www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.
www.firebladeriders.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LED Indicator Flashrate Fix

2 posters

Go down

LED Indicator Flashrate Fix Empty LED Indicator Flashrate Fix

Post by lerk Mon 30 Jul 2007, 12:14

You'll need one of these per indicator, H5R6

Just connect the resistor between the two wires of each LED indicator and your indicators should flash correctly...

People sell two of these and four snaplock connectors for £6 plus postage on ebay!

Hope this saves someone a little hassle...

Cheers
LERK
lerk
lerk
BSB Racer

Number of posts : 292
Male Age : 40
Location : Well if I knew that we wouldn't be f*cking lost now would we???
My bike(s) : RR4 Tricolour
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Back to top Go down

LED Indicator Flashrate Fix Empty Re: LED Indicator Flashrate Fix

Post by pistollpete Mon 12 May 2008, 14:06

My rear indicators only appear to have one wire each, is there a ground or earth or what ever i need to join the two live wires to... not much of a wireist i'm afraid. :(

thanks for the info Lerk.

P
pistollpete
pistollpete
CBT Novice

Number of posts : 49
Male Age : 48
My bike(s) : 1997 RRV
Registration date : 2007-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by pistollpete Mon 12 May 2008, 14:11

pistollpete
pistollpete
CBT Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by lerk Mon 12 May 2008, 23:27

Do you have an integrated rear light cluster then?

If so just connect between each live feed and the common ground feed - if i remember correctly mine uses the stop/tail light ground for both indicators and the stop/tail.

Otherwise (and if you don't want resistors under your seat) you can install them at the relay - fit a single resistor of the same value but twice the wattage on each of the outputs and this will have the same effect. You'll need double the resistance if you have front LED's too.
lerk
lerk
BSB Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by pistollpete Tue 13 May 2008, 00:42

lerk wrote:Do you have an integrated rear light cluster then?

If so just connect between each live feed and the common ground feed - if i remember correctly mine uses the stop/tail light ground for both indicators and the stop/tail.

Otherwise (and if you don't want resistors under your seat) you can install them at the relay - fit a single resistor of the same value but twice the wattage on each of the outputs and this will have the same effect. You'll need double the resistance if you have front LED's too.

Thanks Lerk, i do have an integrated unit yes! - nice mine read there gay - i already got myself 4 of the 10W resistors, not sure what i'm doing with the front yet, the bulb flush fit indicators in just got are shite and don't fit so i'll probably get led's (but not online this time!)

... have you ever had a problem at MOT time with the integrated lights? i read somewhere there is a legal requirement for them to be so far apart- 24cm or something?

and how hot do these resistors get exactly, any tips on insulation?

Pete
pistollpete
pistollpete
CBT Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by lerk Tue 13 May 2008, 16:40

I've not actually taken the bike through the MOT yet, but my local place isn't normally too bothered about that sort of thing...

I put a set of flush mount smoked LED front indicators off ebay on mine, but they are hardly visible from the front. I've made them better by spacing them out at the rear, but i'd advise spending a little more and getting the motrax ones which stick out slightly and so should be more visible.

The resistors shouldn't get too hot as usually your indicators are only on for a short time before being cancelled. Mine are just spliced into the indicators wiring (so the bikes loom is untouched) then wrapped in self amalgamating tape, they've been on for nearly a year now and show no signs of overheating!

HTH
LERK
lerk
lerk
BSB Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by pistollpete Tue 13 May 2008, 19:25

fitted the integrated rear light today, i cut wires and crimped on some push fit connectors same on the resistors, so it should be easy to revert back if i change the relay at some point.

Tie wrapped the resistors onto some nice cold aluminum, just to be sure Smile

...i have an MOT coming up in the next 2 weeks, so i'll soon see if they send me packing, i'm sure the old ones will go back on quick enough.

P
pistollpete
pistollpete
CBT Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content