www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.
www.firebladeriders.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silverstone arena gp 3rd may

+6
Kaiser
Cove
JT
fastbikefinder
Iggy
shadow
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Silverstone arena gp 3rd may Empty Silverstone arena gp 3rd may

Post by shadow Wed 28 Apr 2010, 11:29

Im there, red and white R6. sunny

Give us a shout if you are to Smile
shadow
shadow
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 3003
Male Age : 44
My bike(s) : 06 R1
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Back to top Go down

Silverstone arena gp 3rd may Empty Re: Silverstone arena gp 3rd may

Post by Iggy Sat 01 May 2010, 16:22

Sure, lend me the money and I'll go with ya mate lol
Iggy
Iggy
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by shadow Mon 03 May 2010, 21:50

Sorry mate it was sold out, or i would have got you a spot. whistle

Got a session on the new bmw Cool
Silverstone arena gp 3rd may Picture007
Silverstone arena gp 3rd may Picture011

The R6. hyper
Silverstone arena gp 3rd may Picture006
Silverstone arena gp 3rd may Picture004

Was a mix of wet and dry, but it never got to the stage of mounting the wets.
shadow
shadow
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbikefinder Tue 04 May 2010, 02:04

Aren't you going to give us a run down of the beemer ?
fastbikefinder
fastbikefinder
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 4582
Male Age : 46
My bike(s) : Trek VX with suspenders & Specialized Hemi
Registration date : 2007-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Tue 04 May 2010, 08:44

What about the new track layout hyper
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1589
Male Age : 59
My bike(s) : 01 Yamaha XJR1300SP
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by shadow Tue 04 May 2010, 10:36

fastbikefinder wrote:Aren't you going to give us a run down of the beemer ?

Sorry was knackered, so didnt post alot last night.
Best way to describe, would be r6 with double the power. Smile
It still needed to be reved to go anywhere, 8 - 10 was the fun zone, 10 - 13 was warp drive zone, passed a gsxr1000 k8 down the hanger straight like it was standing still.
Must be noted the bike i used had a full race akky system, so it might have had more than the 193 stock power.

Whelied off the throttle in 3rd and 4th without even trying, the electronics were there to save a flip, just keep it pinned, then it sorts it out.
Bike was on supercorsa's, so it was in race map mode, guy said all slick mode does is water down the anti wheelie and traction\abs systems, but the power and its delivery remains the same.

Very very, powerful brakes, best ive ever used.

Simply the fastest best bike i have ever ridden. hyper

But i have checked behind the sofa and 12k wasent to be found. cry
shadow
shadow
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shadow Tue 04 May 2010, 10:44

JT wrote:What about the new track layout hyper

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/track/circuit-maps/newgrandprix-circuit/

Stunning mate, some real big boys corners, ireland, is stupidly fast, 4th gear on the r6, well over 100mph. hyper

Start finish is another, the corner before was flat 3rd to 4th driving all the way through. woot

Luffield, is 2nd gear, you seam to be on the side of the tyre for ages, like is this corner ever going to end eyebrow

I think its called arena corner, that is another one you can carry, so much speed through, 3rd driving through it.

I will have to book another day here, its that good, maybe aug, if there are any dates going.
shadow
shadow
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cove Tue 04 May 2010, 12:04

I did the old Silverstone gp circuit last year and really liked it, think I'll have to have a go at booking it again this august too, I had crap weather for the 1st half of the day and it took me ages to learn the circuit. but in the afternoon when the sun was out and you know the circuit it,you can really get the hammer down.
Cove
Cove
Superstock Racer

Number of posts : 226
My bike(s) : CBR900RR Bitza Blades
Registration date : 2009-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbikefinder Tue 04 May 2010, 14:05

Circuit sounds great whatever you were on!
fastbikefinder
fastbikefinder
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Tue 04 May 2010, 14:31

The beemer still interest me brickwall
Kaiser
Kaiser
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 4491
Male Age : 42
My bike(s) : HM Plant RR10, RR8 Race bike, HM Plant RR7 and a nice rotavated garden!
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbikefinder Tue 04 May 2010, 15:35

If you could do that track any bike would interest. I'd be happy to try it on a goldwing rofl

Silverstone arena gp 3rd may The-New-Grand-Prix-Circuit
fastbikefinder
fastbikefinder
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Tue 04 May 2010, 17:05

Wouldn'y go that far Silverstone arena gp 3rd may 396226
Kaiser
Kaiser
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 4491
Male Age : 42
My bike(s) : HM Plant RR10, RR8 Race bike, HM Plant RR7 and a nice rotavated garden!
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by okeycat Tue 04 May 2010, 20:24

tried to get on but sold out, did the arena track last bank holiday, they have got a almost great track and they f**k it up with a stupid hairpin thats not as tight as mallory and not as open as brands, still a fast track, given the choice i'd take the mods of the last part but do the bridge section instead of the arena,
okeycat
CBT Novice

Number of posts : 20
Male Location : burton on trent
Registration date : 2007-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by shadow Tue 04 May 2010, 21:21

Right, once i know the dates im going for i will put something up, perhaps with more than 2 days notice this time. Smile

Holy crap, will be a busy aug, what with a 2 dayer at cadwell, donny hopefully back open and now this. happyahh

See you guys out there hyper
shadow
shadow
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Silverstone arena gp 3rd may Empty trak top day not so

Post by BUZZ Sat 08 May 2010, 11:21

I agree the track is the dogs!!!! but i felt i did not get my hard ernt £170.00 worth of service the day was not what i would of paid my money for to be sat out at stow £90.00 may be but £170.00 no thanks for that i want the full silverstone exsperiance including sitting in a garage on pit lane with me tyre warmers and my mates watching them flash by pit lane. Would of been mush better if i could of changed my day but hey no way was you getting that was a case of thanks we got your cash tough luck live with it or F off i have been to the track other times and its been Brill but the 3rd of May was not and prob my worst ever spent £170.00. I dont think days should be that way and as for the offer of a moto gp ticket in comp i already have one and thats not wwhat i paid my £170.00 for its like going into pc world and comming out with half a comp and a speaker when you paid for a lap top lol all i wanted was the full silverstone exsperiance
BUZZ
BUZZ
CBT Novice

Number of posts : 10
Male Age : 63
My bike(s) : BMW
Registration date : 2010-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by shadow Sat 08 May 2010, 14:21

Were you the loud mouth in the briefing ?
If it was you, why go to events, in that mood, i just dont get it.

Then i heard 2nd hand, that the same guy started a fight with another rider. scratch

Incase other reading this are thinking eh.

On friday, i got a call to say, we wouldent be using the pits, so if warmers were needed, bring a genny.
So thats what i did, we ended up in the stowe paddock.
It was just a game of follow my leader, of where to go.

Some other people clearly didnt get this message, so left the genny's at home.
As a sort of sorry, for not getting the pits, all poeple that went are set to recieve a moto gp race day ticket.
shadow
shadow
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shadow Sat 08 May 2010, 14:29

I can see where your coming from though, so now if im looking for a day, it will be with no limits.
Something else i heard from oulton, was fe overselling groups, so you rocked up to the exit line and was told, sorry track is full.
The only way to stop stuff like this, is to vote with yea feet, not book with them, choose one of the others.
The new one, easy track seams to be good also.
They have a date at silverstone, late in the year, close to when the bsb is there.
shadow
shadow
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BUZZ Sun 09 May 2010, 09:32

Mate i did not start or instigate a fight in pit lane there was no fight more of a disagrement steming from the situation we had been put in by FE.
Yes it was me that put my hand up in the breffing to complaine but my actions were not just for me, i tried to complain to FE and ask for my day to be moved but meet with no assistance and the coment of not our fault we carnt do anything turn up or lose your money.
Other people i know also made the call and got the same answer. I to get the offer of a moto GP ticket and was told i was a lone complaining voise in the crowd and that every one else was over the moon with a track day and a free ticket but i already have one, Asking if i could have a cash refund instead i.e. £60.00 i was told to take it up with silverstone or sell it on e bay.
Fom my age you can see i have been ridding bikes a long time and have been to 100s of track days both cars and bikes i have also raced at club level and attended silverstone more than 50 times in all its track layouts its a top place and i go there for the track and fasilitys that come with the day.
I have no idea if you have conections with FE but my actions were not baced sefisly £170.00 is a lot of money and i felt we all were not getting value for that money, as i was told by FE that if i got a refund or my day moved it would open the flood gate and others would want that and he was a buisness man and not going to do that.
Why should i and you not have that choise i would at Currys if i orded a black TV and they tried to fob me of with a silver one.
I appologise for disterbing the breffing but should people who make money on these events not have some responsability when they are not offering the full exsperiance you feel you are paying for?
Genny and sit outside is £100.00 or less track day, you know what too exspect when you pay your money so no prob no comment.
I did not espect this when i paid my £170.00
I did not go to the event in a mood I personally did not want to attened the event but FE gave me the chose turn up or lose your money.
Myself and others in our group made efforts to try and make the day better spending "more time and money" we went out and hired a 10 KVA genny we got another van to bring it as we did not have room with the bikes we were already bringing, unfurtunatlly that van broke down on the M way so the lad in it althow his bike was at the track missed the day all togeather.
We went to B and Q as it was to late by Friday to make other arangments and try to get somthing more substantial we brought a £90.00 Marquee it blow away in the wind dragging over a bike so yes by the time i arived late at the breffing i was a little upset, missing the start were you were told not to complane in the breffing.
Once again i apoligise if my actions detracted from your enjoyment of the day all i wanted to do once finding that we were being stranded at stowe was stay at home and let others who were happy to do that do so, i already had two other days booked for £99.00 at the same track and was purly going to have a good day out with my freinds.
The whole thing deteriated into a slanging match even getting down at the moment to me and you! FE could of done more to accomadate our grevaces and prevented all of it.
My intention was never to upset other people who had also spent there money with FE and were there for the plesure of ridding there bikes on a top track, but there were many rumballings of disapointment around the place that day and i just felt some one needed to take a stand
BUZZ
BUZZ
CBT Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by shadow Sun 09 May 2010, 12:19

No worries mate, i didnt realise you couldent transfer, the day, i didnt ask for that because i had the genny at my house and knew there would be a gap in the van for it.
Thats just poor customer service, turn up or loose your money.

I said to one of our lot during the day, bit like cadwell this, no power, outside, so know what you mean about a £99 day.

Its just another nail in the coffin, for me booking another day with them.

But i will do that track again this year, its to good not to hyper

Reading the above, seeing it from your side, think i would have done the same.
shadow
shadow
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BUZZ Sun 09 May 2010, 15:53

thanks for your uderstanding and yes you are right the track is to good not to do again and i hope to bump into you under better cercumstances with another company.

I ride a red white and blue BMW in track trim and of all the bikes ive owned i must say its the best value for money i have spent. Smile

I have arranged for my freind John KirKham to attent Mondays Track day just to add a little intrest.
Unfurtunatly i will not be there as for my part i have been banned from FE days i resived a letter telling me i had verbally abused his staff and saying i was a danger to myself and others on track somthing i had never been pulled up by FE or any body prior to my complant and did not on the day.

If you or any of your mates attend on monday 10th go along and say hi to him tell him cliff sent ya he will be in the garrage with Clarks Motorcycles he is a really nice lad verey aprochable and is always happy to pass on some of his tips.
Danial Clark will be there to he is a top chap owns the dealership and will point you in the rite direction with regards BMW.
He did me a cracking deal when i got mine and has been nothing but hepfull since. I have hooked him up with jhon and i think they will be working togeather on the race front very soon, jhon could do with the help he gets nothing from BMW.

I think i was just a pain in FE's side that did not want to lie down when i felt things were not as they should be.
Carnt remember ever metting him althow he did say i complind once before about 2 years ago.
Q'ed up for 10 mins and when i got to the front found i was in the wrong one and was sent to the back of another Q i mentioned that he might want to put a note on the table so people know what Q to join bit of a petty thing to remember if you ask me.

His parting shots on the phone to me were "you are a bully im not scared of you, your just a big thick C*&T and you can F*&K off your banned and if you dont shut up ill get you banned from Silverstone too"!

I have since learn from others who have avoided his day for 2 years following simllar situations, and other people withinin the industry, that he is referd to as "a little fat ginger twat that bullys his staff and belittles people at brefings and other encounters playing the" big man"

I carnt comment on this as i canot remember ever meeting the bloke althow his language towards me on the phone seems to indicate a little truth.

Keep it paint side up cheers
BUZZ
BUZZ
CBT Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbikefinder Sun 09 May 2010, 16:31

BUZZ wrote:..............I ride a red white and blue BMW in track trim and of all the bikes ive owned i must say its the best value for money i have spent. Smile

So what model is it?
fastbikefinder
fastbikefinder
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BUZZ Sun 09 May 2010, 16:41

S1000RR had to throw a bit os suspension at it as with my hight im a little over the 89kg recomended but the blokes at Build Base kawa in notts do a real good sell and fit deal on Butubo shock and 30mm catrage "bargin" is all i can say very hapfull.
Set them up and know what they on about look well trick too all adjustment on top of fork re on one leg comp on the other they can do any bike give um a call aske for steve
BUZZ
BUZZ
CBT Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by alsieboy Sun 09 May 2010, 17:07

sorry to be dull but who are FE?
alsieboy
alsieboy
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1936
Male Age : 56
My bike(s) : CBR900RR Urban Tiger, Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type UK

Back to top Go down

Post by BUZZ Sun 09 May 2010, 17:30

Focused events they provided the track day
BUZZ
BUZZ
CBT Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by shadow Sun 09 May 2010, 17:36

I only booked one day with them last year, they charged my card twice and tried to say it was my fault, tune soon changed, when i said the card details were given for £119, and the next call would be to the card issuer, saying it had been used without my consent.
The hire bike i got, wouldn't have looked out of place in a scrap yard, the tyres were shredded, the oil light came on after one lap, came back in, the guy said it was fine, did half a lap it came back on.
There was a spare bike, but he said, thats worse than this one.

I wouldent have booked monday, except, the only nl day was anglesea, bit far away, plus i got a lift in another van, saved me the cost of hiring one.

Im sure, people have good things to say about them, just not me.
shadow
shadow
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by alsieboy Sun 09 May 2010, 18:33

hhmm sounds like this quote from their website.. "The customer can be assured that we never rest on our laurels and are always looking to improve the service.

Remember, on our days our focus is you! " should be taken with a pinch of salt then
alsieboy
alsieboy
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1936
Male Age : 56
My bike(s) : CBR900RR Urban Tiger, Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type UK

Back to top Go down

Post by BUZZ Sun 09 May 2010, 19:11

LOL nice one mate i did not spot that lol but yes i think that was writen by the back room bull shit boys lol lol lol
BUZZ
BUZZ
CBT Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by shadow Sun 09 May 2010, 19:13

First day i did was at donnington, one of the speedfreeks ran ones.
That wasent good either, should have been sessions, it was open pitlane.
A few of the bsb guys were there [gulp]
So that didnt go well.

2nd one was with focused, in 05 i think, at mallory, loved it couldent do enough for yea, hire bike was great.
So good i booked 4 more that year with focused, all good.

Its only in recent times, things have took a turn for the worse.
shadow
shadow
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbikefinder Sun 09 May 2010, 19:15

I used to know one of their instructors who really knew his stuff.
I've not had first hand experience of them but have always heard bad press about them.

They don't seem to hold their events very focused!
fastbikefinder
fastbikefinder
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jallen Sun 09 May 2010, 19:25

Did two track days with them and they were pretty good, although the last one was two years ago.
jallen
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1750
Male Age : 51

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next