www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.
www.firebladeriders.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our little ride around Europe

+8
fraserl
918eds
silverback
jallen
legins
Firebladeradmin
chilli
motopsycho
12 posters

Go down

Our little ride around Europe Empty Our little ride around Europe

Post by motopsycho Wed 01 Aug 2007, 15:59

Wow, go away for a few weeks and everything has bloody changed - I like the upgrades thou...

Anyway, as promised, here's some of the best pics that were taken during our tour around Europe a few weeks back, it's not all of them by a long shot, but there's still quite a few here. Anyway, I hope ya enjoy them all the same.

On the train and the adventure begins... Very Happy
Our little ride around Europe DSCN0018
Tom's mascot 'Blinky' comes along for the ride too Laughing
Our little ride around Europe DSCN0017
1st day; After a whole day of hard riding (stopping once for a bite to eat in a sleepy town half way across France somewhere) we rode into Strasbourg and parked up just before the heavens opened up and found that the spare link holding my chain together had lost its butterfly pin, on closer inspection it seems that the pin is in fact the wrong size - shit! 😢

A quick stop off half way across France for supper drinking
Our little ride around Europe DSCN0020
2nd day; Chris finds that he has lost his debit card somewhere between Folkstone and Strasbourg so only has one credit card to pay for the entire trip. After Tom amends the dodgy link with lock-wire, we're off across the border into Germany and heading towards the Black Forest and some wicked roads - and more rain... frustrated
Our little ride around Europe DSCN0037
The very first mountain that we come across, Black Forest, Germany. :o
Our little ride around Europe DSCN0042
Decending the mountain was done in bad weather - at this point, we're all kinda saturated... Rolling Eyes
Our little ride around Europe DSCN0046
The rain begins to clear up so off come the wet-weather gear and we race through the rest of the Black Forest towards our next destination, Tom's relatives house on Lake Geneva. bounce
Our little ride around Europe DSCN0067
Don't make Lake Geneva, so end up in a lovely looking Swiss city called Basil for the night. scratch
Our little ride around Europe DSCN0066
3rd day; Onwards to Lake Geneva... :o
Our little ride around Europe DSCN0070
4th day; After holding a Chinese Parliament, we all decide that the hospitality from Tom's family members was too good (and the weather far too grey) to ride off into the Alps right away, so the three of us stay on at the Lake for another day and night. Rolling Eyes

A day trip to Mont Blonc. Smile
Our little ride around Europe DSCN0092
In side the huge glacier at the summit of the mountain./ :face:
Our little ride around Europe DSCN0110
Our little ride around Europe DSCN0114
Back at the bottom and time for a quick beer before we head back to Geneva dance
Our little ride around Europe DSCN0128
At this stage the bikes are filthy but I'm the only one who seems to be bothered!?! No
Our little ride around Europe DSCN0129
5th day; We head off into the Alps with clear skys and the sun on our backs - unknown to us at the time, we wouldn't be seeing rain again throughout the entire tour. The lock-wire on my dodgy link get's a change, again! rant

The bikes double up as climbing frames. :joker:
Our little ride around Europe DSCN0147
Our little ride around Europe DSCN0150
Have fun riding the Furkapass and the two passes behind it in bright sunshine. jumping
Our little ride around Europe DSCN0156
Our little ride around Europe DSCN0158
Our little ride around Europe DSCN0164
Our little ride around Europe DSCN0175
Our little ride around Europe DSCN0166
Our little ride around Europe DSCN0177
There's just enough time for a beer before we all race downhill and ride into Lake Como, Italy for the night. scooter
Our little ride around Europe DSCN0188
6th day; The sun is hot, very hot, and by now all three of the bikes have odd looking bunches of protective gear strapped tightly to the back seat humps. evil
Our little ride around Europe DSCN0235
Race to Pisa, then onto a night of drunken debauchery in Florance. rofl
Our little ride around Europe DSCN0197
7th day; Awake in the morning still drunk and notice that I've lost my wallet. I'm now going to have to ponce of the other two until we reach Czech - shit! affraid
Our little ride around Europe DSCN0223
Reach Bologna and the Ducati Factory, being Saturday, it means that the museum is closed but we're not too bothered as it's 38 degrees so we all dive into the large Ducati shop across the road for an hour just to cool down using their air conditioning and bathroom basin. Chris is already wondering if he has enough doe to finish the trip... :shock:
Our little ride around Europe DSCN0237
Ride into Venice by evening, the whole place is wild and crammed with cars and bikes attempting to park somewhere - we find out that there is some sort of celebration taking place that night, which explains the huge Italian populace on the island when we arrive. 🤡
Our little ride around Europe DSCN0249
It's true; the Italians know their art... :king:
Our little ride around Europe DSCN0285
8th day; Leave Venice and race into the Alps once again in an attempt to reach cooler climates. Tom thinks that he might have maxed out his credit card, if this is true, Chris and me might just have lost our meal ticket - shit! My chain sounds as thou it's about to snap, so I buy a large can of grease and cover it with the stuff - and on goes some more lock-wire... frustrated
Our little ride around Europe DSCN0287
We all have fun on a long bit of road in Austria that's showing new tarmac and consists of one fast bend after the other, it goes on for miles - lovely. Tom's contacted an old school friend who says he'll put us all up at his place for the night in Vienna but I know that my misses is partying in Brno (CZ) that evening and I want to surprise her, so I take the lead and ride strait on to the Czech border. It seems that she's already returned home by the time we roll into Brno. We had rode over 750 miles by the time we parked up in the huge and empty Holiday Inn that night.
Our little ride around Europe DSCN0290
9th day; Reach Ostrava but as usual, get lost in this big city where all the major roads look the same. The heat is doing a good job of making us all irate. We eventually find my misses place and settle down for a few days break from the bikes. sunny
Our little ride around Europe DSCN0309
Pizza's real touring grub - there's plenty of it and it's always nearly the cheapest thing on any menu! lol!
Our little ride around Europe DSCN0311
10th day; after some phone calls and Internet banking, it seems that Tom's card is almost at it's limit, as to is Chris's and my misses has to bail all three of us out of the shit if we're to get back to blighty - thanx Kat, love ya babes! love

11th day; the four of us climb the local Radegast mountain in sweltering heat. Suspect

12th day; we all spend the day at a local open air pool and attempt to tan other parts of our bodies other than the arms... dance

13th day; Tom and Chris decide that they will return to the UK earlier than planned due to the money problem that we're all now facing, it's kinda weired to see them both ride off without me thou. 😢

A quick stop of in Prague on the return trip for Tom & Chris. :rendeer:
Our little ride around Europe DSCN0312
Day 14 - Chris crashes his blade failing to navigate road works in bad weather on the road to Calais, he has an outta body experiance as he's flung over the handle bars, does a 360 and hurtled down a ditch the other side of the crash barrier. Tom doesn't know anything and continues on to catch the train. Lucky for Chris, an English truck driver helps to put the bike strait and he contiues on alone... No

Day 16 - I leave Ostrave and Kat and head home via Prague and Brussels. I want to reach Frankfurt before nightfall so to rub it in with Tom & Chris that I got further than they did but I get terribly lost in Prague and loose loads of time! rant

I take an odd Northern route into Germany and find myself racing down some wicked mountain roads, which is much more plesent than being stuck on the motorway...

Day 17 - get absolutly soaked riding from Frankfurt to Brussels.

Day 18 - I arrive back home
jumping
motopsycho
motopsycho
CBT Novice

Number of posts : 56
Male Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-08-01

Back to top Go down

Our little ride around Europe Empty Re: Our little ride around Europe

Post by chilli Wed 01 Aug 2007, 16:28

great write up :study: with some brill pic's... scooter
chilli
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3876
Male Age : 65
My bike(s) : yep!
Registration date : 2007-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Firebladeradmin Wed 01 Aug 2007, 17:27

Absolutely brilliant thumbup great pics thumbup

I wanna go, I wanna go hyper hyper
Firebladeradmin
Firebladeradmin
Website/Forum Owner
Website/Forum Owner

Number of posts : 3124
Male Registration date : 2007-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by legins Wed 01 Aug 2007, 17:46

Bloody awsome pics dude some of those roads put the cat as a motorway pic 3 looks like hes having a pi55 into the fountain lol! great story behind pics too nice to hear you all made it back to blighty
legins
legins
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1051
Male Age : 59
My bike(s) : 93 Blade but hunting for an 06 Blade
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jallen Wed 01 Aug 2007, 18:01

I want to go too. Excellent photos. How many miles did you cover?

John
jallen
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1750
Male Age : 51

Back to top Go down

Post by silverback Wed 01 Aug 2007, 18:06

Great job there with the pics, did you plan for the wife to be there to bail you out scratch
silverback
silverback
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 2843
Male Age : 57
My bike(s) : R1 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by 918eds Wed 01 Aug 2007, 18:24

glad you had a great time mate,and bought the blade home in one piece this time thumbup
918eds
Clubman Racer

Number of posts : 165
Male Age : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by fraserl Wed 01 Aug 2007, 18:49

Fantastic Photo's, sounds like a great trip, unlucky with the bump. Glad everyone made it.

Very Happy
fraserl
fraserl
CBT Novice

Number of posts : 44
Male Age : 66
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Heidi Wed 01 Aug 2007, 21:05

What an excellent read, really makes me wanna organise a trip like that right now!!

scooter punk
Heidi
Heidi
CBT Novice

Number of posts : 23
Female Age : 45
Registration date : 2007-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by motopsycho Wed 01 Aug 2007, 22:56

Thanks for the replys people. cheers

The misses is Czech and shes busy building our house over there at the moment but she didn't plan on having the three of us roll into Ostrava with empty tanks and not a penny to our name thou. It really was that bad, at one point we parked up in some supermarket car park, using the shade from the trees as shelter from the heat and a local piss-head staggers over to us pleading for some dosh, which made me laugh as at that moment in time, this guy was probably more wealthy than the three of us put together! Rolling Eyes

And yep, that pics does make me look like I'm taking a wiz... lol!

The trip was fantactic but there is a downside to it thou (only one mind you), that is, due to the time constraints we were simply riding in and out of all these fantastic towns and it stands to reason that no amount of planning in advance could have inabled us to see and apprieciate half of what they had to offer in just one beer moistened evening. I now have a list of places I want to revisit; Venice topping the list... drinking

In total, we did just under 3000 miles. evil

Some of the roads were simply to die for, seriously smooth, good visability, fast and slow bends with hardly any traffic on - anyone planning a ride off down south and might want some tips, just get in touch. scooter

Last edited by on Thu 02 Aug 2007, 17:14; edited 1 time in total
motopsycho
motopsycho
CBT Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Aug 2007, 08:31

motopsycho wrote:

The trip was fantactic but there is a downside to it thou (only one mind you), that is, due to the time constraints we were simply riding in and out of all these fantastic towns and it stands to reason that no amount of planning in advance could have inabled us to see and apprieciate half of what they had to offer in just one beer moistened evening. I know have a list of places I want to revisit; Venice topping the list... drinking

Superb read mate thumbup

I know exactly where you're coming from..
I been to loads of places over the water but only on very few occasions have i had time to stop & take in the sites.. Rolling Eyes

Next time you go anywhere near Austria let me know let me know i'll pm you some mountain passes to try... thumbup
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by motopsycho Thu 02 Aug 2007, 17:13

Dave*** wrote:
motopsycho wrote:

The trip was fantactic but there is a downside to it thou (only one mind you), that is, due to the time constraints we were simply riding in and out of all these fantastic towns and it stands to reason that no amount of planning in advance could have inabled us to see and apprieciate half of what they had to offer in just one beer moistened evening. I know have a list of places I want to revisit; Venice topping the list... drinking

Superb read mate thumbup

I know exactly where you're coming from..
I been to loads of places over the water but only on very few occasions have i had time to stop & take in the sites.. Rolling Eyes

Next time you go anywhere near Austria let me know let me know i'll pm you some mountain passes to try... thumbup

Thanks mate, I'll make a note of that. jumping
motopsycho
motopsycho
CBT Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossi46 Wed 08 Aug 2007, 21:52

Cool picys dude,nice views n all.and one serious minolta paint job.glad all made it back in one piece.[/img]
Rossi46

Number of posts : 1
Male Age : 59
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by fleurdelyes Wed 08 Aug 2007, 22:04

Looks like you had a fantastic time. The photo's are absolutely fantastic and show the places you visited to be well worth a visit. It must have took some planning in the first place though . Really envious, I would love to do that but alas ... I probably never will :021:
fleurdelyes
fleurdelyes
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1158
Male Age : 58
My bike(s) : Silver 929

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatso Wed 08 Aug 2007, 23:01

Very impressive,i did France a rew yrs back,on a shoe string but had one hell of a time!!!
gr8 pics etc !!!
Si
Gatso
Gatso
BSB Racer

Number of posts : 315
Male Age : 55
My bike(s) : CBR1000RR 04

Back to top Go down

Post by motopsycho Tue 28 Aug 2007, 01:21

fleurdelyes wrote:Looks like you had a fantastic time. The photo's are absolutely fantastic and show the places you visited to be well worth a visit. It must have took some planning in the first place though . Really envious, I would love to do that but alas ... I probably never will :021:

Never say never bud. As for planning, all I done was buy a map of Europe and all three of us penned in a route that we tried to stick to, the rest is history...

:rendeer:
motopsycho
motopsycho
CBT Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down