www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.
www.firebladeriders.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

954 wheels on my RRW

3 posters

Go down

954 wheels on my RRW Empty 954 wheels on my RRW

Post by Guest Wed 13 May 2009, 17:29

Been watching some 954 wheels on ebay. I need some dimensions to confirm that the front will fit my 929 forks and discs.
Also they come as a pair, does anybody know if a 954 rear will fit or can be modified to fit an RRW swingarm and do I need the other bits; brake caliper, bracket for caliper, spindle adjusters. If anyone with a 954 could take some measurements for me I would be very grateful.! ps I need to know ideally before tomorrow dinnertime!!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

954 wheels on my RRW Empty Re: 954 wheels on my RRW

Post by fastbikefinder Wed 13 May 2009, 18:59

Not sure if it's of any help Mega as thebladeshop never has any 954 bits, they're rocking horse poo , but the part numbers for the 929 and 954 wheels are the same!

Good luck
fastbikefinder
fastbikefinder
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 4582
Male Age : 46
My bike(s) : Trek VX with suspenders & Specialized Hemi
Registration date : 2007-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Thu 14 May 2009, 20:47

megawatt wrote:Been watching some 954 wheels on ebay. I need some dimensions to confirm that the front will fit my 929 forks and discs.
Also they come as a pair, does anybody know if a 954 rear will fit or can be modified to fit an RRW swingarm and do I need the other bits; brake caliper, bracket for caliper, spindle adjusters. If anyone with a 954 could take some measurements for me I would be very grateful.! ps I need to know ideally before tomorrow dinnertime!!!!

Hiya mate, sorry I've only just seen this one!

The 954 front wheel will fit your 929 front end!

As for fitting the 954 rear wheel on your bike, it will but some modding is needed, I've seen it done & had a go myself, I more or less got it to work but to be honest it was a pain in the rear to do!

Here's the link on from when I had a go at it :-

https://firebladeriders.forumotion.com/projects-streetfighters-modifications-f15/cbr900rrw-t1933.htm
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1928
Male Age : 54
My bike(s) : 93 Blade Streetfighter & a 96 Engineless Blade, soon to become 1 & a 95 GPZ1100 Grand tourer which is looking for a new home! lol
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbikefinder Fri 15 May 2009, 00:19

griz wrote:.... got it to work but to be honest it was a pain in the rear to do!

Pain in the rear wheel rofl
fastbikefinder
fastbikefinder
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 4582
Male Age : 46
My bike(s) : Trek VX with suspenders & Specialized Hemi
Registration date : 2007-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 May 2009, 08:13

Didn't get the pair I was watching last night as I was unsure about making the rear fit. Will keep lookin for a front though. Are they all the same wheel from 929 to RR07?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by masterblader Fri 15 May 2009, 08:25

The rear sprocket off a 929 fitted straight onto my 04 so it would appear the sprocket carrier is the same if thats any help Alan
masterblader
masterblader
The Blade Guru
The Blade Guru

Number of posts : 5392
Male Age : 79
My bike(s) : RRS, CB500 2 X NC29
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 May 2009, 08:36

That does help thanks Mick. Wish I'd bid a bit more now, oh hum!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 May 2009, 08:50

Griz, I just read your original thread with the 954 rear wheel. I see you abandoned it because the arm was twisted. Do you think I can fit a 929/954 rear wheel to my RRW arm . Is a 954 spindle 20mm diam? All advice gratefully received!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by griz Wed 20 May 2009, 10:48

megawatt wrote:Griz, I just read your original thread with the 954 rear wheel. I see you abandoned it because the arm was twisted. Do you think I can fit a 929/954 rear wheel to my RRW arm . Is a 954 spindle 20mm diam? All advice gratefully received!!!

Hiya mate, sorry for my slow reponse. It will fit yes but the 929/954 spindle is 25mm so you can either drill the arm & brake holder out to 25mm or change the wheel & sprocket carrier bearings to 20mm bearings. I drilled out the arm & brake carrier but I would recommend you get it done at a machine shop as doing it yourself isn't to good & you don't want any slack. You'll also need to drill out the chain Adjuster blocks & change the threaded adjuster too!

It's a fair bit of work drilling it all out & if I was to do it again I think I'd go down the route of changing all the bearings. There's a few companies online that you can get custom bearings from too! Wink

I hope this helps mate!
griz
griz
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1928
Male Age : 54
My bike(s) : 93 Blade Streetfighter & a 96 Engineless Blade, soon to become 1 & a 95 GPZ1100 Grand tourer which is looking for a new home! lol
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 May 2009, 15:26

Smaller i/d bearings seems the easiest route. I'll be changing em anyway when I get it powder coated. Thanks Griz, you're a star. Hope you are ok? Had my first rideout for six weeks, after a torn cartiledge , on Sunday, 12 bikes , crackin day!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down