www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.
www.firebladeriders.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My new paintwork

+11
fastbikefinder
rapid777
cub
CBRRRT
helrazzer
masterblader
firebladder09
griz
danidge
wild bill
scotty80
15 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

My new paintwork - Page 2 Empty Re: My new paintwork

Post by Guest Sat 06 Mar 2010, 19:23

Yeah, thanks mate, sunshine makes a big difference. Hopefully tomorrow I will get a visit from some FBR helpers ???
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbikefinder Sat 06 Mar 2010, 23:06

Looking forward to tomorrows pictures.
fastbikefinder
fastbikefinder
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 4582
Male Age : 46
My bike(s) : Trek VX with suspenders & Specialized Hemi
Registration date : 2007-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Mar 2010, 23:37

Cheers mate, me too, if I can get some help gettin bike outta garage, it will be first time since November 12th. Battery is knackered, so I can't start it!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by wild bill Sun 07 Mar 2010, 00:07

Woah, looks excellent MW, much prefer that colour to the blue... good choice matey thumbup
wild bill
wild bill
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1614
Male Age : 57
My bike(s) : CBR1000RR5 CB1000 BMWF650 TY250
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Mar 2010, 06:22

Thanks Bill, Mayday meet lookin more likely!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by wild bill Sun 07 Mar 2010, 10:38

megawatt wrote:Thanks Bill, Mayday meet lookin more likely!
That's great news, fish'n'chips on the beach, then back to Rye to that carpark next to the harbour for a coffee, then a quick blat round the corner to that fish place for half a pint of prawns!

Blades and grub... yeh baby Laughing

Last edited by wild bill on Sun 07 Mar 2010, 10:40; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added more waffle)
wild bill
wild bill
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1614
Male Age : 57
My bike(s) : CBR1000RR5 CB1000 BMWF650 TY250
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Mar 2010, 16:41

Well , had a fun filled day in the garage cleaning most of the crap paint off my calipers so I can paint em again. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Anyway ,my mate Hamish turned up at 1300, to help me reattatch my guttering and take some pix of the bike. Couldn't get the bike into the sun as currently a dead battery and no brakes! So we just put the tank and the fairing in the sun! Pix to follow.

My new paintwork - Page 2 07032010226
My new paintwork - Page 2 07032010189
My new paintwork - Page 2 07032010187-1-1
My new paintwork - Page 2 07032010185-1
Look better in the flesh, 'onest!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Sun 07 Mar 2010, 16:47

Yep looks better in the sun, you can see the flecks popping out in the paint, nice!

How big is the headlight, it looks huge next to the tank! affraid
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1928
Male Age : 54
My bike(s) : 93 Blade Streetfighter & a 96 Engineless Blade, soon to become 1 & a 95 GPZ1100 Grand tourer which is looking for a new home! lol
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Mar 2010, 17:00

Fairing is 15" x 9", Tank is 20" wide by 26" long mate.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Sun 07 Mar 2010, 18:56

megawatt wrote:Fairing is 15" x 9", Tank is 20" wide by 26" long mate.

Not that big then, must look big because it's closest to the camera!
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

My bike(s) : 93 Blade Streetfighter & a 96 Engineless Blade, soon to become 1 & a 95 GPZ1100 Grand tourer which is looking for a new home! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Mar 2010, 19:18

It does doesn't it. lookat the other pix, on the bike? More in proportion.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Sun 07 Mar 2010, 19:34

megawatt wrote:It does doesn't it. lookat the other pix, on the bike? More in proportion.

Oh yeah just had a look, it looks fine on the bike mate thumbup
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dj1 Sun 07 Mar 2010, 20:47

great colour , i would leave it plain until you got more of the bike back together, then you can see what lines, decals and other colours you might want to add if any ??? awesome looking bike mate punk
dj1
dj1
Clubman Racer

Number of posts : 156
Male Age : 55
My bike(s) : 09 hrc blade 1000rr
Registration date : 2010-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Mar 2010, 23:52

Cheers mate, ditto.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbikefinder Mon 08 Mar 2010, 01:18

Looks great.
fastbikefinder
fastbikefinder
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by firebladder09 Mon 08 Mar 2010, 09:38

dj1 wrote:great colour , i would leave it plain until you got more of the bike back together, then you can see what lines, decals and other colours you might want to add if any ??? awesome looking bike mate punk

Good advice! sunny
firebladder09
firebladder09
BSB Racer

Number of posts : 267
Male Age : 65
My bike(s) : cbr1000rr
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Mar 2010, 09:54

Gonna do exactly that gents. Also paint bars , cover turquoise shock spring and satin black calipers
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CBRRRT Mon 08 Mar 2010, 17:56

megawatt wrote:Well , had a fun filled day in the garage cleaning most of the crap paint off my calipers so I can paint em again. My new paintwork - Page 2 Icon_evil My new paintwork - Page 2 Icon_evil My new paintwork - Page 2 Icon_evil
Anyway ,my mate Hamish turned up at 1300, to help me reattatch my guttering and take some pix of the bike. Couldn't get the bike into the sun as currently a dead battery and no brakes! So we just put the tank and the fairing in the sun! Pix to follow.

My new paintwork - Page 2 07032010226
My new paintwork - Page 2 07032010189
My new paintwork - Page 2 07032010187-1-1
My new paintwork - Page 2 07032010185-1
Look better in the flesh, 'onest!

Looks awsome mate, I think that finish is stunning. I've been thinking about the decals with that paint job and I would go with a "Dark Matter" type thing matey.

Now I just want to see it finished, coz I'm not very good at being patient.
CBRRRT
CBRRRT
Trackday Novice

Number of posts : 143
Male Age : 62
My bike(s) : 1996 Fireblade
Registration date : 2009-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Mar 2010, 18:01

Dark Matter? sounds interestin, what's that? Piccies please? Was workin on it today , but I had to stop to take some pix of my radguard? They are there now mate. Got to make new fairing brackets to fit the standard Blade clocks in, can't afford Vaypor or Acewell yet. Going to Engineering works tomorrow mate for some stainless. Do you want anythin?My new paintwork - Page 2 08032010193
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CBRRRT Mon 08 Mar 2010, 18:25

Some scientist added up the mass of the observed galaxies and equated the amount of matter therein, and it didnt quite add up mate, he discovered that for the scales to ballence there had to be something more. After further investivation he discovered what he called "DARK MATTER"

Last edited by CBRRRT on Mon 08 Mar 2010, 18:32; edited 1 time in total
CBRRRT
CBRRRT
Trackday Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by CBRRRT Mon 08 Mar 2010, 18:30

WELL YOU ASKED ALAN!

How can we be certain of the existence of dark matter when none of our instruments can detect it? First of all, scientists are not certain it exists. dark matter is one of the few theories that is being used to explain the problem of "missing mass" in observed galaxies. It might be worth noting that mass is not weight in the way we usually describe it here on Earth. Mass is the quantity of matter an objects consists of. Weight is the effect gravity has on it. Also, "missing mass" is not a very accurate description of dark matter, as whatever is causing the effects on nearby objects is there - we just can't see it! Since, by nature, dark matter is not detectable with conventional technology due to it's inability to emit radiation or light , astronomers look at the behaviour of objects near the dark matter.

One of the first "observations" of dark matter was done by Fritz Zwicky, a Swiss astrophysicist. In 1933 Zwicky was studying the motions of faraway galaxies. At first Zwicky estimated the mass of the observed galaxies by measuring their brightness. He then used a different computation method to determine the mass. To his surprise the result was 400 times larger than his initial method. Sadly, Zwicky's research results were not used until the 70's of the 20th century - losing decades of potential research in this field. Scientists realized that Zwicky's observations could explain some of their own. Today , dark matter is being taken seriously.

Astronomers now believe that over 20% of our universe is made up of what we call "dark matter", and another 73% of dark energy. Oh and the stuff we are familiar with and can actually look at only takes up 4% of the universe. Our universe is dominated by dark matter and dark energy, whatever they may be. You can imagine that there is still plenty of work left for scientists in unraveling the secrets of the universe. Established theories will have to be modified and new theories will be introduced to take into account all of the unknown matter out there.

Recently (2006) British researchers from the University of Cambridge made some interesting discoveries. Their calculations show that dark matter particles are moving at an amazing speed of 9 kilometers per second. That is 540 kilometers per minute, or 32400 km per hour, a lot faster than previously thought. The researchers have also been able to determine the temperate of dark matter, 10,000 °C. Not exactly the
hottest stuff out there, but perhaps enough to reconsider the name "cold dark matter" used by some scientists.
CBRRRT
CBRRRT
Trackday Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by CBRRRT Mon 08 Mar 2010, 18:38

Photo of Dark matter.....

Dark, init!
CBRRRT
CBRRRT
Trackday Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Mar 2010, 18:44

Yeah , but how do I get it onto my paintwork? Don't answer that, I'll get Mr Spock.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CBRRRT Mon 08 Mar 2010, 19:57

GOOOOOODNESS ME ALAN, its already in your paint mate. Its the dark stuff between the twinkly bits.

The "Dark" stuff that dont "Matter"

"Dark Matter"

SEE ???!!!

Sheeeeeesh, your a nice bloke Alan, but a bit on the slow side fella. Never mind son, stick with me and I'll teach you all I know mate. Next week we will look at why the air inside your tyres is bigger and harder than the stuff on the outside, so your tyres stay up.
CBRRRT
CBRRRT
Trackday Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Mar 2010, 20:23

Sorry I can't keep up mate, I can only do Nuclear. Have you got an ology? Are you a scientist?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbikefinder Tue 09 Mar 2010, 00:35

CBRRRT wrote:

Looks awsome mate, I think that finish is stunning. I've been thinking about the decals with that paint job and I would go with a "Dark Matter" type thing matey.

Now I just want to see it finished, coz I'm not very good at being patient.

megawatt wrote:Dark Matter? sounds interestin,

CBRRRT wrote:......... After further investivation he discovered what he called "DARK MATTER"

CBRRRT wrote: Today , dark matter is being taken seriously.

The researchers have also been able to determine the temperate of dark matter, 10,000 °C. Not exactly the
hottest stuff out there, but perhaps enough to reconsider the name "cold dark matter" used by some scientists.

megawatt wrote:Sorry I can't keep up mate, I can only do Nuclear. Have you got an ology? Are you a scientist?

I think you're both veering into another dimension......I'm afraid that I am forced to go against the grain here, going completely against what's ingrained in my natural psychy, but I think you need to use some 'Red matter' on the bike Al, not dark matter - you allready have enough of that. Hell - you could even use 'Red hot matter' , or a nice 'Dark red hot matter' ?? A dark red like on Griz's build, used here and there could well look really good. It's also light years ahead of dark matter I'm reliably informed (by a drunken Scotsman) I'm not so sure on that one though.

Off to see the shrink
rofl
fastbikefinder
fastbikefinder
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Tue 09 Mar 2010, 12:34

Well as with all of these matters, I think it doesn't really matter what matter you use just as long as your happy with the end result, thats all that matters! rofl rofl screwy rofl rofl
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbikefinder Tue 09 Mar 2010, 15:21

griz wrote:Well as with all of these matters, I think it doesn't really matter what matter you use just as long as your happy with the end result, thats all that matters! rofl rofl screwy rofl rofl

My new paintwork - Page 2 News-graphics-2007-_644984a
fastbikefinder
fastbikefinder
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Tue 09 Mar 2010, 15:30

fastbikefinder wrote:
griz wrote:Well as with all of these matters, I think it doesn't really matter what matter you use just as long as your happy with the end result, thats all that matters! rofl rofl screwy rofl rofl

My new paintwork - Page 2 News-graphics-2007-_644984a

She don't look bovered to me! rofl rofl rofl
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Mar 2010, 17:25

Just got home from work, a mate has just bought a streetfighter top yoke for his R1 front end and it came with a pair of 820mm silver alloy ABM bars. He don't want em and they're now mine for a tenner. Result, coz they look right and being longer I can now fit some decent mirrors instead of the tiny Oberon bar enders. These are for sale by the way?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum