www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.firebladeriders.org
Firebladeriders Forum
Welcome To The Firebladeriders Forum. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter. Feel free to Register an account. We look forward to your input.
www.firebladeriders.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st track day :) any advise?

+7
JT
wes
shadow
Blade_Hog
kevb
chilli
danidge
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

1st track day :) any advise? - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st track day :) any advise?

Post by shadow Sat 02 Mar 2013, 21:38

danidge wrote:Thanks for the advice guys. I think im about ready :-P

Have a good one mate. Smile
shadow
shadow
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 3003
Male Age : 44
My bike(s) : 06 R1
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Sun 03 Mar 2013, 06:31

Have a great day fella 1st track day :) any advise? - Page 2 148544
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1589
Male Age : 59
My bike(s) : 01 Yamaha XJR1300SP
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by danidge Mon 04 Mar 2013, 19:10

right!
where do i start Smile

1st trackday was excellent. the only problem is i want to go back.

got up at 5 got dresed and then washed the bike (in the dark) ready to leave at 6 Wink
it was bloody freezing!

got to the track and didnt really have much of a clue what i was doing. but found a garage... eventually, that had some space. as for it being full of noobs like me. it was full of hardcore fastboys with tyre warmers laptops and no end of tools lol. the upside is i had plenty of advise from a couple of the guys.

as the fast group went out first i waited to get my sound check done but it seemed to go through no problem without the baffle in Very Happy
As for tyre pressures i was advised to go and have a word with one of the tyre guys as to what they should be on the track and im glad i did.
31front and 28 rear! i was shocked it was so low but they are the experts so thats what i done. it did make the bike feel different and stick to the road so well. i dont understand why they cant be like that for the road though.

i think the only problem with being in the novice group is that people seemed to think that hanging off the bike and trying to get their knee down was making them faster when really it was making them slower.
i wasnt trying to get my knee down but once i got used to the track and got my speed up it was happening naturally.
quite chuffed i only got overtaken buy 1 person but dont worry i got him back Razz. that probably means i need to go in the intermediate group next time.

i done all of the sessions except the last one as i was getting a bit knackered towards the end and still had to ride to my friends in norwich.

i didnt get and pictures other than my furry tyre when i got home Razz
1st track day :) any advise? - Page 2 20130304_123229
but the girlfriend and family did so should get them soon.
i ill be looking on the no limits site too to see if they upload any Smile

i think next time it will be more fun to have a few friends / forum members there Wink

once again thanks for all of your advice as it made my experiance better (Y)
danidge
danidge
MotoGP Rider

Number of posts : 913
Male Age : 34
My bike(s) : cbr900rr urban tiger - sold now have an awesome RR4
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Granville Mon 04 Mar 2013, 19:22

Sounds like you had a cracking if not a little cold day..I did say they are addictive.

Don't think you've gotta jump to the intermediate group straight away, you can get some good quick action and track time in the novice group like go out first and have the track to yourself bla bla bla
Granville
Granville
CBT Novice

Number of posts : 84
Male Age : 52
My bike(s) : 929 fireblade, aprilia mille rsv
Registration date : 2013-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by danidge Mon 04 Mar 2013, 19:27

Granville wrote:Sounds like you had a cracking if not a little cold day..I did say they are addictive.

Don't think you've gotta jump to the intermediate group straight away, you can get some good quick action and track time in the novice group like go out first and have the track to yourself bla bla bla

it was a little chilly mate but didnt feel it that much when i was on the track (Y)
you have a point, that is what i was doing most of the time to get out in front.
you do seem to end up catching people up still though Razz
danidge
danidge
MotoGP Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by shadow Mon 04 Mar 2013, 19:34

Good one mate.

Novice tends to have big clumps of riders all stuck together, inter has the widest range of skills from people who should blatantly be in fast, to them that should be in novice.
Through the season it can also be the events proximity to a race meeting, ive been in inter groups that were like warp class. Razz

For the road i run 32\32 pressures, the 36\42 is a joke.

Glad you had a good one, maybe rockingham next ?
shadow
shadow
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 3003
Male Age : 44
My bike(s) : 06 R1
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by danidge Mon 04 Mar 2013, 19:59

i think i am going to lower my pressures for the road. it was so much nicer on the track with lower pressures, if i dont like it i can always pump them up again Wink.

i think i will go back to snetterton for the next one as its riding distance and an awesome track. but will think about other tracks once i get a bit more experiance Smile
danidge
danidge
MotoGP Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Mon 04 Mar 2013, 21:05

Now then danidge

You've lost your trackday cherry Mate 1st track day :) any advise? - Page 2 60599

Sounds like you had a great time, glad about that. I tend to find all the blinged up lads with the tyre warmers are not all hardcore racers when you get out on the track but wannabees 1st track day :) any advise? - Page 2 316600

Very sensible decision to give the last sesh a miss cause you felt a bit tired 1st track day :) any advise? - Page 2 964788 so many don't and end up........well, you can guess.

Roll on the next one eh Cool
JT
JT
MotoGP Legend

Number of posts : 1589
Male Age : 59
My bike(s) : 01 Yamaha XJR1300SP
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2