the rabbit has just flown by rofl

Take the baffle mate, whether you need to run with it or without, just chill and enjoy the riding and not all that bollocks.

Cadwell is my favourite track, if there is or was any way for me to get down I'd be doing it Wink
avatar
Kaiser
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 4491
Male Age : 35
Location : East Lothian
My bike(s) : HM Plant RR10, RR8 Race bike, HM Plant RR7 and a nice rotavated garden!
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Fireblade Trackday , Cadwell , April 9th

Post by JT on Tue 20 Mar 2012, 14:04

CBR Monkey wrote:
Can you stick your original end can on and get tested with that and then swap them over once you have passed. Tracks these days are clamping down on noise levels, too many locals complaining about living next door to a race circuit Rolling Eyes


Your shout but personally I wouldn't take the risk. They might end your day there and then if they pull you and then your day's knackered.

My 59 plate with a Leo Vinci GP Pro can only, just got through at 104 I think, with the baffle in, very close. Also, when I went to Snetterton, the reading was different frustrated
avatar
JT
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1589
Male Age : 52
Location : Thirsk
My bike(s) : 01 Yamaha XJR1300SP
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Fireblade Trackday , Cadwell , April 9th

Post by Kaiser on Tue 20 Mar 2012, 14:09

JT wrote:
CBR Monkey wrote:
Can you stick your original end can on and get tested with that and then swap them over once you have passed. Tracks these days are clamping down on noise levels, too many locals complaining about living next door to a race circuit Rolling Eyes


Your shout but personally I wouldn't take the risk. They might end your day there and then if they pull you and then your day's knackered.

My 59 plate with a Leo Vinci GP Pro can only, just got through at 104 I think, with the baffle in, very close. Also, when I went to Snetterton, the reading was different frustrated

104 with the baffle in ??? affraid

My Leo Vince doesn't sound dis-similar to my full Ti Akra on my HM Plant road bike

Thats nuts mate, my Scorpion system with no baffle was a mere 101db at Cadwell. My RR7 with the baffle in, got through Donny testing at under 100db.
I think it largely depends on the user but generally speaking, most TDO's want to try & make sure you get on track so will do what they can to get yuou on. Listen to the briefing, the warning is generally in there. I know a few Co's pull you once unless specified otherwise to warn you and then if you fail to comply they will bin you.

avatar
Kaiser
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 4491
Male Age : 35
Location : East Lothian
My bike(s) : HM Plant RR10, RR8 Race bike, HM Plant RR7 and a nice rotavated garden!
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Fireblade Trackday , Cadwell , April 9th

Post by stotty on Tue 20 Mar 2012, 14:11

Mmmm, might see if I can get it tested before I go wonder if the guy that dynoed it can check the db? Just carnt stand the idea of removing that titainium loveliness for a standard can .
avatar
stotty
CBT Novice

Number of posts : 85
Male Age : 42
Location : Wirral
My bike(s) : Fireblade RRT
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Fireblade Trackday , Cadwell , April 9th

Post by Kaiser on Tue 20 Mar 2012, 14:13

stotty wrote:Mmmm, might see if I can get it tested before I go wonder if the guy that dynoed it can check the db? Just carnt stand the idea of removing that titainium loveliness for a standard can .

Just take the DB killer. It won't breach 105 db's with a db killer in mate.
avatar
Kaiser
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 4491
Male Age : 35
Location : East Lothian
My bike(s) : HM Plant RR10, RR8 Race bike, HM Plant RR7 and a nice rotavated garden!
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Fireblade Trackday , Cadwell , April 9th

Post by JT on Tue 20 Mar 2012, 14:19

Kaiser wrote:
stotty wrote:Mmmm, might see if I can get it tested before I go wonder if the guy that dynoed it can check the db? Just carnt stand the idea of removing that titainium loveliness for a standard can .

Just take the DB killer. It won't breach 105 db's with a db killer in mate.

I agree Kaiser Mate
avatar
JT
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1589
Male Age : 52
Location : Thirsk
My bike(s) : 01 Yamaha XJR1300SP
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Fireblade Trackday , Cadwell , April 9th

Post by stotty on Tue 20 Mar 2012, 14:24

F##ck it that's what I'm gonna do , if they nab me well I'll suffer for my art!!
avatar
stotty
CBT Novice

Number of posts : 85
Male Age : 42
Location : Wirral
My bike(s) : Fireblade RRT
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Fireblade Trackday , Cadwell , April 9th

Post by Kaiser on Tue 20 Mar 2012, 14:27

Take your DB killer with you, that way your covered should you need it. Other than that, get on & enjoy mate. Wish I was coming ...............
avatar
Kaiser
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 4491
Male Age : 35
Location : East Lothian
My bike(s) : HM Plant RR10, RR8 Race bike, HM Plant RR7 and a nice rotavated garden!
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Fireblade Trackday , Cadwell , April 9th

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum