www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.
www.firebladeriders.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New top end for my RRW fighter

+9
helrazzer
griz
Fringe
nickyboy
alsieboy
radiobloke
yammydave
wild bill
fastbikefinder
13 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

New top end for my RRW fighter - Page 2 Empty Re: New top end for my RRW fighter

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jul 2009, 23:33

I have got a thin bit of perspex/poly sheet. will have a go when I get the brackets sorted next week.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

New top end for my RRW fighter - Page 2 Empty Re: New top end for my RRW fighter

Post by Guest Fri 31 Jul 2009, 20:24

Just wanna thank Helrazzer and Scotty80( The Chuckle Brothers) for coming down to Northiam to rewire my new headlight unit , projector lights and making a few brackets to bolt everything to. Big thanks guys. Also nice to see Masterblader again, who turned up on his own to lend moral support. Will see em again hopefully when John has done the welding?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Sat 01 Aug 2009, 00:43

megawatt wrote:Just wanna thank Helrazzer and Scotty80( The Chuckle Brothers) for coming down to Northiam to rewire my new headlight unit , projector lights and making a few brackets to bolt everything to. Big thanks guys. Also nice to see Masterblader again, who turned up on his own to lend moral support. Will see em again hopefully when John has done the welding?

I'm glad you had a successful day with the A Team/ Chuckle brothers! Laughing Whats John welding up for you?
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1928
Male Age : 54
My bike(s) : 93 Blade Streetfighter & a 96 Engineless Blade, soon to become 1 & a 95 GPZ1100 Grand tourer which is looking for a new home! lol
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by helrazzer Sat 01 Aug 2009, 08:48

just welding his clock bracket on to his new light unit))
helrazzer
helrazzer
Clubman Racer

Number of posts : 179
Male Age : 59
My bike(s) : cbr1000rr 09, 94 blade streetfighter
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Aug 2009, 10:18

We decided to make a bracket to bolt everything to. The light unit, the clocks, the projector lights and then bolt the lot to the teardrop brackets on my forks. Didn't have time to fit the USDs, but John will be making me some wraparound brackets to bolt the lot to eventually.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by helrazzer Sat 01 Aug 2009, 10:55

eventually lol
helrazzer
helrazzer
Clubman Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Aug 2009, 14:51

Here's a few pix of yesterday's activities. The Chuckle Brother's actually work very well together and George is a time served car mechanic and paint sprayer!
New top end for my RRW fighter - Page 2 31072009007 Everthing off
New top end for my RRW fighter - Page 2 31072009009 Top team, they were working well, I was limping around interfering!
New top end for my RRW fighter - Page 2 31072009006
New top end for my RRW fighter - Page 2 31072009005
New top end for my RRW fighter - Page 2 31072009011
The last one has the bracket bolted on top of two teardrop brackets and attached to top yoke, rock solid. Just need to sort clock bracket and find a suitable fairing to protect clocks. Will be modifying original Trumpet fairing for the time being.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Fringe Sat 01 Aug 2009, 17:27

Looks cool m8. drool
Many hands make light work! clap
Fringe
Fringe
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1036
My bike(s) : Fightered RRS
Registration date : 2007-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Aug 2009, 17:58

I need as much help as I can get at the moment mate. How are you gettin on with your lighting? My two projector lights cost about £43 posted?

Last edited by megawatt on Sun 02 Aug 2009, 04:35; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Sun 02 Aug 2009, 00:48

Hey that looks cool!

Nice work chuckle bro's! thumbup
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1928
Male Age : 54
My bike(s) : 93 Blade Streetfighter & a 96 Engineless Blade, soon to become 1 & a 95 GPZ1100 Grand tourer which is looking for a new home! lol
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbikefinder Sun 02 Aug 2009, 01:37

It's really come along nicely - the usd f/end will certainly finish it off for that mean look wheeliebike

Big thumbs up to HR and S80 cheers

Interested to see how bright those projectors are Mega, post up a with and without night time picture soon if you can.
fastbikefinder
fastbikefinder
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 4582
Male Age : 46
My bike(s) : Trek VX with suspenders & Specialized Hemi
Registration date : 2007-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Aug 2009, 04:34

Will do FBF, still hopefully getting a suitable fairing for the clocks, lookin for something angular to replace the Trumpet item. Probably be next weekend now when John and George return with the welded bracket and bits!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by helrazzer Sun 02 Aug 2009, 08:50

you hope...........lol
helrazzer
helrazzer
Clubman Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fringe Thu 06 Aug 2009, 11:05

megawatt wrote:I need as much help as I can get at the moment mate. How are you gettin on with your lighting? My two projector lights cost about £43 posted?

Ta for askin,
headlamp cowl is fitted in it's new position eyebrow but with a Halogen bulb (temporary).
Needs re wiring coz i got the beams mixed! rofl
lights up a treat tho sunny
happyahh happyahh
Fringe
Fringe
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Aug 2009, 21:11

Scotty80, George, brought the light unit and Helrazzer's welded brackets back today,so we had a play and ended up with this lot;
New top end for my RRW fighter - Page 2 06082009022
New top end for my RRW fighter - Page 2 06082009024
New top end for my RRW fighter - Page 2 06082009032
New top end for my RRW fighter - Page 2 06082009031
New top end for my RRW fighter - Page 2 06082009036
Whadya think?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Aug 2009, 09:52

Fring wrote "Have you thort of Polycarbonate sheet?
It's amazing the shapes you can form it into with a hairdryer on Hot!" Hadn't thought of that mate, should be easier than fibre glass. Where do you get it from?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Fringe Sat 08 Aug 2009, 12:18

megawatt wrote:Fring wrote "Have you thort of Polycarbonate sheet?
It's amazing the shapes you can form it into with a hairdryer on Hot!" Hadn't thought of that mate, should be easier than fibre glass. Where do you get it from?

B&Q. In the shed windows/plastic roof section Smile
Fringe
Fringe
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Fringe Sat 08 Aug 2009, 12:28

The newer Speed Tripl cowl would look better eyebrow but you sure gonna be seen with all them candles!
Anyone p*sses you off n you can burn their eyes out! evil

The poly sheet needs time and patience to get enough heat in. Too much'll destroy it like a warped record! rofl
Tricky but fun. dance1
Give me a shout if ya need anymore pointers.
and.......... dont burn ya fingers like me! rofl
Fringe
Fringe
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Aug 2009, 12:32

Cheers mate, Ive got 215watts if I need it, but it would probably knacker the wiring and the alternator. Have you seen any black or coloured poly? Whats your lightin like now?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Fringe Sat 08 Aug 2009, 20:17

megawatt wrote:Cheers mate, Ive got 215watts if I need it, but it would probably knacker the wiring and the alternator. Have you seen any black or coloured poly? Whats your lightin like now?

Try these guys.
http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Trent-Plastics__W0QQ_armrsZ1
I found them today.

my lights are strong but the beams all wrong.
still better than the 35/35w?
I'm getting there tho Laughing
Fringe
Fringe
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Aug 2009, 20:34

Thanks mate, how about a pair of projector beams?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by cub Tue 06 Oct 2009, 06:53

New top end for my RRW fighter - Page 2 Th_Blade25

Here's a photo of mine with some of the fairing cut down. Gonna take it up a bit further when I move the fuses and other stuff
cub
CBT Novice

Number of posts : 84
Male Age : 56
My bike(s) : RRV
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Oct 2009, 07:38

Nice one mate, do you have a bigger piccy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

New top end for my RRW fighter - Page 2 Empty Fairing

Post by cub Tue 06 Oct 2009, 08:09

https://2img.net/h/i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae71/09cubs/Blade25-1.jpg

Hope this link works I'm not too hot with the photo thing, put a set of motrax mini fairig indicators in the front of the fairing.
cub
CBT Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbikefinder Tue 06 Oct 2009, 10:05

cub wrote:https://2img.net/h/i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae71/09cubs/Blade25-1.jpg

Hope this link works I'm not too hot with the photo thing, put a set of motrax mini fairig indicators in the front of the fairing.

That's nice cub, love the black frame you have there.

Did you recently have that chain fitted? that kink looks a bit worrying.
fastbikefinder
fastbikefinder
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 4582
Male Age : 46
My bike(s) : Trek VX with suspenders & Specialized Hemi
Registration date : 2007-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by cub Tue 06 Oct 2009, 11:34

Cheers mate, the chain has been replaced, it was like that when I bought it. I've got an R1 seat unit at my welder mate whose gonna fabricate my spare Blade subframe to fit. Will wait until the bikes of the road before I can cut the fairin up a bit and fit the R1 unit then a new paint job. I wanted to see what the frame and swinger would be like black as I'm sick o polishin my gixer.
cub
CBT Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Tue 06 Oct 2009, 11:52

Very nice New top end for my RRW fighter - Page 2 827250
Kaiser
Kaiser
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 4491
Male Age : 42
My bike(s) : HM Plant RR10, RR8 Race bike, HM Plant RR7 and a nice rotavated garden!
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Oct 2009, 17:44

Nice one cub, will be interested to see the subframe/r1 tail mods. I may do that myself next year. Keep us posted and please start yer own thread as this one's MINE!! Only kiddin.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Fringe Wed 07 Oct 2009, 12:04

What's the word on your cowl?
I've had some success moulding a poly taillight surround and it reminded me of your last update.New top end for my RRW fighter - Page 2 18990
Fringe
Fringe
MotoGP Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by cub Wed 07 Oct 2009, 17:08

megawatt wrote:Nice one cub, will be interested to see the subframe/r1 tail mods. I may do that myself next year. Keep us posted and please start yer own thread as this one's MINE!! Only kiddin.

Sorry mate, gonna do a thread o the build when I get my subby backNew top end for my RRW fighter - Page 2 899780 New top end for my RRW fighter - Page 2 899780
cub
CBT Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next